10 Reasons Why Tyrod will have a great year

Lotta Kool Aid in that article. Some good points too.

1. Good work ethic - it's good he has it, but it's In the "necessary, but not sufficient" category.

2. Leads by example - that means he's not a vocal leader, but perhaps that changes as he earns his stripes.

3. Growth last season - agreed and he has to continue to grow.

4. Chemistry w/Watkins - sure some was built last season, but Sammy is going to have a short offseason to build more

5. Impressive in OTAs - good, it'd be a big problem if he wasn't. Still, it's a good sign.

6. Summer with the starters - it's good that he's "the guy" from day 1; that's very helpful In building cohesion with his squad. Sammy won't be ther tho.

7. Percy Harvin's replacement - no, he hasn't been found; the WR corps is very shallow after Watkins.

8. Deep ball helps with short throws - dunno about how that. It should've helped last season. He's got to find the short throws for it to help and that's a big area for needed growth.

9. OL returns - great news that Incognito, Wood and Glenn return, but not so much the right side.

10. Roman - yup, he's a good coach.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought TT was getting better in the pocket as the season went on.....

As for short routes....what I really want to see is him not taking off and running for that short yardage and utiliing his receivers BUT showing threat of that to confuse defenses.

It was like a commentator said during a game last year.......the defense against TT can do everything perfectly......cover up every target....not mix up any communication.....then TT would simply just jet off for a first down.

I think he should still do that.....but ONLY if all targets are covered

He's going to get hurt. He's not built like Cam Newton. He needs to run 4 or 5 times a game, max, if he's going to last in the league.

If everyone is covered, then extend the play and if necessary throw it away. Don't run it and get hit every time you can't find an open receiver. Save your runs for the key downs.

Edited by vincec

Your first hint that it wasn't as big of a deal as it was being made out should have been that REX WAS THE FIRST ONE TO ANNOUNCE IT. :oops:

I suppose it . But we both recall when he turned and fell in the end zone. I was flipping out. But in hindsight, that groin likely limited his abliity to get open get any yac all LAST season.

In regard to Tyrod. It will likely be he is passing more if his trust with his receivers improves. His best stat will be wins. Not yards not Comp% just wins.

I think he cannot help but improve in that area.

Go Bills !

movinggoalpost.gif

Trolling right along...

I do not know why but the moving goalpost always cracks me up !

Thanks D R

I suppose it . But we both recall when he turned and fell in the end zone. I was flipping out. But in hindsight, that groin likely limited his abliity to get open get any yac all LAST season.

The question is do you think that is what held him back from being the #1A quality receiver he was supposed to be or have the expectations for him just been lowered?

In the end......noboby is worrying about this guy leaving in free agency......and that says everything there is to be said about the quality of a high second round draft selection.

I expect defenses to funnel throws to him this year and he needs to make the plays he hasn't in his first 3 seasons.

IDK, but for TT to be better he needs to improve on 63% comp, 3000+ yards, 20 TDs to only 5 ints and a 99 QB rating.

I see that as a very difficult thing to do because those numbers are pretty good, yet they only transferred into a 7-6 record for him also.

I mean what are we talking numbers wise that TT needs? 70%, 4000 yards, 30 TDs 8 ints 110 QBR, I can't see that happening, sorry I wish it could but I just don't see it from him.

Other teams in the league dont need those numbers to win. Why does TT?

The question is do you think that is what held him back from being the #1A quality receiver he was supposed to be or have the expectations for him just been lowered?

In the end......noboby is worrying about this guy leaving in free agency......and that says everything there is to be said about the quality of a high second round draft selection.

I expect defenses to funnel throws to him this year and he needs to make the plays he hasn't in his first 3 seasons.

Nope, not the injury.

and yes some people do have concerns about him leaving.

I have to discard where a players was drafted to some degree.

I do agree on one thing with you.

He has not produced as well as hoped.

Sammy and him getting all these reps leaves no excuses on the table.

Now if he comes out and kills it this year, will you say it is because it is a a contract year , or will you perhaps admit I have two valid points?

Marrone used him poorly and he was severely hampered by injury under Ryan.

Because we have the #19 defense.

LOLd

except bad d is not a rex ryan norm.....so i think improvement is expected

It's not John Haurbaugh's norm to be 24th in points on D. Improvement expected. It's not Bill Belichick's norm to be 22nd in takeaways. Improvement expected. It's not Jeff Fisher's norm to be 23rd in yards allowed. Improvement expected. It's not Chip Kelly's norm to be 12th in offensive yards or 13th in points. Improvement expected. Etc etc etc etc.

You can say this about every team. It will not always be true.

Also, a RR defense hasn't been better than 15th in points allowed since 2010. Which is slightly better than average. Using the NYJ model, our defense will get slightly worse next season, then fall off a cliff.

Edited by FireChan

Which one is the Kool aid? They all look like legitimate reasons.

"When a pickpocket walks down the street, all he sees are pockets."

When a KoolAid drinking fan writes an article, all he sees are reasons to be optimistic.

There's nothing wrong with the list per se, but obviously it doesn't cover any of the reasons why Tyrod might not have a great year. A more balanced article would cover both and then weigh the pros against the cons.

But I really hope TT overcomes any & all obstacles and does have a great year.

"When a pickpocket walks down the street, all he sees are pockets."

When a KoolAid drinking fan writes an article, all he sees are reasons to be optimistic.

There's nothing wrong with the list per se, but obviously it doesn't cover any of the reasons why Tyrod might not have a great year. A more balanced article would cover both and then weigh the pros against the cons.

But I really hope TT overcomes any & all obstacles and does have a great year.

I think it is fair we review that here ?

a list of ten. Not to bash, just to balance the table. perhaps ?

It's not John Haurbaugh's norm to be 24th in points on D. Improvement expected. It's not Bill Belichick's norm to be 22nd in takeaways. Improvement expected. It's not Jeff Fisher's norm to be 23rd in yards allowed. Improvement expected. It's not Chip Kelly's norm to be 12th in offensive yards or 13th in points. Improvement expected. Etc etc etc etc.

You can say this about every team. It will not always be true.

Also, a RR defense hasn't been better than 15th in points allowed since 2010. Which is slightly better than average. Using the NYJ model, our defense will get slightly worse next season, then fall off a cliff.

Your ability to nit pick stats so that you can get hit with a falling pig from the sky astounds me.

Just in time for training camp?

Your ability to nit pick stats so that you can get hit with a falling pig from the sky astounds me.

Just in time for training camp?

It's not nit-picking. I am hopeful that every Buffalo Bills player will step on that field in September and be the best player there ever was or ever will be. But you'd be hardpressed to find me suggesting I have any reason to believe that besides fandom.