After all of our injured Rex says...

Yeezus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinion seems split 50/50 in this thread and I have to admit I am 50/50 on it.

I do think the players need to play to prepare....practice is not enough.

The problem I have is that Rex has proven he can't really manage a pre-season game properly. I worry about calling a stupid play exposing a player to injury.....leaving a starter in too long......putting a starter back in....who knows what this cat will do? He did get Sachez injured in a very stupid way. He does try to win preseason games....who's to say he won't do something stupid and get McCoy or TT or Sammy hurt?

I think I end up in the camp of having them play. There are only 4 games....whereas the regular season has 16 games full of Rex's idiocy. Might as well get it started now.

Really, it's a wonder Rex can even tie his own shoes. Dude, you have issues.

Game 2 is when you go more distance with the starters, No? Game three more the second string and 4 those that are fighting for the last spot or practice squad.

Game 3 is when most starters usually play well into the 3rd quarter as a dress rehearsal for the regular season.

Game 3 is when most starters usually play well into the 3rd quarter as a dress rehearsal for the regular season.

Really, as long as they arent out there against guys trying to make a name for themselves or earn a spot on the team -- I only cringe so much about them playing. Especially if the key guys know to play smart instead of exposing themselves to get every last yard.

I would rather be a little out of synch for 1 game, and play a team a little out of synch in game one. I realize this requires elimination of the preseason games. As a matter of fact, I don't believe playing your guys during the FOUR preseason games and risking injury is worth it to be so-called in synch week 1. As a compromise, playing your starters in week 3 preseason for at most half a game is plenty.

The notion that they are football players, football players get hurt is silly. One of the key factors in the success of a team each year is avoiding and managing injuries. The more you play, the more likely you are to get hurt. So when you play make it count.

JMO

Edited by The Thurmanator

Really, as long as they arent out there against guys trying to make a name for themselves or earn a spot on the team -- I only cringe so much about them playing. Especially if the key guys know to play smart instead of exposing themselves to get every last yard.

It's usually ones vs. ones for most of these 3rd PS game tilts, but I agree it's prudent to not act as if it's the Super Bowl.

Totally agree with your point. We lose a Watkins or a Taylor in a preseason game and we are totally screwed. College players have no preseason games other than a sometimes opener against East Bum F...k State. If he must, Rex should wait until the last preseason game to play Watkins. Remember what happened with Dez Bryant-Rex?

Dude, we are already screwed....have you not been following the latest preseason shenanigans?

Exactly; those are type of players or veterans who want to teach uppity, big mouth rookies which result in injuries. Of course if NFLPA PUNISHED those players rather than PROTECTING them it would be different.

He wants to play all of our starters more mins during pre season

Has he lost it? He legit said that Watkins should play. I'm sorry but why the hell should Sammy Watkins be proving himself In a preseason game coming off surgery.

One more injury to a key player and this season is done, and Rex with it

Not a Rex fan by any means. But I can't fault him for playing football players during a football game.

Bingo.

Going from practices to regular season would probably result in more injuries. I like the idea of Starters playing a quarter, then two quarters, then three quarters in preseason games 1-3, and rest them mostly for preseason game 4.

Exactly. That's why I actually like the preseason format: one to get the rust off, game 2 to start rotating in the backups to see how they work in rotation. Game 3 is the dress rehearsal for week 1, game 4 for the final cut down.