Topic of the day for Thursday 6/16--who is your dream coach?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harbaugh from Baltimore is someone who could do well in our environment.

I would have to think more an would want to choose oc and DC morw

Theo Epstein for GM and Bruce Arians for head coach.

arians is overrated

My dream coach for the short term would be the Anti-Rex Ryan in Tom Coughlin who is a strict disciplinarian rather than a players coach. He is also a known super bowl winning HC that desperately wants another chance to show the world he can still get it done. Plus, he is familiar with building top defensive 4-3 units that have been able to stymie Tom Brady! Keep Greg Roman as OC who would fit perfectly in what Coughlin wants to do with an offense and let Tom hire the DC of his choice.

Hiring a top 4-3 coach would be my thought before this team devotes itself entirely to a zone blitz defense scheme that it still doesn't have the players on the roster to run it. That, and the two gap 3-4 that Rex and his brother Rob run is a dinosaur.

If Jim Harbaugh wants out of Michigan and back into the NFL, he did have a .695% winning percentage in the NFL. Bruce Arians has a .708 winning percentage. Tom Coughlin .531%. Rex Ryan .482%

Harbaugh from Baltimore is someone who could do well in our environment.

I would have to think more an would want to choose oc and DC morw

arians is overrated

You're so wrong on Arians. Palmer was in his way out of the NFL before he got to Arizona.

I always like Tomlin but I think I would rather have an innovative offensive mind because you can find good DCs. Of current coaches, I'd go with Arians. I'm also a big Jim Harbaugh fan but he's not leaving Michigan to come here.

Of guys who haven't been NFL head coaches, I'd go with David Shaw of Stanford. And of all time coaches, I'd go with Joe Gibbs. It's insane how underrated he is. He didn't ride one qb to all his success. 3 SB wins with 3 different (and very average QBs). That's so impressive.

Great topic.

Nick Saban. The man would win.

You're letting your Alabama homer show. :) college is millions of miles from the NFL. A lot harder to win when you don't get the #1 recruiting class every year.

I've often wondered what a guy like Bobby Knight would have done if he had applied his coaching acumen to football. I would say the same thing about Phil Jackson at the pro level. Of course if you have to keep it football, I'm taking Knute Rockne. 122 games coached and he won 105. That's pretty ridiculous.

I've often wondered what a guy like Bobby Knight would have done if he had applied his coaching acumen to football. I would say the same thing about Phil Jackson at the pro level. Of course if you have to keep it football, I'm taking Knute Rockne. 122 games coached and he won 105. That's pretty ridiculous.

Bobby Knight would probably get the Latrell Sprewell treatment in the NFL. It's a lot easier to bully guys who are on scholarship.