Everyday expressions that "make your blood boil"

BringBackFergy

Not said but seen. My banks ATMs now ask me after inserting my card but before I put in my pin, if I want English or Spanish.

Chip Cards. Why swipe first?

Speaking of ATMs... Not that it really bothers me... @ home ATM, I have to swipe my Chip Card first so it detects I have a Chip Card. Then I have to insert the card and have it lock in.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always tell a person is from Iowa or proximity... "You bet!"

Where and how did that expression start?

"Yep yep, you bet!"

LoL... Again, not that is bothers me in the least. What the heck, I will pile on. "WHEN in Rome..."

I enjoy saying "when in rome..." when it does not fit the context. Ron Burgundy steeze.

I enjoy saying "when in rome..." when it does not fit the context. Ron Burgundy steeze.

I was referring to me not having my blood boil over this stuff... Not bothering me in the least all this stuff... But simply to add to the conversation (a first).

When in Rome so as the Romans. I made it clear very early on in thread that I don't get irked.

:-P

Hey... I am trying to stick to the original theme! ;-)

Chip Cards. Why swipe first?

Speaking of ATMs... Not that it really bothers me... @ home ATM, I have to swipe my Chip Card first so it detects I have a Chip Card. Then I have to insert the card and have it lock in.

Swipe is going away eventually. The swipe or dip hybrid is temporary while all the merchants transition from magnetic stripe to chip cards.

Swipe is going away eventually. The swipe or dip hybrid is temporary while all the merchants transition from magnetic stripe to chip cards.

That's what I hoped! That damn Home ATM... I ended getting all fouled up and ripping card out when it grabs sometimes. LoL... I gotta be messing my card or machine up?

The pressure is too great... Line of cars behind me and I still foul the process up! LMAO! ;-)

"Beyond"

That is beyond gross.

I am beyond frustrated.

This is beyond ridiculous.

You know what? Then find another !@#$ing word to describe it. Don't just put "beyond" in front of the same word that doesn't do it for you.

This post is unacceptable.

"Oh well, What can ya do?"

CBF

This is unacceptable.

This is clearly unacceptable.

Any kind of "managerial" expressions, used in casual, informal discussions. Things like "moving forward"

It grates even in a workplace setting, but when it has seeped into a person's private life, I can't help but avoid ever talking to that person again.

"low hanging fruit" in managerial terms

I was referring to me not having my blood boil over this stuff... Not bothering me in the least all this stuff... But simply to add to the conversation (a first).

When in Rome so as the Romans. I made it clear very early on in thread that I don't get irked.

:-P

Hey... I am trying to stick to the original theme! ;-)

My pet peeve is people who don't get irked at the mere utterance of everyday expressions that make your blood boil.

Wait...wrong thread.

That is beyond unacceptable.

I just wish that I knew a word that conveyed something that's really, really, really unacceptable.

Let me help you out there Your Beerness:

unacceptable [ ak-sep-tuh-buhl ]

Main Entry: unacceptable

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: not suitable or satisfactory

Synonyms: really, really, really below par; really, really, really damaged; really, really, really disagreeable; really, really, really displeasing; really, really, really distasteful; really, really, really exceptionable; really, really, really half-baked; really, really, really ill-favored; really, really, really improper; really, really, really inadmissible; really, really, really insupportable; really, really, really lousy; really, really, really not up to snuff; really, really, really objectionable; really, really, really obnoxious; really, really, really offensive; really, really, really reject; really, really, really repugnant; really, really, really unappealing; really, really, really undesirable; really, really, really uninviting; really, really, really unpleasant; really, really, really unsatisfactory; really, really, really unwanted; really, really, really unwelcome; really, really, really won't do

Antonyms: really, really, really acceptable; really, really, really desirable; really, really, really ok; really, really, really satisfactory; really, really, really suitable

Let me help you out there Your Beerness:

unacceptable [ ak-sep-tuh-buhl ]

Main Entry: unacceptable

Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: not suitable or satisfactory

Synonyms: really, really, really below par; really, really, really damaged; really, really, really disagreeable; really, really, really displeasing; really, really, really distasteful; really, really, really exceptionable; really, really, really half-baked; really, really, really ill-favored; really, really, really improper; really, really, really inadmissible; really, really, really insupportable; really, really, really lousy; really, really, really not up to snuff; really, really, really objectionable; really, really, really obnoxious; really, really, really offensive; really, really, really reject; really, really, really repugnant; really, really, really unappealing; really, really, really undesirable; really, really, really uninviting; really, really, really unpleasant; really, really, really unsatisfactory; really, really, really unwanted; really, really, really unwelcome; really, really, really won't do

Antonyms: really, really, really acceptable; really, really, really desirable; really, really, really ok; really, really, really satisfactory; really, really, really suitable

+1