Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

Do we know if he actually has a concussion? Or is this just what they have to do now?

The latter. We don't know. It's usually at least a week though, just to go through the tests. I believe it's also possible that shortly after the initial analysis, if there is no indication of a possible concussion they can be back on the field in a day. I'm not positive about that but I think so.

This is a decent article explaining.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2015/08/29/explaining-nfl-concussion-protocol-the-five-step-map-for-rgiiis-return/

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While unfortunate, it also doesn't mean much right now. First, its preseason, so not only are they always going to be cautious with potential head injuries, they are definitely not going to take any chances in the preseason. Second, they don't even know if its an actual concussion yet, so just being cautious going through the protocol doesn't really mean much yet. Third, given his injury history, it also makes sense to error on the side of caution with him anyway.

Not only do I think he will make the team, but I believe he will be our 3rd WR. Even if it is a concussion, I don't think that will impact them keeping him or not because any player can get one when they slam their head on the ground. Now that doesn't mean his injury history is behind him by any means, still lots of question marks if his body can hold up, but if the team was going to cut him over that history they already would have because he's taking reps from the younger guys. So clearly, as long he avoids any lengthy or nagging injuries, they are willing to look past the injury history if his play on the field stays strong, which it has.

There's no blaming Goodwin for working hard and trying to a reliable NFL receiver. Its the best way to make a living and he can consistently get separation on the field.

I would grade him a C on ball skills, but luckily he has a very accurate long ball throwing qb so he doesn't usually have to make major adjustments while the ball is in the air.

As far as reliability, it's an F grade for Goody. He's another Roscoe Parrish-- fun to watch, never healthy, great in college, too fragile for the NFL. They shine in camp, awesome for the first few games, then in and out (usually out) for the rest of the year.

Goody ran a blazing 4.29 at the NFL combine which is why we drafted him, Powell was like 4.5, i don't know about Little's speed or whats happening with Listenbee this season but if it's a burner we really want then I would save him for select plays and NOT start the guy unless he's used as a decoy, safe out patterns or long balls. No over the middle stuff or he's a goner.

There's no blaming Goodwin for working hard and trying to a reliable NFL receiver. Its the best way to make a living and he can consistently get separation on the field.

I would grade him a C on ball skills, but luckily he has a very accurate long ball throwing qb so he doesn't usually have to make major adjustments while the ball is in the air.

As far as reliability, it's an F grade for Goody. He's another Roscoe Parrish-- fun to watch, never healthy, great in college, too fragile for the NFL. They shine in camp, awesome for the first few games, then in and out (usually out) for the rest of the year.

Goody ran a blazing 4.29 at the NFL combine which is why we drafted him, Powell was like 4.5, i don't know about Little's speed or whats happening with Listenbee this season but if it's a burner we really want then I would save him for select plays and NOT start the guy unless he's used as a decoy, safe out patterns or long balls. No over the middle stuff or he's a goner.

That's the biggest waste of a roster space and the worst idea ever...

Why are people OBSESSED with the 40? It's the most overrated thing ever. As long as he's football/functional fast, then I don't care what his 40 is. Give me a guy who runs a 4.6 and can read a defense and run routes over someone like Goodwin or Troy WIlliamson. Jerry Rice, Anquan Boldin, Steve Largent, Cris Carter, Wes Welker, Michael Irvin, all "slow" WR's but some of the best to ever lace them up. Most importantly they'll outlast any "track guy" because they don't rely on athletic ability to get open.

And if they're going to run the 40 yd dash at the combine, put the dam pads on.

Why are people OBSESSED with the 40? It's the most overrated thing ever. As long as he's football/functional fast, then I don't care what his 40 is. Give me a guy who runs a 4.6 and can read a defense and run routes over someone like Goodwin or Troy WIlliamson. Jerry Rice, Anquan Boldin, Steve Largent, Cris Carter, Wes Welker, Michael Irvin, all "slow" WR's but some of the best to ever lace them up. Most importantly they'll outlast any "track guy" because they don't rely on athletic ability to get open.

Because he gets open Raven......it doesnt completely have to do with his 40 time....it has to do with the fact that he gets behind the defense on a regular basis.....

Now....the fact that he gets hurt too much? I cant defend that.....but he DOES get open

It's settled. Cut Glass and sign scrambled brain Welker and Jerry Rice.

Because he gets open Raven......it doesnt completely have to do with his 40 time....it has to do with the fact that he gets behind the defense on a regular basis.....

Now....the fact that he gets hurt too much? I cant defend that.....but he DOES get open

I guess defenses do have a tough time guarding someone who's sitting on the bench on a regular basis. So you do have a point.

It's settled. Cut Glass and sign scrambled brain Welker and Jerry Rice.

LOL...Jerry Rice would still be better.

All WRs get open. Given how little he has played, people here have to remember back to 3 years ago to tell us how well this guys beats the coverage. Yet, when he does play, he's not targeted often (2 years ago he "got open" only 9 times in 10 games, yet still caught a single pass).

If his unique talent is getting open, no one on the field seems to notice.

All WRs get open. Given how little he has played, people here have to remember back to 3 years ago to tell us how well this guys beats the coverage. Yet, when he does play, he's not targeted often (2 years ago he "got open" only 9 times in 10 games, yet still caught a single pass).

LOL.....................

As far as i know - those type of guys aren't available. 40 speed or not - he has looked to be among the best in our group of receivers. That makes him deserving of a roster spot...

It's not just "3 years ago", he's beating out his competition for the #3 spot this training camp and in his limited action in preseason.

your trying to argue a point that is proven to be fact based on his statistics. But the boneheaded people here will never admit that he sucks.

It's not worth arguing over. After all, you are 100% correct.

I'm sorry, nothing against the guy on a personal level I know he has really good speed but to me that's all he has. His hands are suspect, he has a really hard time tracking the ball and he can't stay healthy. Every year he does just enough in camp to make the team then he's useless. Done drinking the Goodwin Kool-Aid.

I fail to see why he's still here. He just can't stay on the field and when he does its nothign special

Why is this so hard to understand? Goodwin is here because the Bills believe he is the third-best wide receiver on the team. Period. It also doesn't hurt that he has elite speed and that he is cheap (still on his rookie contract). I'm sure he apologizes to all Bills fans for having been injured previously.

Why is this so hard to understand? Goodwin is here because the Bills believe he is the third-best wide receiver on the team. Period. It also doesn't hurt that he has elite speed and that he is cheap (still on his rookie contract). I'm sure he apologizes to all Bills fans for having been injured previously.

why is it so hard to understand that being on the roster, he takes away training and playing time from a WR that might actually amount to something in their careers.