Will EJ last the season?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked plenty raw. But he was also exciting. Don't forget that drive was against camp fodder. He got away with a lot because of that. But I'm not knocking the guy. Just don't go overboard from one late preseason appearance.

It'll be tuel time all over again... But hopefully with a healthy and obvious starter

Jones is less prepared to play QB than Tuel time was.

EJ is not going anywhere until he packs his things in January

I bet he will sign with someone next year but it will be league minimum money.

A lot can happen in the next few months, but I am pretty sure EJ has no illusions of grandeur about a starting role elsewhere. So, unless the coaches/FO feel that Cardale is good enough to be the #2 going into next season, I dont know why EJ cannot stay with the Bills as a backup.

Jones is less prepared to play QB than Tuel time was.

EJ is not going anywhere until he packs his things in January

I bet he will sign with someone next year but it will be league minimum money.

iirc Tuel had to apologize for his lack of preparation when he came into the Cleveland game ... could be wrong. But IMO Cardale's skill advantage more than makes up for Tuel's familiarity in an offense anyway

Edited by truth on hold

EJ is absolutely here for the year, you gain no cap space in cutting him and there isn't another more competent veteran available. Depending on how things go in the off-season you could even see him back here next year. I can't imagine there will be a big market for him in the off-season unless he has to play significant time this year and plays well.

I expect EJ to last the season. I thought he played pretty well last night. He might have been able to get us another TD before the half if Hankerson doesn't have one bounce off his hands. That TD pass was a thing of beauty.

Obviously though, he has cemented the TBD whipping boy designation TFN.

We all remember the bad quarter vs Jax and it was bad. But, EJ's 2 starts last year were the 3rd and 5th biggest day in yards of the season for the Bills. He threw 5 TDs. 4 in one game and 1 in the other. The most TDs Hotrod had in a game was 3. The most he ever did in back to back weeks was 3.

My point is the dude is no where near as bad as reported around here IMHO.

If our defense improves, we can win games with EJ.

Edited by reddogblitz

I think Cardale will be the backup. He already looks more comfortable months after being drafted than EJ does going into year 4. All things being equal they'll go with Cardale so they can get him practice reps during the week. so EJ would actually have to beat him out decisively which I'm not sure he can do.

Guarantee they prefer to play against Cardale in a real NFL game. All of them. Maybe not in a couple months or a year from now. But surely right now. Every single one of them.

All of them? Hm. If you say so B-)

A couple things about the Jacksonville game:

- That PI call was bad, he was making a play on the ball.

- EJ did not put us in a 21 point hole. Jax kicker missed an XP so it was 20 points!

- The defense got a pick-6 to give us the lead back.

- EJ's second half wasn't bad (and was actually a nice recovery), but it wasn't good enough to forget those 3 series in the first half.

- It was one game.

I think Cardale will be the backup. He already looks more comfortable months after being drafted than EJ does going into year 4. All things being equal they'll go with Cardale so they can get him practice reps during the week. so EJ would actually have to beat him out decisively which I'm not sure he can do.

Also think when this team decides theyre going in a different direction they pretty much write someone off. Think Mario Williams last season, whom they would most likely have traded if they could have. Imo a trade is possible for EJ, 6-7th round pick as I said (if skins found a trade partner for jason Campbell I think we can for EJ). If no trade partner is found then i agree with the doubters who say he stays for sunk cap reasons. Edited by truth on hold

It's the best time of the year!!! Preseason hot takes!!! I think based on the amount of points they helped us scored, our QB depth chart should be EJ, Cardale, & Tyrod!

It's hilarious how the same EJ sucks crusaders always come out. And it's the worst because they try to cause conflict. I think for the first time in a long time, we are in an environment for Qbs to develop. The best thing that ever happen to Tyrod is the Ravens developed him because he would be in awful shape if we did. Jones is getting the treatment that EJ should have gotten.

He showed some nice throws but man, the hype of getting one Td is crazy. Dude has very good long term potential but a year ago, he was going 4-9, 36 yards, 0 tds, and 2 ints against traditional powerhouse Northern Illinois. Let's settle it down and let the guy develop. And I still think EJ is one of the best backups in the NFL.

It's the best time of the year!!! Preseason hot takes!!! I think based on the amount of points they helped us scored, our QB depth chart should be EJ, Cardale, & Tyrod!

It's hilarious how the same EJ sucks crusaders always come out. And it's the worst because they try to cause conflict. I think for the first time in a long time, we are in an environment for Qbs to develop. The best thing that ever happen to Tyrod is the Ravens developed him because he would be in awful shape if we did. Jones is getting the treatment that EJ should have gotten.

He showed some nice throws but man, the hype of getting one Td is crazy. Dude has very good long term potential but a year ago, he was going 4-9, 36 yards, 0 tds, and 2 ints against traditional powerhouse Northern Illinois. Let's settle it down and let the guy develop. And I still think EJ is one of the best backups in the NFL.

It's not just the EJ sucks crusaders that come out.

I think for the first time in a long time, we are in an environment for Qbs to develop. The best thing that ever happen to Tyrod is the Ravens developed him because he would be in awful shape if we did. Jones is getting the treatment that EJ should have gotten.

This.

I'm just curious. But let's say right now the Bills have a win and you're in the playoffs, a loss and you are out. Do you start EJ or Cardale in that game?

I'd forfeit and save our team for a run in 2017. If Whaley has any sense he'll redshirt Cardale this year and not let him accrue a year of eligibility on is contract.

I'm not an EJ hater, comments strictly relate to what the Bills will do with him this season

EJ is going to win the sb after tyrod gets hurt and we will void the contract leading tyrod to Denver for 8 years and ej will flame out a year after

Or ej has a guaranteed contract and will play when needed this season and we will move on after

I think the coaches see the difference between EJ and TT.