NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 I didn't get the ticket but watched it on my desktop ( which, while not optimal is like methadone, it can transition you into it)

They one five of their first six and on week 7 I got a call from Directv offering me the rest of the season for$150.

They Only one two more after that.

If by some magic the Great Doucheholio and his brother Worthless DC manage to get it together, maybe I buy back in but IDon't See It Happening.

This isn't throwing in the towel.... It's called wisdom gained from watching this team since Chuck Knox was coach.

When this board is full of all the hand wringing in six months .... THEN I'll be trolling your asses 😈

You started a discussion about NFL Ticket and for only the third time in 19 years I am not getting it.

I don't feel this is trolling just offering an opinion.

I begged off when Jerkron was the coach in his last season and same with Gailey.

I'm pretty sure I still love them, but am wise enough to not piss $200+ down the tubes and ruin a bunch of Sundays when I truly don't see them winning even 8 games.

This is what you do on opinion boards.... You offer opinions

I'm sure the OP can chime in, but if you think he started this thread to encourage negative nancies like yourself to come in and pee on the cornflakes I think you're mistaken.

It seems to me he was opening a discussion about negotiation tactics and letting us know the pricing change.

But whatever, dude. You're a huge fan.

With all of the garbage infomercial channels that DTV force feeds you, you would think that their service would cost next to nothing.

Our DTV contract will be expiring soon. We won't be back.

Yup...DTV and NFL has priced me out of watching the Bills. I can not justify the cost on my fixed income ( retiree in Fl )

I'm sure the OP can chime in, but if you think he started this thread to encourage negative nancies like yourself to come in and pee on the cornflakes I think you're mistaken.

It seems to me he was opening a discussion about negotiation tactics and letting us know the pricing change.

But whatever, dude. You're a huge fan.

Thanks eball, yes exactly. This time every year I start to get excited about the upcoming season. The hard part of the offseason is over.....It's all down hill from here. The schedule is out, we have our new draft picks, and I'm planning the annual trip to Buffalo to watch a game at the Ralph.

What comes with all of that is the annual phone call to Directv. No matter how the phone call goes, I'll get the ticket. I can't miss a game. Every year, posters here provide their tactics and the deals they have received. Because of the AT&T merger with Directv, I thought it was prudent to bring the topic up (approaches may need to change this year - Directv may or may not be more apt to negotiate a deal).

It was also to point out, although slightly, that prices have increased. This tends to happen yearly, until the bubble bursts. Meaning, they essentially hit a reset button and reduce the overall pricing to attract a wider customer base.

I think, over time, the ticket will continue to evolve (other platforms, packages, etc.). We are where are, and I'm looking forward to hearing the deals many will receive.

I have Kodi and can watch anything at anytime. All you need is internet.

Can you explain a bit more how Kodi works? I have an OTA antenna for local channels and Netflix. The only thing keeping me with DirecTV is sports. The free stream sites I've used are rife with pop- ups and slow video.

Does Kodi eliminate that?

Thanks for any info.

I don't have DTV, nor have I ever had Sunday Ticket.

I don't need them, since I watch the Bills every week at our Bills Backers bar. For Free!

And I'm with JR in Pittsburgh. I can't not watch the Bills, no matter how much they suck.

I love football and I love my Bills. I only get to see them a couple of months out of the year.

Free? Do you not eat/drink while watching the game?

I know I do! That's one reason I have the Ticket. The family would join me for 3 hours plus and sip and graze the whole day. Made ST seem cheap.

Last year I made the call and, because I had DTV (for Bills games) and AT&T (daily TV, Internet, phone, etc.), they started giving me stuff! They added channels, reduced my cost and I got my mobile login info so my son can watch in another city (the only reason I called). I felt like I'd won the lottery!

I will watch regardless of the product. Maybe that's stupid of me, but I don't care. I'm watching. The first 2 years I was married the Bills had back-to-back 2-14 seasons. My wife asked "why do you do this to yourself?" She learned it's just one of those things. She would put the kids in a stroller, the dogs on their leashes and go for a 3 hour walk. Kind neighbors would look for her wandering the streets on Sunday's and take her in.

I love to watch football so I would get the ticket no matter what, even if I wasn't a Bills fan. Otherwise I am stuck with Browns, Bengals and the NFC game of the week (usually Cowboys). No thanks - I'll pay! I love being able to watch any game I want. The app is great too - can watch the games from anywhere.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2008 I didn't get the ticket but watched it on my desktop ( which, while not optimal is like methadone, it can transition you into it)

They one five of their first six and on week 7 I got a call from Directv offering me the rest of the season for$150.

If by some magic the Great Doucheholio and his brother Worthless DC manage to get it together, maybe I buy back in but IDon't See It Happening.

This isn't throwing in the towel.... It's called wisdom gained from watching this team since Chuck Knox was coach.

When this board is full of all the hand wringing in six months .... THEN I'll be trolling your asses

"Troll" being the key word here

When this board is full of all the hand wringing in six months .... THEN I'll be trolling your asses

won...not one