Goodwin fails to make Olypmic team

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now he gets to return and fail to make this team.

Rough, but seriously, even coming in now he's a long shot. His training was for the Olympics, and there is only this year left on his deal. If he and Listenbee are even close to even, you have to go with the younger guy you have the rights for 3 years down the road.

Good news is after he gets cut by the Bills he will have 4 years to train and try again for 2020. I hate players like Glass because they look good in 7 on 7 and running around without pads so coaches give them a chance but as soon as the pads come on they are toast. Being 160 pounds might be good for jumping but it's bad if you are in the NFL. Hes a crook that has openly admitted that the NFL is funding his Olympic training rather than giving his all for a team that paid him millions of dollars. Before you think I'm being too harsh go educate yourself. On draft day he said track was done and he was concentrating 100% on football. Then we come to find out he has been training for track all along, continues to get hurt because he has not bulked up for the abuse of the NFL, says that he would choose track over football if it paid enough, was planning on giving up football had he made the Olympics, and now he comes crawling back because he didn't. There are literally thousands of guys that would die for a shot at the NFL and hundreds that are probably a lot more deserving than him that would do whatever it takes to make a team. Glass wants to be a track star so do him a favor and send him packing

Rough, but seriously, even coming in now he's a long shot. His training was for the Olympics, and there is only this year left on his deal. If he and Listenbee are even close to even, you have to go with the younger guy you have the rights for 3 years down the road.

Exactly!

I feel bad for the guy. He has the longest jump in the world this year. He may have been competing with a bad hamstring.

If the Olympics were like the Masters, he would have qualified by winning a track meet earlier in the year.

So, you're saying he's injured?

i don't think his chances are good to make the Bills this year, but someone will sign him after he's cut. If he commits to training for football, I think he will bounce around the league as a fringe player because he's fast and has no off-field baggage. He may never put up big numbers, but if you look at some of the WRs on NFL rosters you know he can collect an NFL paycheck for a long time as a depth guy as long as he doesn't suffer an injury that he actually can't recover from. Speed is speed and as long as he has it, at least one team will pay him to suit up. Edited by YoloinOhio

I feel bad for the guy. He has the longest jump in the world this year. He may have been competing with a bad hamstring.

If the Olympics were like the Masters, he would have qualified by winning a track meet earlier in the year.

Injured...what's new?

Don't worry about Goodwin. The Pats will sign him and he'll be their new Randy Moss.

Yeah, and the only 2 games he will be healthy will both be against us, haha

i don't think his chances are good to make the Bills this year, but someone will sign him after he's cut. If he commits to training for football, I think he will bounce around the league as a fringe player because he's fast and has no off-field baggage. He may never put up big numbers, but if you look at some of the WRs on NFL rosters you know he can collect an NFL paycheck for a long time as a depth guy as long as he doesn't suffer an injury that he actually can't recover from. Speed is speed and as long as he has it, at least one team will pay him to suit up.

Dunno, man. There's a lot of fast guys who can't play football out there. If Goodwin gets chopped at final cutdowns he may not get another chance with another team. Roster spots are precious then.

So, you're saying he's injured?

Tweaked his hamstring before the finals. He will not be in football shape when camp starts, and now will be nursing a hamstring. Very unlikely he makes the team. Time to move on.