Everyday expressions that "make your blood boil"

BringBackFergy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To be honest" or "to tell you the truth" are the ones that really irritate me. Honestly, I've done everything I can do to eliminate them from my lexicon.

I hear that all the time on Peoples Court, and presume it must happen a lot in real court as well.

No quicker way to blow your credibility

Edited by coloradobillsfan

"Everything happens for a reason"

Like there is a reason someone got thrown under a bus? Or there was an actual reason that someone gets a terrible disease like cancer or MS.

Amen brother ... if you say that phrase you should be forced to articulate the reason....

For me people who say "like" every third word drive me insane. I sat in a meeting with a colleague once and ticked off in my notebook how many times she said "like." It was in the high thirties in about five minutes of dialogue.

That makes me want to light kittens on fire and send them screeching through a petroleum refinery.

You need a reason?

"To be honest" or "to tell you the truth" are the ones that really irritate me. Honestly, I've done everything I can do to eliminate them from my lexicon.

Wait, what the--??? :wallbash:

I just say "To be perfectly blunt..." or "To be an !@#$..." Since that's what it really means.

Just sayin'..

If you're just sayin', then just f&%$in' say it

Sorry in advance. I use just sayin'. Love it. I'm going to continue to use it.

...though I'm not liking "sorry in advance" so I'll stop using that one.

I also just remembered that I hate "it's not fair". If you aren't ready to immediately articulate what's not fair any why, then don't bring it up.

Edited by snafu

Sorry in advance. I use just sayin'. Love it. I'm going to continue to use it.

np, I see it here all the time. I guess it really only 'makes my blood boil' me when I see it in this type of context:

Person A makes a point.

Person B makes a counter-point.

Person A says "Just sayin'.."

As if 'Just sayin' is some sort of overlooked logic. Oh you're just sayin' ! Then of course you must be right..

np, I see it here all the time. I guess it really only 'makes my blood boil' me when I see it in this type of context:

Person A makes a point.

Person B makes a counter-point.

Person A says "Just sayin'.."

As if 'Just sayin' is some sort of overlooked logic. Oh you're just sayin' ! Then of course you must be right..

Yes, I think I do use it that way, but not too often.

My list:

Essentially ...

The thing of it is ...

... literally ...

... and whatnot (this one makes me want to punch a puppy in the face)

... yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (rapidly)

... Where the hell is Potsie?