After all of our injured Rex says...

Yeezus

He wants to play all of our starters more mins during pre season

Has he lost it? He legit said that Watkins should play. I'm sorry but why the hell should Sammy Watkins be proving himself In a preseason game coming off surgery.

One more injury to a key player and this season is done, and Rex with it

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he lost it? He legit said that Watkins should play. I'm sorry but why the hell should Sammy Watkins be proving himself In a preseason game coming off surgery.

Actually, that's his excuse clause. We were down key starters for an extended period of time so "the next man up" doesn't apply the way it should when you are missing all-pro players.

Are you trying to get your post count up or something?

Why would football players play football ?

They will when the games count. Until then why play? They know who 4 of the five starting linemen on offense are. They know the top WR, RB, TE, and QB. What is the point?

Dareus, Wood, Glenn, Richie, Clay, and TT should play the first half of the 3rd game and that is it. KW, Shady, and Watkins should never see the field.

They will when the games count. Until then why play? They know who 4 of the five starting linemen on offense are. They know the top WR, RB, TE, and QB. What is the point?

Dareus, Wood, Glenn, Richie, Clay, and TT should play the first half of the 3rd game and that is it. KW, Shady, and Watkins should never see the field.

Amen! Pre season is to evaluate talent. Thats why their is 90 right now.These guys already know how to play the game and camp gets them in shape, not these meaningless games. Minimal snaps to knock the rust off of your players who are locked at their position. Anything other is just plane dumb.

There will be injuries to key players all year... It's football.

I doubt it happens this week, but it will happen

I thought the thought of preseason was to gradually ease the players into the regular season?

How do you do that without playing the players

Particularly when so little hitting/tackling is allowed at practice. The players themselves say they need to hit and get their bodies used to the contact -- Sammy in particular said it this week.

Injuries happen, but the team needs to be ready to play on 9/11.

Totally agree with your point. We lose a Watkins or a Taylor in a preseason game and we are totally screwed. College players have no preseason games other than a sometimes opener against East Bum F...k State. If he must, Rex should wait until the last preseason game to play Watkins. Remember what happened with Dez Bryant-Rex?

Edited by The Thurmanator

I thought the thought of preseason was to gradually ease the players into the regular season?

Because the mentality now is that you take your star players and encase them in bubble wrap during camp and the preseason. That way they get hurt early in the season versus in practice or the preseason. There is an entire absence of understanding that football is a violent contact sport where injuries do occur.

after watching other teams' preseason games, how is this different from what they are doing? As far as Sammy, he said he didn't know yet if he'd play but if he does it will be one series.

Opinion seems split 50/50 in this thread and I have to admit I am 50/50 on it.

I do think the players need to play to prepare....practice is not enough.

The problem I have is that Rex has proven he can't really manage a pre-season game properly. I worry about calling a stupid play exposing a player to injury.....leaving a starter in too long......putting a starter back in....who knows what this cat will do? He did get Sachez injured in a very stupid way. He does try to win preseason games....who's to say he won't do something stupid and get McCoy or TT or Sammy hurt?

I think I end up in the camp of having them play. There are only 4 games....whereas the regular season has 16 games full of Rex's idiocy. Might as well get it started now.

Bingo.

Going from practices to regular season would probably result in more injuries. I like the idea of Starters playing a quarter, then two quarters, then three quarters in preseason games 1-3, and rest them mostly for preseason game 4.

after watching other teams' preseason games, how is this different from what they are doing?

Did I not see Sam Bradford and Russel Wilson play entire halfs last night? :burning pitchfork: