10 Reasons Why Tyrod will have a great year

His hands were shaky last year.......not in terms of drops but he had some bobbles that cost him yardage.......a big deal for an offense that was struggling to string together first downs.

Of course he couldn't run after the catch at all.......he just took a step and fell on his face most of the time.

That was later blamed on a groin injury so I am expecting a huge jump in RAC yards this season. :flirt:

With a star WR opposite him drawing a lot of extra attention and in his walk year he should have a career year so we will find out what he is capable of.

But to now........he's been a big disappointment for one drafted early in round 2, coming in with a ton of pro-style offense experience and considered a first round prospect by many.

I felt alot of his "not meeting expectations" was during the Marroon era.

I was throwing stuff actually last year in regard to he and Hogan and the lack of finishing plays. Till i found out of the injuries. and hen i felt awful for cursing them.

I am fine blaming Hackett for Robert's development.

and last year was a wash for injury.

I agree with you just this once, he has much to prove. But i also feel he does have the skillset and determination to succeed

ps Sammy had some crazy bobbles too. These guys need to get tight with Tyrod and vice versa

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His hands were shaky last year.......not in terms of drops but he had some bobbles that cost him yardage.......a big deal for an offense that was struggling to string together first downs.

Of course he couldn't run after the catch at all.......he just took a step and fell on his face most of the time.

That was later blamed on a groin injury so I am expecting a huge jump in RAC yards this season. :flirt:

With a star WR opposite him drawing a lot of extra attention and in his walk year he should have a career year so we will find out what he is capable of.

But to now........he's been a big disappointment for one drafted early in round 2, coming in with a ton of pro-style offense experience and considered a first round prospect by many.

I have to agree. While there are some on here to love Woods and talk about how great he is, he has yet to shown it consistently. If Rex Ryan & Co felt Woods was a #2 WR, then they wouldn't have signed Harvin last year.

A #2 WR should be able to get between 800-1000 yards receiving and between 8-10 TD's. Woods hasn't been able to do that so far as he's been inconsistent with his route running and pass catching. Look at the Jets with Fitzpatrick last season, their #2 WR, Eric Decker was a great compliment to Brandon Marshall and had over 1,000 yards receiving, and we all know how inconsistent Fitzpatrick is.

I would love to see Woods have a career year and be resigned. IMO, the Bills have not had a legitimate #1 & #2 combo at WR since Moulds & Price's last year on the team when they both had over 1,200 yards receiving each. I think if Watkins can stay healthy, he could put up 1,500+ yards a season. Now it's getting a legitimate #2 WR to compliment him, hopefully it's Woods, if not, the Bills will have to draft a WR in the early rounds next season or pay for one in FA.

I was throwing stuff actually last year in regard to he and Hogan and the lack of finishing plays. Till i found out of the injuries. and hen i felt awful for cursing them.

I agree with you just this once, he has much to prove. But i also feel he does have the skillset and determination to succeed

ps Sammy had some crazy bobbles too. These guys need to get tight with Tyrod and vice versa

What? A coaching staff's incompetence can impact a receiver's numbers? Next you're going to tell me that who's throwing him the ball is an important factor too. If you're really off your meds you'll try to convince me that playing WR on a torn groin impacts a player's ability to run routes, run after the catch, sustain blocks and change direction...

But what do details matter when you're operating entirely on confirmation bias?

As far as the injuries go.......don't feel bad........it's a production business.

And there is a difference between Sammy bobbling a pass and only getting 20 yards instead of 30 and Woods bobbling a short pass against KC and instead of an easy first down conversion the team had to punt.

I don't like either and yeah Sammy has room for improvement.......but in the end it's about production and he produces and Bob has not.

Yeah, and he faked a torn groin in a massive conspiracy to cover up for his poor performance. What a monster.

Seriously, who among us hasn't called in to work with a torn groin, I'll see you in a month story?

As far as the injuries go.......don't feel bad........it's a production business.

And there is a difference between Sammy bobbling a pass and only getting 20 yards instead of 30 and Woods bobbling a short pass against KC and instead of an easy first down conversion the team had to punt.

I don't like either and yeah Sammy has room for improvement.......but in the end it's about production and he produces and Bob has not.

You seriously don't like Sammy Watkins? For real? Edited by 4merper4mer

You seriously don't like Sammy Watkins? For real?

No I don't like seeing highly invested-in WR's bobbling well thrown passes.

Sammy is great..........he was my favorite player in that draft class and I still think in the long run he will be better than OBJ....the way Marvin Harrison and even Moulds ended up better than Terry Glenn despite an unbelievable beginning to TG's career............but Sammy has plenty of room for improvement. Guy has HOF talent.

Sammy is great..........he was my favorite player in that draft class and I still think in the long run he will be better than OBJ....the way Marvin Harrison and even Moulds ended up better than Terry Glenn despite an unbelievable beginning to TG's career............but Sammy has plenty of room for improvement. Guy has HOF talent.

I agree, the guy has HOF talent. It would be nice to see the pieces come together for a full season...a decent QB who can get him the ball, coupled with a (relatively) injury-free season. Those can happen, and if they do, I think he becomes the superstar that he can be.

What? A coaching staff's incompetence can impact a receiver's numbers? Next you're going to tell me that who's throwing him the ball is an important factor too. If you're really off your meds you'll try to convince me that playing WR on a torn groin impacts a player's ability to run routes, run after the catch, sustain blocks and change direction...

But what do details matter when you're operating entirely on confirmation bias?

Do you need to remind me of my senility taking a firm hold upon my person.

wait thats the definition of senility isn't it?

I guess thanks is in order. and i actually am beginning to lose what little i had to work with.

details details

Agreed on Sammy

I want to see what Robert looks like this year given the stories of groin last year.......but if he produces are you going to say its because he is in a contract year or give him his credit?

have any problems blaming play calling over the last 3 years?

Cuz i don't.

i hated marrone. and still do.

Move Pears inside and have Woods block all game long. idiot stick

Yeah, and he faked a torn groin in a massive conspiracy to cover up for his poor performance. What a monster.

I basically played virtually every sport season with a groin injury of some sort growing up........first one was my first real injury at age 8 playing hockey.

I had a couple tear situations in HS and they were extremely painful initially and it takes longer to warm up and get loose but once you accept that you will have shooting pains in some change of direction instances you can play fast thru it.

Not anywhere near as limiting as hamstring pulls or knee or ankle sprains......which many players overcome.

It's not that I don't believe him but the Woods example is kind of like the "he played with a broken leg" thing you hear occasionally when someone plays with a painful but tiny fracture.

It's not like he's playing goalie like Dom Hasek when he played with a groin tear(and was still all world).

Bottom line.......he didn't produce.........that was the excuse.......we should be able to expect a crazy improvement in RAC yards. :thumbsup:

I basically played virtually every sport season with a groin injury of some sort growing up.

:lol::lol:

I stopped reading there because if there's no clearer sign that you're an ass, it's this. You played with a groin injury, thus Woods is making his up.

What a joke. Tell another.

Thats a bit harsh.

Life much like the NFL is far from perfection.

I am absolutely incredible, and yet i have dropped the ball once or twice.

As a critical fan it is too easy too critique. But seems harder for some to say. better luck next time and move along.

Thats a bit harsh.

Life much like the NFL is far from perfection.

I am absolutely incredible, and yet i have dropped the ball once or twice.

As a critical fan it is too easy too critique. But seems harder for some to say. better luck next time and move along.

Come on. BADOL played sports with groin injuries before. He, above everyone else knows when an NFL athlete is really hurt. Of course he would have impossibly high standards with that CV.

I basically played virtually every sport season with a groin injury of some sort growing up........first one was my first real injury at age 8 playing hockey.

I had a couple tear situations in HS and they were extremely painful initially and it takes longer to warm up and get loose but once you accept that you will have shooting pains in some change of direction instances you can play fast thru it.

Not anywhere near as limiting as hamstring pulls or knee or ankle sprains......which many players overcome.

It's not that I don't believe him but the Woods example is kind of like the "he played with a broken leg" thing you hear occasionally when someone plays with a painful but tiny fracture.

It's not like he's playing goalie like Dom Hasek when he played with a groin tear(and was still all world).

Bottom line.......he didn't produce.........that was the excuse.......we should be able to expect a crazy improvement in RAC yards. :thumbsup:

see this is where you expose yourself. Thats cool you are open and honest. But you are comparing your expectations and performance to yourself. we each have these value systems.

He never made an excuse. Rex was the first one to announce it. and that is just another reason why i respect him.

The whole "business" thang is waisted upon me. I am a human being and care little for corporate values

Come on. BADOL played sports with groin injuries before. He, above everyone else knows when an NFL athlete is really hurt. Of course he would have impossibly high standards with that CV.

My many times dislocated RT shoulder is messing with me again after about 15 years of being fine. and it is messing with my daily function now.

I rubbed some dirt on my arthritic spine and got back in there!

s++t happens.

No panty waist is Robert

have any problems blaming play calling over the last 3 years?

Cuz i don't.

i hated marrone. and still do.

Move Pears inside and have Woods block all game long. idiot stick

I don't think Woods was greatly under-utilized........he simply didn't make great plays when given the opportunity and that impacted what he was asked to do.

Do you recall the argument that Spiller was being wasted running up the middle all the time............and yet in a much better and more talented offense with a clearly better QB situation, LeSean McCoy put up almost EXACTLY the same numbers last season as Spiller in 2013.

I agree that Marrone wasn't the greatest utilizer of talent.........x's and o's weren't his strong suit.......but his negatives are overstated a bit.

:lol::lol:

I stopped reading there because if there's no clearer sign that you're an ass, it's this. You played with a groin injury, thus Woods is making his up.

What a joke. Tell another.

You are so angry lately,

I suggest some yoga and a light meditations.

You know what they say...

When you are too busy too meditate

it is just the right time to do just that

:beer:

I don't think Woods was greatly under-utilized........he simply didn't make great plays when given the opportunity and that impacted what he was asked to do.

Do you recall the argument that Spiller was being wasted running up the middle all the time............and yet in a much better and more talented offense with a clearly better QB situation, LeSean McCoy put up almost EXACTLY the same numbers last season as Spiller in 2013.

I agree that Marrone wasn't the greatest utilizer of talent.........x's and o's weren't his strong suit.......but his negatives are overstated a bit.

Spiller is another story altogether. and a waste of our time BADOL.

and i do not wish to skip down the Marrone path.

And under utilized is not the word i was seeking there. Perhaps incorrectly utilized would be better said.

My bad on that Bud.