Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now he is retired.

Nothing at all against Scott.

But the Patriots making Filet Mignon from Ground beef is not as likely as the Myth suggests

I was gonna post this same thought !

:beer:

I think Roman knows best.

his line and design is what has been getting the yards IMO.

He coulda been a contenda

https://youtu.be/uBiewQrpBBA

Point taken

I was on the Karlos train last year as much as the next fan

but just too many warning signs.......how does a 2nd year 5th round player with concussion issues take the mentality that it is ok to get busted for drugs AND show up 40 pounds overweight in the offseason think they are making a team?

Then...if the rumors are true that actually started gaining weight when he was given a mandate to lose it......I mean I cant defense the guy.

He seems unstable two.....his social media stuff is bizarre........I could let that stuff go because its a performance based business.....but he is not holding up ANY end of being a professional football player.

I wish him luck in his future.

With Dion going down again , you might be right.

I think there is more than just the weight problem. Bills saw something. Giving him the warning was fair. But he did not respond.

To become a great player in team game, you need to be ALL IN. I mean that sincerely. You can see it in the players this year.

Everyone appears to be working hard and taking it very seriously.

Just my opinion though. Last night showed great effort all the way to 3rd string guys.

Him not showing up for off-season program was probably an issue as well. If he came into camp in great shape all would be forgiven but his off-season diet of MJ diets was too much for them to deal with.

Him not showing up for off-season program was probably an issue as well. If he came into camp in great shape all would be forgiven but his off-season diet of MJ diets was too much for them to deal with.

Or maybe he really is just a basket case in the noggin?

On a side note, getting Bush here helped strengthen the depth and breadth on O and teams.

Didn't think he would have much effect, but he sure looks smooth, quick and fast.

On a true tangent,

anyone think Bills told him " get it together and see us in 6 weeks or so"

On a true tangent,

anyone think Bills told him " get it together and see us in 6 weeks or so"

My hunch is that his diet hasn't been going well which on top of his offseason would make them believe he's not interested in football. It's unfortunate for guys like him who aren't able to be an adult that the teams aren't able to have an active role in their offseasons.

How is it weird timing? He came in grossly overweight - which is a bigger problem than it seems. Even in Hard Knocks, Jeff Fisher said this is not the NFL of yesteryear where training camp was just running these guys to death and they would hit and hit and hit. Now it's a different approach with an emphasis on mechanics and learning. The athlete is required to come already in shape. That means weight, strength and conditioning. To be 32 lbs over your playing weight is a nightmare because you're not going to lose it in practice. It's no time to be on a diet because the days are short on top of all the other responsibilities.

It was an up hill climb and they gave him a shot. What else could they do? The issue is that they have to get ready to play and reps are of the essence and can't be given to an overweight player, not earning them and that actually can't play for you until October 3rd. The Bills knew it was an issue an immediately put him with the trainers because it was critical that he do something about the weight immediately - he didn't do it. They had little choice.

Well, for a contrasting viewpoint to the several posts taking this view.....consider Bready Lazy, I mean Eddie Lacy. I believe he acknowledged that he played at 260 lbs last year. He's listed by the Pack at 234. So he showed up essentially at the same weight as Karlos. Yet he had a good preseason, and they kept him on the roster all season, amidst mounting criticism for his performance, It wasn't until the end of the season that the pack gave a publicized ultimatum to Lacy to "shape up or ship out".

Allegedly during the off-season, Lacy lost 15-18 lbs, not the 26 lbs he needed to get to that listed weight. Some people feel he may not have lost much weight at all. But, he's apparently shaped up through a rigorous off-season program and is looking good. So he's still there, "lucky tummy" and all.

I would think that a professional-quality trainer could put a lot of fitness into a guy in 7-8 weeks. And I'd like to understand why, if Bready Lazy can take carries for the Pack at 260+, KrayKray Karlos can not?

I tend to think there's more to the story than just "performance" or "information". But that's just me.

Didn't Williams suggest that he wanted to play somewhere else after last season? Maybe his lack of impulse control was really sub-conscious calculation.

He didn't exactly say this. But there was a tweet shortly after the season (or maybe while injured) where he was getting all philosophical (I use this term loosely) about feeling like he just didn't fit in. In hindsight, he was probably talking about his size 45 jeans.

Well, for a contrasting viewpoint to the several posts taking this view.....consider Bready Lazy, I mean Eddie Lacy. I believe he acknowledged that he played at 260 lbs last year. He's listed by the Pack at 234. So he showed up essentially at the same weight as Karlos. Yet he had a good preseason, and they kept him on the roster all season, amidst mounting criticism for his performance, It wasn't until the end of the season that the pack gave a publicized ultimatum to Lacy to "shape up or ship out".

Allegedly during the off-season, Lacy lost 15-18 lbs, not the 26 lbs he needed to get to that listed weight. Some people feel he may not have lost much weight at all. But, he's apparently shaped up through a rigorous off-season program and is looking good. So he's still there, "lucky tummy" and all.

I would think that a professional-quality trainer could put a lot of fitness into a guy in 7-8 weeks. And I'd like to understand why, if Bready Lazy can take carries for the Pack at 260+, KrayKray Karlos can not?

I tend to think there's more to the story than just "performance" or "information". But that's just me.

Well yea there is more than "performance" he was suspended 4 games this season for failing a drug test. He was in stage 2 of the substance abuse policy. Not too mention the reason(s)'he slipped to the 5th round to begin with.

From OTA's to TC he could have lost 15 lbs. he didn't. He could have lost another 10 in TC. he wasn't demonstrating a commitment and then fails a substance abuse test. He's responsible for himself.

Eat perfectly, and take one of those insanity type classes everyday and the. Weight melts off of you. It's his fault. Better to cut the guy now, that deal with it later. Gilleslie didn't come in overweight. Neither did Jonathan Williams or McCoy.

He pisses me off as he has God given talent and pissing it away. I try not to curse on this board but he wasted his chance as a 5th round pick. He could've helped us this year. It's on him!

Oh there is definitely more to it. It will come out. Something is going on with the guy.

Yep. Hope he gets his s++t together.

I hope and pray that he gets his LIFE together. This young man needs help and counseling and he now has a family for whom he is responsible. I hope the NFL can help him and not throw him by the Dustbin.

You do realize Lacy had a very poor year and was benched as starter later in the season.

Maybe because they are two different people and not robots off an assembly line. Eddie Lacy was a dominant college back coming off back to back 1100+ yard seasons for GB when he come in overweight last year; not a guy who could never manage to stay in his college team's starting lineup, fell to the fifth round, got hurt halfway through his rookie year and earned himself a 4 game suspension. Really, it's a pretty poor comparison.

Not to mention the fact that Lacy looked like crap for much of last year at 260 and received a ton of heat for it, so that's not exactly a blueprint for success with lesser running backs.

You do realize Lacy had a very poor year and was benched as starter later in the season.

Yes, absolutely I do. My point is the Pack worked Lacy in preseason last year then played him, at the weight where we just can't let Karlos work. I'm not saying Lacy did well at that weight, just pointing out one team can keep, practice, and play a guy at that weight (because he had a record of success with them) while we have to get out the snippers immediately, only a few days after telling the world "we won't give up on him"

Maybe Lacy's head was in it while Karlos was all "I just don't care". Or maybe there's more to it.

Maybe because they are two different people and not robots off an assembly line. Eddie Lacy was a dominant college back coming off back to back 1100+ yard seasons for GB when he come in overweight last year; not a guy who could never manage to stay in his college team's starting lineup, fell to the fifth round, got hurt halfway through his rookie year and earned himself a 4 game suspension. Really, it's a pretty poor comparison.

Not to mention the fact that Lacy looked like crap for much of last year at 260 and received a ton of heat for it, so that's not exactly a blueprint for success with lesser running backs.

All the above is true, but I'm not sure it's relevant, except the "back to back 1100+ seasons". Lacy is the bell-cow for the Pack's run game, Williams is the reliever, so less important to the team. But Williams played well and contributed to the Bills last year, and IMO what a guy did in college and where he was drafted is and should be less relevant to a team once he's shown he can play in the league.

The Pack stuck with Lacy and early indicators are he got his sh** together so it paid off. The point I'm making is the Bills were all unfazed stick with Williams, "not giving up" after the suspension and weight. And there doesn't seem to be any particular driver - no need to cut down the roster. The timing is just strange to me to make it a performance issue. If you're not giving up on the guy why not change his eating regimen, put him on a different training program, and let him stick around and try to shape up?

It was only a 5th round pick, but a draft pick is an investment, and we did invest in him both a pick and coaching time/training. Why burn our investment at this point, if it's truly a performance issue and not due to a new infraction/stupidity?

Edited by Hopeful