Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I thought he looked big too. And if it's true he was gaining weight back, I honestly don't see the problem. Weird timing? Maybe. But he wasn't taking it seriously.

And I'm sorry bu he isn't a high round pick. He plays a position that Bills feel is deep and talented, so I'm confused as to why you would compare it the Dareus situation.

How is it weird timing? He came in grossly overweight - which is a bigger problem than it seems. Even in Hard Knocks, Jeff Fisher said this is not the NFL of yesteryear where training camp was just running these guys to death and they would hit and hit and hit. Now it's a different approach with an emphasis on mechanics and learning. The athlete is required to come already in shape. That means weight, strength and conditioning. To be 32 lbs over your playing weight is a nightmare because you're not going to lose it in practice. It's no time to be on a diet because the days are short on top of all the other responsibilities.

It was an up hill climb and they gave him a shot. What else could they do? The issue is that they have to get ready to play and reps are of the essence and can't be given to an overweight player, not earning them and that actually can't play for you until October 3rd. The Bills knew it was an issue an immediately put him with the trainers because it was critical that he do something about the weight immediately - he didn't do it. They had little choice.

Edited by Triple Threat

How the hell does Karlos Williams come to camp overweight and then GAIN WEIGHT since he's been there? That's almost physically impossible with all the running and lifting and playing they are doing unless he is eating a box of Paula's Donuts every night before bed...

Karlos really fvcked up...it's a damn shame because he was a hell of a player when he was right...

What the hell is wrong with that dude??

The only feasible way that I know of:

he had to have done so little in the off-season that he actually lost muscle mass, and gained....a lot...of fat. Then, when he started training again, his weight would go up, as losing fat and gaining muscle actually makes you weigh more, because muscle weighs more than fat. This usually happens to people who have been away from working out for a while, or to people who go from a light workout to 4 hours a day. But, once you turn the corner, and you build, more, lean muscle, your weight starts to drop dramatically: because the new muscle needs to eat, and it eats the fat.

This is the only way I know of for him to be gaining weight after he began training. He really must have let himself go, and, probably did nothing for most of the day.

Protip:

Cardio does little. Weight Training is how one kills fat. You don't need to lift big weights. One only needs to completely exhaust 1 muscle group a day, with as many reps as that takes, with whatever weight. Just do it until you literally can't. Exhaust one set of muscles per day, and watch the lard come off your ass like its nothing.

#34 loves Karlos so we need to factor that in. He's said that he wouldn't trade him for Zeke and that he's better than McCoy. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186802-karlos-is-key/?fromsearch=1

We all have our favorites and it clouds rational judgement.

I stand by every word... This is just the latest in a over decade of short-sighted decisions by OBD.... Let's see how close this FO's newfound 'rationality' gets us to the post-season.

Matt Jones screwed up his shoulder today, I wouldn't be surprised if fat Karlos gets a chance down in DC.

He will not be signed until week 3-4. He still has the suspension to contend with. Also if the rumor is true that he put his weight back on he will have a tough time landing a job.

#34 loves Karlos so we need to factor that in. He's said that he wouldn't trade him for Zeke and that he's better than McCoy. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186802-karlos-is-key/?fromsearch=1

We all have our favorites and it clouds rational judgement.

On a practical level, when was the last rookie to have that sort of year and not make it out of camp even the following?

of course...the usual Patriots comment every time the Bills release a player....please tell us how often this has happened?

Just happened last year when they signed Scott Chandler and a majority here said he was gonna be one of the best TE's in the league with Brady throwing to him. Just look at his stats line.....23 grabs for 259 yds and 4 TD's. What more do you need? Smh

On a practical level, when was the last rookie to have that sort of year and not make it out of camp even the following?

It doesn't happen often (or ever). That's a different argument though than where he stands in a ranking of RBs. He is a good player that was in a great situation. He made so many immature decisions that they decided the talent didn't exceed the headache. That hasn't been the case with Dareus, Josh Gordon, Le'Veon Bell, Martavius Bryant, etc... If they believed that he was that special of a talent he would still be here.

Patriots will pick him up and he'll end up rushing for 1000 yds and 11 TDs

The good news is that Karlos probably doesn't even know the plays well enough to give BB any info. The play for Karlos was "grab ball from QB -- run to hole."

It doesn't happen often (or ever). That's a different argument though than where he stands in a ranking of RBs. He is a good player that was in a great situation. He made so many immature decisions that they decided the talent didn't exceed the headache. That hasn't been the case with Dareus, Josh Gordon, Le'Veon Bell, Martavius Bryant, etc... If they believed that he was that special of a talent he would still be here.

imo they think the other backups we have now are just as capable of that type of performance. And that he is not likely to repeat that performance at his current physical and mental state.

Yea- looking back I read the first half of the thread earlier then came back and saw your post and mixed up which argument belonged to 34