10 Reasons Why Tyrod will have a great year

IDK, but for TT to be better he needs to improve on 63% comp, 3000+ yards, 20 TDs to only 5 ints and a 99 QB rating.

I see that as a very difficult thing to do because those numbers are pretty good, yet they only transferred into a 7-6 record for him also.

I mean what are we talking numbers wise that TT needs? 70%, 4000 yards, 30 TDs 8 ints 110 QBR, I can't see that happening, sorry I wish it could but I just don't see it from him.

20 passing TD's is below the league average. I believe the league average is 26, so Tyrod and the receivers will need to improve. Also, the defense took a few steps backwards. With getting rid of the biggest primadonna on the team, Mario Williams, who was saving himself for his next contract, the Bills should improve on D.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 passing TD's is below the league average. I believe the league average is 26, so Tyrod and the receivers will need to improve. Also, the defense took a few steps backwards. With getting rid of the biggest primadonna on the team, Mario Williams, who was saving himself for his next contract, the Bills should improve on D.

what are the running TD numbers compared to the rest of the league (I am asking because I dont know)

I am just wondering if that might be above the league average and it might be due to scheme that our passing TD numbers are below average.

what are the running TD numbers compared to the rest of the league (I am asking because I dont know)

I am just wondering if that might be above the league average and it might be due to scheme that our passing TD numbers are below average.

TT was tied for 17th in total TD's. Below average.

We have lost TWO starting players from a defense that is extremely talented.....

This D is not going to fall off the cliff

Well, it already did, didn't it? It can't fall as far this year as it did last and I suppose that's something. All I have to suppose that it will rise to near 2014 levels is hope. Whether Taylor and the offense can carry the team is the biggest ??? for me. I anticipate that the defense will improve, but, not to where it was.

Well, it already did, didn't it? It can't fall as far this year as it did last and I suppose that's something. All I have to suppose that it will rise to near 2014 levels is hope.

Beerball......last year.

I know it is easy to be negative.....but the single biggest problem I feel this team had last year was communication problems due to Rex complex scheme.

Its year 2 of the Rex scheme.....so I expect that to improve

Which one is the Kool aid? They all look like legitimate reasons.

#7 and #9

#7 - if we have Harvin's replacement, who is he? Marquise Goodwin has been Harvin-like only in his ability to be injured and stay off the field. Kolby Listenbee is an unpolished 6th round rookie. I would like to see Dez Lewis take a step, and hope he will. I think the best that can be said is "we hope between Dez Lewis, Listenbee, Goodwin, and any FA pickups, we might have Harvin's replacement". Anything more has that little smiley jug with the ice cubes running about.

#9 - it's great that we have Cog, Glenn, and Woods returning, but the question mark last year was the right side of the line. With his return from serious off season surgery and a chronic disease to manage, it's unclear that Henderson will be ready to go - this season? ever? Can his body stand the rigors of football with Crohn's? It's such a variable disease, TBD! That leaves it up to Kujo (disappointment so far) and Jordan Mills (who was a 5th round pick and in 4 years, has done nothing to make people forget that.) To avoid Koolaid, the RT spot has to be marked down as a question mark. We hope that Miller will take a step, but that's a hope, not a given. Again, have to mark RG down as a question mark. So to put the line returning as a reason a kool-aid

Beerball......last year.

I know it is easy to be negative.....but the single biggest problem I feel this team had last year was communication problems due to Rex complex scheme.

Its year 2 of the Rex scheme.....so I expect that to improve

Point is it already fell off a cliff. We better hope for a significant rise or else Taylor's play won't matter one whole heck of a lot.

#7 and #9

#7 - if we have Harvin's replacement, who is he? Marquise Goodwin has been Harvin-like only in his ability to be injured and stay off the field. Kolby Listenbee is an unpolished 6th round rookie. I would like to see Dez Lewis take a step, and hope he will. I think the best that can be said is "we hope between Dez Lewis, Listenbee, Goodwin, and any FA pickups, we might have Harvin's replacement". Anything more has that little smiley jug with the ice cubes running about.

#9 - it's great that we have Cog, Glenn, and Woods returning, but the question mark last year was the right side of the line. With his return from serious off season surgery and a chronic disease to manage, it's unclear that Henderson will be ready to go - this season? ever? Can his body stand the rigors of football with Crohn's? It's such a variable disease, TBD! That leaves it up to Kujo (disappointment so far) and Jordan Mills (who was a 5th round pick and in 4 years, has done nothing to make people forget that.) To avoid Koolaid, the RT spot has to be marked down as a question mark. We hope that Miller will take a step, but that's a hope, not a given. Again, have to mark RG down as a question mark. So to put the line returning as a reason a kool-aid

I am going to comment on the line. This is the first time Bills have had any continuity on the line. All the players returning for second year. Regardless of who they are, i see this a positive. Certainly form a Coaches perspective and hopefully form Tyrod's viewpoint

Point is it already fell off a cliff. We better hope for a significant rise or else Taylor's play won't matter one whole heck of a lot.

as you inferred, it would be hard to appear much more discombobulated.

My question is, what has the rest of the league, especially our division, figured out about Tyrod? Yah, we all know what we saw last season... Efficiency, accuracy, mobility, blah, blah, blah... Problem is, everyone else saw it too... I wouldn't bank on him being able to get away with the same sh__ this season.

@pff_fantasy

The passer rating achieved by Bills QBs when throwing to @SammyWatkins. Best mark in the AFC. #BillsMafia

What were the other QBs ratings when throwing to Sammy Watkins last year?

Edited by Big C

My question is, what has the rest of the league, especially our division, figured out about Tyrod? Yah, we all know what we saw last season... Efficiency, accuracy, mobility, blah, blah, blah... Problem is, everyone else saw it too... I wouldn't bank on him being able to get away with the same sh__ this season.

You're assuming that what he did last season is his cap and he has nothing else he can do. You're also assuming that Roman won't come up with anything new.

Personally, as pessimistic as I generally am, I expect to see more from Taylor in 2016 than we did in 2015.

He is going to have to show he can throw across the middle

When TT is at Brady's level let me know.

I don't think he'll ever reach Brady's level. You said to be a great QB you had to be able to throw anywhere on the field. Brady hadn't had much of a long game since Moss retired. By your logic that would make him no longer great.

Go look at his game logs. He did it every week and we played some good defenses. Why didn't they figure it out? They saw it all last year. It's because he isn't easy to contain. Of course teams will game plan and look back on what he did to figure out what their going to attempt to do. Won't be easy - because he's a big problem to worry about.

Go look at his game logs. He did it every week and we played some good defenses. Why didn't they figure it out? They saw it all last year. It's because he isn't easy to contain. Of course teams will game plan and look back on what he did to figure out what their going to attempt to do. Won't be easy - because he's a big problem to worry about.

Your right...you can do everthing correctly and Tyrod can still just convert the first down

but

If we want this offense to be where it NEEDS to be......we need for Tyrod to continue to work on areas that were not strengths last year.........

http://247nflnews.com/10-reasons-tyrod-taylor-will-great-season/

Good article, but a little much on the kool-aid side.

Hey, interesting site :)

The article is definitely heavy on the Rock a Dile Red but many of the items are relevant to his (and the Bills) success but as we all know none of this puts points on the board or W's in the box score.

Change one word- 10 reasons why tyrod taylor COULD have a great season- and no more kool-aid.

Your right...you can do everthing correctly and Tyrod can still just convert the first down

but

If we want this offense to be where it NEEDS to be......we need for Tyrod to continue to work on areas that were not strengths last year.........

Of course - but I'll give credit where it's due. He wasn't just some running scared QB. He's a legit weapon that defenses will have problems with. I also know he did enough work over the middle that has me feeling he can. He played within the system and it didn't ask him to much - that's very typical for a rookie QB (I call him that). We are very fortunate to have him in terms of hope. I can't think of a better scenario than a rookie in terms of playing time with the combined benefit of NFL coaching/learning experience. This young man did some extraordinary things last year. We're a group of fans that have built a tolerance to disappointment and it's difficult to have any other feeling than to believe it when we see it. However because of that hardness we're also having trouble understanding what fantastic things he did to earn a little more belief from us than he gets.

Well, it already did, didn't it? It can't fall as far this year as it did last and I suppose that's something. All I have to suppose that it will rise to near 2014 levels is hope. Whether Taylor and the offense can carry the team is the biggest ??? for me. I anticipate that the defense will improve, but, not to where it was.

Taylor can't carry the team when his coach is unable to put the game on his back no matter how well the quarterback plays. Roman would love to run the ball all day and throw about 8 play action passes. One week he actually did get it down to 13 attempts. No run n shoot concepts no west coast concepts. It all goes through the running game. I don't see how we can expect the kid to blossom into greatness when it is never asked of him.

When TT is at Brady's level let me know.

Let me know when ANY QB is that good.

BTW here's reason #11: Ballers says Tyrod's gonna be good.

Of course - but I'll give credit where it's due. He wasn't just some running scared QB. He's a legit weapon that defenses will have problems with. I also know he did enough work over the middle that has me feeling he can. He played within the system and it didn't ask him to much - that's very typical for a rookie QB (I call him that). We are very fortunate to have him in terms of hope. I can't think of a better scenario than a rookie in terms of playing time with the combined benefit of NFL coaching/learning experience. This young man did some extraordinary things last year. We're a group of fans that have built a tolerance to disappointment and it's difficult to have any other feeling than to believe it when we see it. However because of that hardness we're also having trouble understanding what fantastic things he did to earn a little more belief from us than he gets.

No truer words spoken.

He is going to have to show he can throw across the middle

Like Bills took away the middle from Fitz and crushed their tiny Whoville hearts team are going to want Tyrod to take short chipshots near the hash marks

You're assuming that what he did last season is his cap and he has nothing else he can do. You're also assuming that Roman won't come up with anything new.

Personally, as pessimistic as I generally am, I expect to see more from Taylor in 2016 than we did in 2015.

Very proud of you, taking this perspective Beer.

Taylor can't carry the team when his coach is unable to put the game on his back no matter how well the quarterback plays. Roman would love to run the ball all day and throw about 8 play action passes. One week he actually did get it down to 13 attempts. No run n shoot concepts no west coast concepts. It all goes through the running game. I don't see how we can expect the kid to blossom into greatness when it is never asked of him.

Roman has a lot of pockets full of plays we did not see last year.

Why stop running when it works so well though ?

Teams are going to need to shut that facet down. Richie was a mauler when he pulled and rarely could not move a man or two.

It is exciting to consider Tyrod and his upcoming season. IMHO

Like Bills took away the middle from Fitz and crushed their tiny Whoville hearts team are going to want Tyrod to take short chipshots near the hash marks

Very proud of you, taking this perspective Beer.

Roman has a lot of pockets full of plays we did not see last year.

Why stop running when it works so well though ?

Teams are going to need to shut that facet down. Richie was a mauler when he pulled and rarely could not move a man or two.

It is exciting to consider Tyrod and his upcoming season. IMHO

You trade an elite running game for an elite passing game in today's league. I don't think the Bills are in a position to do that because their passing game is too limitd to develop a great quarterback. If all he's ever asked to do is run play action and some high low concepts that's all he'll be able to do. How do you learn to spread the field and dominate the game when the coach doesn't go there

Look at Sean Payton. He can win with power run and he can win a completely different way as well. His run game is plus and yet his passing game is every bit as versatile and effective. I can't say the same about our guy.

You trade an elite running game for an elite passing game in today's league. I don't think the Bills are in a position to do that because their passing game is too limitd to develop a great quarterback. If all he's ever asked to do is run play action and some high low concepts that's all he'll be able to do. How do you learn to spread the field and dominate the game when the coach doesn't go there

Look at Sean Payton. He can win with power run and he can win a completely different way as well. His run game is plus and yet his passing game is every bit as versatile and effective. I can't say the same about our guy.

I get you. Very basic last season. Even the run game was. First year with new Coaches

Lal will get the passing game going. Its not either or for Buffalo.

Run to pass my friend. Long term plan. Watch teams focus on our run game and then how Bills O responds.

He was protecting a 1st year starter by limiting turnovers and playing to team strengths

It will be interesting to see if the offense evolves into more well rounded this upcoming year.

I get you. Very basic last season. Even the run game was. First year with new Coaches

Lal will get the passing game going. Its not either or for Buffalo.

Run to pass my friend. Long term plan. Watch teams focus on our run game and then how Bills O responds.

But only being able to do it that one way, run to pass, limits the offense's upside. They can't become a truly elite offense, capable of carrying a mediocre defense to a championship, because of this limitation. A running team is always reliant on great defense and ball control, and Rex and Roman are together in part because they share that limited vision of an offense.

If we gave Mike McCarthy or Josh McDaniel or Bruce Arians Tyrod, Watkins, Clay and Woods would we still be forced to run-to-pass every single week regardless of opponent?

It means we're trying to grind out close wins every game when maybe we could simply dominate some teams (we do have a WR that no corner on earth can cover). It also means that if the defense fails, there's no recourse, we can't keep up and we lose. Why are we happy to limit ourselves like that?

I'm not 'anti running the ball' in the least, the ability to help a QB and to wear a defense down is incredibly valuable. But this offense could be better with a more versatile playbook and more aggressive mentality. Considering our personnel I don't think it unfair to ask for a balanced, versatile attack.

Maybe Roman has just been waiting his entire career to unleash his new take on the run n shoot? I won't hold my breath but there's always hope.

He was protecting a 1st year starter by limiting turnovers and playing to team strengths

It will be interesting to see if the offense evolves into more well rounded this upcoming year.

Very interesting. I hope you're right but somehow I don't see Rex and Roman as the evolutionary type.

But only being able to do it that one way, run to pass, limits the offense's upside. They can't become a truly elite offense, capable of carrying a mediocre defense to a championship, because of this limitation. A running team is always reliant on great defense and ball control, and Rex and Roman are together in part because they share that limited vision of an offense.

If we gave Mike McCarthy or Josh McDaniel or Bruce Arians Tyrod, Watkins, Clay and Woods would we still be forced to run-to-pass every single week regardless of opponent?

It means we're trying to grind out close wins every game when maybe we could simply dominate some teams (we do have a WR that no corner on earth can cover). It also means that if the defense fails, there's no recourse, we can't keep up and we lose. Why are we happy to limit ourselves like that?

I'm not 'anti running the ball' in the least, the ability to help a QB and to wear a defense down is incredibly valuable. But this offense could be better with a more versatile playbook and more aggressive mentality. Considering our personnel I don't think it unfair to ask for a balanced, versatile attack.

Maybe Roman has just been waiting his entire career to unleash his new take on the run n shoot? I won't hold my breath but there's always hope.

Very interesting. I hope you're right but somehow I don't see Rex and Roman as the evolutionary type.

Rex is not running the offense

As far as Roman.....I think he overall resume is pretty darn impressive......several playoff runs as the OC for the niners.

Aaron,

I truly think Tyrod needs to develop much more and add to his arsenal.

We know about the hurry up. (lack of) some of his vision issues. His holding the ball. and for me trusting his WRs. he must improve those.

But i do not feel he needs to be elite. He doesn't need to become a prolific passer either.

But we do agree for sure, he will need to finish a game, win a game. take over a game on occasion , with his arm.

i think he will do that. Albeit with more errors and maybe some comp% dropping.

But i have to stick with my guns and the run game. I think the time is now to turn the tide. It wears defenses down when you can dictate the play and Bills did do just that.

Build off of that run game from last year, get some guys who can catch healthier ( Clay McCoy Watkins Woods ) and it will come together as a complete game

Rex is not running the offense

As far as Roman.....I think he overall resume is pretty darn impressive......several playoff runs as the OC for the niners.

Do you not allow even a possibility that Rex and Roman share a run-first philosophy? One is the most accomplished run game coordinator in football, the other is the coach who made 'ground and pound' famous. When talking on the macro level about the overall philosophy of the offense, I think it's disingenuous to completely separate Rex from Roman. By all appearances they are 100% on the same page.

Roman's resume by the numbers:

2011: 26th in yards, 11th in points

2012: 11th in yards, 11th in points

2013: 24th in yards, 11th in points

2014: 20th in yards, 25th in points

Of course the most important statistic is WINS and SF enjoyed plenty of those, but his resume does nothing to dispel the notion that he's reliant on great defense and that there are better, more balanced offensive coaches out there. He's no Nate Hackett though to be sure.

Aaron,

I truly think Tyrod needs to develop much more and add to his arsenal.

We know about the hurry up. (lack of) some of his vision issues. His holding the ball. and for me trusting his WRs. he must improve those.

But i do not feel he needs to be elite. He doesn't need to become a prolific passer either.

But we do agree for sure, he will need to finish a game, win a game. take over a game on occasion , with his arm.

i think he will do that. Albeit with more errors and maybe some comp% dropping.

But i have to stick with my guns and the run game. I think the time is now to turn the tide. It wears defenses down when you can dictate the play and Bills did do just that.

Build off of that run game from last year, get some guys who can catch healthier ( Clay McCoy Watkins Woods ) and it will come together as a complete game

Though it would be a shame to pass on elite QB play if that opportunity were in front of us, no?

His shortcomings you speak of, I don't see how Roman can be completely separated from that either.

Aaron Rodgers came out of one of the simplest passing games imaginable in college and went into a cocoon in Green Bay's 'quarterback university'. After 4 years a future-Hall-of-Fame butterfly emerged, capable of spreading the field and dominating week in and week out.

If Aaron Rodgers were playing for the Bills he wouldn't know how to spread the field and dominate a game, he'd know how to act as an accessory to a great run game.

Do you not allow even a possibility that Rex and Roman share a run-first philosophy? One is the most accomplished run game coordinator in football, the other is the coach who made 'ground and pound' famous. When talking on the macro level about the overall philosophy of the offense, I think it's disingenuous to completely separate Rex from Roman. By all appearances they are 100% on the same page.

Of course the most important statistic is WINS and SF enjoyed plenty of those, but his resume does nothing to dispel the notion that he's reliant on great defense and that there are better, more balanced offensive coaches out there. He's no Nate Hackett though to be sure.

And the problem of this being?

Im sorry to be so simplistic on this but

YES......Roman and Rex share the same philosophy

YES......If you have the D this O does work......it has been shown time and time again

NO.....it does not mean that we cant pass the ball.....but we do have talent at those areas

And....of course always it will come down to the talent we have at QB making the proper decisions.....you either think Tyrod either has that or will grow into that.....or you dont.

Though it would be a shame to pass on elite QB play if that opportunity were in front of us, no?

His shortcomings you speak of, I don't see how Roman can be completely separated from that either.

Aaron Rodgers came out of one of the simplest passing games imaginable in college and went into a cocoon in Green Bay's 'quarterback university'. After 4 years a future-Hall-of-Fame butterfly emerged, capable of spreading the field and dominating week in and week out.

If Aaron Rodgers were playing for the Bills he wouldn't know how to spread the field and dominate a game, he'd know how to act as an accessory to a great run game.

I can imagine Rex and Roman are on the same page about Offensive philosophy. good point Aaron.

When i spoke of G-Ro i dont think he will 180. He is very good at what he does and Rex is going to let him do just that. Lets hope that Tyrod can step his game up enough and add enough to keep #defenseshonest

YES......If you have the D this O does work......it has been shown time and time again

NO.....it does not mean that we cant pass the ball.....but we do have talent at those areas

And....of course always it will come down to the talent we have at QB making the proper decisions.....you either think Tyrod either has that or will grow into that.....or you dont.

I do think Tyrod has that but don't expect to see his full potential under this coaching staff. They don't allow him to push, and expand, his boundaries.

John , leave some room for just hoping. It is not black and white for folks like me. I really am not sure.

I can imagine Rex and Roman are on the same page about Offensive philosophy. good point Aaron.

When i spoke of G-Ro i dont think he will 180. He is very good at what he does and Rex is going to let him do just that. Lets hope that Tyrod can step his game up enough and add enough to keep #defenseshonest

I hope it works man. I just want to win! As we all do. It just seems like the offense is more limited with these coaches than is necessary with these players. But the future doesn't exist, we will see what unfolds.

Great advice I saw you give to someone the other day, E, about meditation. That Gautama was on to something. Powerful stuff right there.

Interesting take. I know nothing off Aaron Rodgers really, much less his college play.

and yes TT and Roman are attached at the hip when defining last year. Who limited whom ?

I want a butterfly as much as you do.

But i love the run game

I hope it works man. I just want to win! As we all do. It just seems like the offense is more limited with these coaches than is necessary with these players. But the future doesn't exist, we will see what unfolds.

Great advice I saw you give to someone the other day, E, about meditation. That Gautama was on to something. Powerful stuff right there.

I see potential aplenty.

nice state of mind