Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

I don't care how fast a guy is, how good he looks in his practice jersey, etc. - at some point he has to show that he can make a play against an opposing defense.

that game that he started against the jets wasnt out of this world, but he did make enough noise against nfl starters with no help across from him and EJ at qb that i am still curious to see what he could do if he had some healthy reps in a good offense.

could be nothing, but it has me curious.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that game that he started against the jets wasnt out of this world, but he did make enough noise against nfl starters with no help across from him and EJ at qb that i am still curious to see what he could do if he had some healthy reps in a good offense.

That was THREE. YEARS. AGO. He's barely made a play since!

Goodwin had a good game and we blew out Rex. Not sure why the above is such an insult. Maybe we should be more concerned that Rex's vaunted defense lost big with "EJ at qb".

See? This is to the premise of him being a tease. BECAUSE he is a 'World Class athlete'/'fly like wind'/'take the top off defenses, this player you request to see to validate the premise is very likely not here. Think about it. Since Sammy & Woods got injured early last year, the only WR's added were JAG's on the street. We even waited till late in the Draft for the next 'eye-popper' Listenbee, because of Glass. Case in point; if Goodwin weren't here, do you think the FO would be all over getting a real NFL receiver in here? You betcha!

I think Goodwin being on the roster tells us something.

And that with Different OCs too , he is still on the team. Different HCs too!

I realize we fans are smarter then those folks but, they must have some consistent reasoning in keeping him around. Even though he SUX

:nana:

BTW the concussion protocol may be a bit of smoke? Either these guys have had one or not by now.

When the hell is Listenbee getting reps? I want more players to be dissatisfied/disappointed about and I want them now !!!

See? This is to the premise of him being a tease. BECAUSE he is a 'World Class athlete'/'fly like wind'/'take the top off defenses, this player you request to see to validate the premise is very likely not here. Think about it. Since Sammy & Woods got injured early last year, the only WR's added were JAG's on the street. We even waited till late in the Draft for the next 'eye-popper' Listenbee, because of Glass. Case in point; if Goodwin weren't here, do you think the FO would be all over getting a real NFL receiver in here? You betcha!

I think there's room on the roster for both a real NFL receiver, and Goodwin.

Goodwin had a good game and we blew out Rex. Not sure why the above is such an insult. Maybe we should be more concerned that Rex's vaunted defense lost big with "EJ at qb".

it wasnt a huge insult or anything --- it was simply noting that it wasnt like he had a great qb throwing to him or other weapons leaving him to get easy work. that offense was pretty beat up and he made some plays

That was THREE. YEARS. AGO. He's barely made a play since!

and he hasnt played much since - which is an issue, but its not like hes on the field but lost and not contributing. two different problems.

i also get that it was only one game, but all i said on the upside is that it had me curious - you know since he had to run a pretty complete route tree, face their top corner, etc.... and did well.

Edited by NoSaint

it wasnt a huge insult or anything --- it was simply noting that it wasnt like he had a great qb throwing to him or other weapons leaving him to get easy work. that offense was pretty beat up and he made some plays

and he hasnt played much since - which is an issue, but its not like hes on the field but lost and not contributing. two different problems.

i also get that it was only one game, but all i said on the upside is that it had me curious - you know since he had to run a pretty complete route tree, face their top corner, etc.... and did well.

He appeared in 10 games in 2014. What did he contribute?

He appeared in 10 games in 2014. What did he contribute?

with a total of 89 offensive snaps from the numbers i just pulled.

he didnt produce a lot but it wasnt like he was on the field a whole lot (which was all i was saying). Sammy averaged a little over 64 snaps a game on offense. Even the missing man, mike williams doubled goodwins snap count.

its not like im singing some high praises for the man here. "having seen him play a good game as a starter has me curious" isnt some big endorsement.

The Bills understand this concept, but plainly they don't agree that Goodwin will never amount to anything. Goodwin has been with the organization since 2013 and the team has watched and coached him in every practice and at every game for which he has suited up since that time. The fact that the team has continued to give Goodwin opportunities--and now have him slotted as the number three receiver--despite his injury history, shows that they think highly of his ability. The Bills, who know Goodwin better than anyone as a teammate and as a football player, are most definitely not on board with your crusade.

Thanks, mannc. That's pretty much what I've been saying for all of training camp, especially since the concussion. The Bills are right to gamble on his health because when he is injury free, he's dynamite.

Thanks, mannc. That's pretty much what I've been saying for all of training camp, especially since the concussion. The Bills are right to gamble on his health because when he is injury free, he's dynamite.

"Dynamite" = 0.25 receptions/game over the last two seasons

giphy.gif

with a total of 89 offensive snaps from the numbers i just pulled.

he didnt produce a lot but it wasnt like he was on the field a whole lot (which was all i was saying). Sammy averaged a little over 64 snaps a game on offense. Even the missing man, mike williams doubled goodwins snap count.

its not like im singing some high praises for the man here. "having seen him play a good game as a starter has me curious" isnt some big endorsement.

I tried to make that point way earlier in this thread. The guy hardly plays, and when he does, he doesn't get many looks, and when he gets looks, he doesn't make many catches.

Given all of that, I really didn't understand where some (not you) were attributing some fantastical features to his game (he regularly beats coverage, he easily gets open, etc.). Logic would dictate that if this was true, in the games in which he was available to play, the staff would have targeting him a lot more than they did. But they didn't.