Topic of the day for Tuesday 6/14--Logo

26, Charging.

I think a lot of people like the standing simply because it's original. Buffalo has always been an old school city, proud of our past. Which is why after a decade and a half of experimenting, the Sabres just went back to the classic emblem.

I think anybody given the two options, not knowing what either one was, would pick the charging buffalo.o

Also, wearing Bills gear outside of Buffalo, nobody knows what the standing buffalo logo is without "Buffalo Bills" printed on it.

Punk-azz whippersnappers. All of 'em! <_<0:)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26, Charging.

I think a lot of people like the standing simply because it's original. Buffalo has always been an old school city, proud of our past. Which is why after a decade and a half of experimenting, the Sabres just went back to the classic emblem.

I think anybody given the two options, not knowing what either one was, would pick the charging buffalo.o

Also, wearing Bills gear outside of Buffalo, nobody knows what the standing buffalo logo is without "Buffalo Bills" printed on it.

TRBJ... you have to admit the squid the Sabres tried needed to go!

The standing Buffalo - too cool to be fazed by anything. But then, I have a soft spot for all the old AFL logos. I so wish the Titans had allowed Houston to keep the Oilers name and logos when they left for Tennessee. The Oilers logo was cool and I think the expansion franchise would have used Oilers if allowed. I like the old Pats logo far more than the crap they have now. The Broncos might be the one exception, but then the Broncos experimented with vertical stripes on their socks, so they were kinda goofy anyhow.

Charging is a tasteless 70's design...it looks like some sort of bitchin' flame decal on a '72 Camaro. Standing is classy, dignified- the 60's throwbacks should be the regular uniform/helmet combo.

Hey, at least it doesn't look like a banana slug.

lingering. Standing. Grazing. Staring you down before the fight. That's what Buffaloes do. Right before they eff you up.

Nothing against the charging.

But the Standing is such a link with the history. Would the packers change the standing "G?" Would the bears or cowboys?

Edited by maddenboy

Charging is a tasteless 70's design...it looks like some sort of bitchin' flame decal on a '72 Camaro. Standing is classy, dignified- the 60's throwbacks should be the regular uniform/helmet combo.

I don't really hate the charging logo, but this evaluation is the best in the bunch.