Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that turns out not to be true I will come back into this thread for public mocking, which you can begi.

I'm so confused. I can't tell if you are trying to tie a training camp injury to an indictment of the current staff or if you are saying that you want to be mocked in public. You need a couple bucks or something?

Look, we have our umpteenth bad coach in a row. Because I can see through their BS more quickly than most is not a reason to be upset with me. Rex's statement clearly indicated that Ragland's injury is very serious and probably season ending. He knows it and is waiting for final verification. If that turns out not to be true I will come back into this thread for public mocking, which you can begin.

From a personal perspective, Rex is far more likable and fun than Marrone. He is only a slightly better coach and that isn't good enough.

Stop. You're thinking too hard and if you keep it up, you're gonna hurt yourself.

Glad to see this place hasn't changed.

By Monday night we should know whether this is a minor setback or major hole to fill. Predicting severity of injury based upon Rex-speak, random doctor tweets, eyewitness accounts of players crying, and reading tea leaves is pretty senseless.

By Monday night we should know whether this is a minor setback or major hole to fill. Predicting severity of injury based upon Rex-speak, random doctor tweets, eyewitness accounts of players crying, and reading tea leaves is pretty senseless.

The tea leaves are powerful at TBD.

It's major. I've finally come around to the inevitable conclusion.

Tears are a good indicator of a problem. If I well up, something bad happened or I hurt. If Reggie had a tear, he had to have some discomfort. Probably carried around a hanky too.

We know there was swelling in the knee to the degree that the MRI was inconclusive. That indicates injury - whether it be the season ending ACL variety, or the shorter term meniscus tear or MCL sprain is the question. We have to hope he's back at some point and it's not an ACL tear. I feel terrible for the kid.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Wait, those aren't TEA leaves!

LOL

Around here "tea leaves" are anything people want them to be. Great case in point following this comment. But around here tea leaves may as well be 'shrooms.

One of these is true, or maybe neither. Speculation is awesome.

Yes, one is true, but reading the real tea leaves, not taking the 'shrooms, the circumstances point more towards this being a disaster although that's a bit strong than they do of an F5.

Here are the facts, which many posters here seem to have difficulty coming to grips with before they become blatant to a blind monkey:

Rex is "very concerned." He wouldn't openly state that unless he felt it was serious. He's not mamma who cringes every time one of her babies let's out a cry of pain or anguish, he's a professional coach that's seen just about everything.

The team is already looking for an ILB to sign. They say for camp but with a roster of damn near 100 that's laughable.

RR is seeking a second opinion. If the first one were implying F5 then he wouldn't be seeking a second one.

It's like Watkins and his foot injury, the team hasn't come clean (surprise surprise) on exactly what kind of injury it is despite the notion that everything about it suggests, strongly it can be added, that it is in fact a Jones Fracture. We'll find out that it is later on once the season begins and he can't play either at all or to 100% and the excuses start flying in his defense again the way that they did with Spiller. But people here, using as fact what wasn't said, insist that it's not a Jones Fracture. That's the 'shrooms. Is that intelligent? Good analysis? You can decide that for yourself. Just sayin'.

I don't think it's a disaster because we still don't know how good Ragland is. If he's only as good as the pedigree ILBS that have come out sans one out of about the last six or seven from 'Bama, then it's not a disaster.

He's really a 2-down ILB anyway, can't cover, so how big of a disaster is it?

To me the disaster happened back in the draft when we should have taken Treadwell given Watkins' nancy-boy injury status and Whitehair to solve the problems of our OL. If we had done that, apart from likely not having our first two draft picks out indefinitely, we'd have gotten a premier WR and solved our OL issues and we would have been discussing whether or not we could possibly have the best offense in the AFCE this year and quite possibly the AFC entirely.

Instead, under Whaley & Ringling Ryan Bros. we get this nonsense.