Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't be.

I'm sorry but I am. Based on his 1 year of football I think that he would be the top back in Cleveland, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Baltimore, San Diego, NY Giants, Washington and Philly. Some of those may be debatable but to risk nothing but your waiver priority to take your chance is surprising to me.

I'm sorry but I am. Based on his 1 year of football I think that he would be the top back in Cleveland, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Indianapolis, New England, Baltimore, San Diego, NY Giants, Washington and Philly. Some of those may be debatable but to risk nothing but your waiver priority to take your chance is surprising to me.

Too many red flags to make any sense for any waiver claim. No surprise at all.

you know smoking pot decreases motivation....so that probably won't happen.

Unless he's the exception and realizes his couch, unlimited snacks and 800 cable channels are at risk. Naw, probably not....

It's still literally no cost. You could hold his right til October and cut him if he slacks. You won't get him cheaper later.

I've been a little on both sides of this but it's hard to find downside to having him on a roster today.

Really though? I'm not trying to argue but if you are the Giants (for example) what do you have to lose? Worst case scenario is you cut him and lose an average waiver priority. What do you have to gain? He gets his head on straight and is your new starting RB. Despite his red flags (and there are a few) there is such little risk. He makes next to nothing, has proven that he can play and you can cut him at any point.

But a few injuries from now..... I won't be surprised. Desperation does that, and he's cheap. But he's got to get serious and in shape. Time will tell.

I just looked it up. There is no losing your waiver priority. If you are 32, or 31, you are always 32 or 31 no matter how many players you claim. The order, however, changes three weeks into the season to reflect the current standings. I imagine it changes each week after that as well. But you don't lose your spot claiming a guy.

Really though? I'm not trying to argue but if you are the Giants (for example) what do you have to lose? Worst case scenario is you cut him and lose an average waiver priority. What do you have to gain? He gets his head on straight and is your new starting RB. Despite his red flags (and there are a few) there is such little risk. He makes next to nothing, has proven that he can play and you can cut him at any point.

It's essentially the right of first refusal come October (and you can work him out for a week or two/give the playbook). There's really no cost. It's interesting.

Week 5 and later is a distinct possibility.

If claimed today though what's the downside? Is there a worst case scenario I'm not considering?

I just looked it up. There is no losing your waiver priority. If you are 32, or 31, you are always 32 or 31 no matter how many players you claim. The order, however, changes three weeks into the season to reflect the current standings. I imagine it changes each week after that as well. But you don't lose your spot claiming a guy.

That even furthers my thought then. Thanks for looking that up KTD!!

It's essentially the right of first refusal come October (and you can work him out for a week or two/give the playbook). There's really no cost. It's interesting.

If claimed today though what's the downside? Is there a worst case scenario I'm not considering?

Bringing in an unmotivated, undisciplined person into your team environment with a potential for spillover. He wasn't claimed and there's the biggest answer for you. This is not that hard to comprehend.

I actually think that there is a big advantage to today vs. when he is off suspension. You have a chance to get him in the building, get him on the right diet and workout routine. You can hold him accountable. I said it earlier but think of it as someone giving you a scratch off ticket. The worst case scenario is that you lose and throw it away. If you win its a bonus. It feels to me like a no lose situation. If you believe in the strength of your culture and leadership it makes sense to me.

Bringing in an unmotivated, undisciplined person into your team environment with a potential for spillover. He wasn't claimed and there's the biggest answer for you. This is not that hard to comprehend.

I'm not sure who is being influenced in the locker room by a guy that came to camp out of shape, with a drug suspension that was recently cut. It isn't like bringing a respected (yet controversial) vet into your locker room. This isn't TO. There isn't a guy in the league that is following Karlos' lead.

That even furthers my thought then. Thanks for looking that up KTD!!

An out of shape problem child might get a quick second look if he played a different position. Being fair to Karlos, he had a nice season last year when used in a complimentary role. He didn't show an ability to carry the workload and his injury history makes him undependable. If he gets in shape I could envision him getting a second chance once the season starts and the RB's start piling up on IR.

I disagree that Karlos could be a lead back, with his style your better off keeping his carries low and maximizing his impact. The more times he runs upright through a hole the quicker he is going on the IR.

I'm not sure who is being influenced in the locker room by a guy that came to camp out of shape, with a drug suspension that was recently cut. It isn't like bringing a respected (yet controversial) vet into your locker room. This isn't TO. There isn't a guy in the league that is following Karlos' lead.

I repeat. This is not that hard to comprehend.

Some people must think that Karlos is a generational talent like Eric Dickerson. Sheesh!

Not me, I'm on record (before all of this) as saying that I think he is the most overrated player on the team. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he lost his number 2 role.

With that being said it doesn't change the fact that I think that he is as good (or better) than every RB on the teams that I listed above.

An out of shape problem child might get a quick second look if he played a different position. Being fair to Karlos, he had a nice season last year when used in a complimentary role. He didn't show an ability to carry the workload and his injury history makes him undependable. If he gets in shape I could envision him getting a second chance once the season starts and the RB's start piling up on IR.

I disagree that Karlos could be a lead back, with his style your better off keeping his carries low and maximizing his impact. The more times he runs upright through a hole the quicker he is going on the IR.

Maybe not, but it doesn't change my opinion that there was very little risk for RB needy teams.