2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports if the Browns fail to land UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky in the first round, Cal QB Davis Webb will be the target at No. 33 overall.

On Tuesday, Pauline reported Webb is drawing a ton of interest from teams at the top of Round 2. He's expected to be one of the first five quarterbacks off the board, and there was some chatter earlier this month that Webb has a chance to go in the first round. If the Browns are unable to move up from No. 12 overall to get to Trubisky, they could be in position to go with Clemson's Deshaun Watson, but it's unclear who Cleveland prefers as their Plan B behind Trubisky.
Apr 26 - 11:48 AM

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And split Howard out as well, or just go 2 TEs and smash the ball

I love the offense configurations we can have. Plus Clay's back seems to be a bit suspect and when his contract is up in 2 seasons he won't be back...

An easy argument against Howard is that the Bills don't pass the ball enough, perhaps a better sticking point is that with the 10th pick they can potentially take the best WR in the draft. Whether that is Davis, Williams, or Ross is up to them to decide. WR feels like a much safer pick than a TE that high and would have more impact from day 1.

Any pass catcher at 10 is not my preference, not with this offense and not with TT as QB.

Edited by Commonsense

An easy argument against Howard is that the Bills don't pass the ball enough, perhaps a better sticking point is that with the 10th pick they can potentially take the best WR in the draft. Whether that is Davis, Williams, or Ross is up to them to decide. WR feels like a much safer pick than a TE that high and would have more impact from day 1.

Any pass catcher at 10 is not my preference, not with this offense and not with TT as QB.

A big TE who can pass block and create mismatches is any QBs friend; although you do have a point about TT. Just remember TT is stop-gap/bridge QB. A great TE is a young QBs best friend (well it should be at least)

A big TE who can pass block and create mismatches is any QBs friend; although you do have a point about TT. Just remember TT is stop-gap/bridge QB. A great TE is a young QBs best friend (well it should be at least)

to me it is clear that the Bills are not sold on TT long term and that the new offense values TEs. Since this draft pick will not be just for this season, it would be wise to take him if he's that high on the board.

The offense and QB would lessen his impact. The questions about his toughness and want to, are alarming. A TE is going to be getting smashed by a bunch of rabid dogs for the duration of his career, you have to love contact. Is this kid Eric Ebron with Hands? Julius Thomas? Kelce Maybe? Are you happy with a player like that at 10?

The great TE's love contact. Gates/Tony G./ Gronk

Steve WycheVerified account @wyche89 12m12 minutes ago

Source: 49ers interested in Trubisky. Is No. 2 too rich? Maybe but they want a franchise QB. Also going through potential trade scenarios.

5 replies 26 retweets 18 likes

Michael SilverVerified account @MikeSilver 58s59 seconds ago

I can now update my report: The Browns have spoken with at least 5 teams with picks in the top 8 about possibility of moving up from 12

Steve Wyche‏Verified account @wyche89 12m12 minutes ago

Source: 49ers interested in Trubisky. Is No. 2 too rich? Maybe but they want a franchise QB. Also going through potential trade scenarios.

5 replies 26 retweets 18 likes

Michael Silver‏Verified account @MikeSilver 58s59 seconds ago

I can now update my report: The Browns have spoken with at least 5 teams with picks in the top 8 about possibility of moving up from 12

Well they can't talk to themselves, so that leaves 2 teams, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there's been conversations with them as well.

Incarcerated Bob fwiw (I know I know)

@incarceratedbob

**DRAFT UPDATE**

Buffalo Bills getting calls to trade back .. If they stay at #10 names on radar OJ Howard/Mike Williams/Lattimore

So basically there's supposed interest in Thomas / Howard / Lattimore / Davis / Ross / Mike Williams.

Thomas is almost guaranteed to be gone. Howard and Lattimore might be on the board but leaning towards likely gone. Which leaves the 3 WRs, assuming they have them all pretty closely evaluated and all 3 are still there at 10 they should move back into the 15-18 range and take who ever is left.

Last one before tomorrow's festivities. Composite Board, took what was given to me because I like being disappointed by the real thing...

10: R1P10
WR COREY DAVIS
WESTERN MICHIGAN
44: R2P12
LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM
VANDERBILT
75: R3P11
CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
CLEMSON
156: R5P12
S TEDRIC THOMPSON
COLORADO
163: R5P19
OT CONOR MCDERMOTT
UCLA
171: R5P27
RB ELIJAH MCGUIRE
UL LAFAYETTE
195: R6P11
QB C.J. BEATHARD
IOWA

Last one before tomorrow's festivities. Composite Board, took what was given to me because I like being disappointed by the real thing...

10: R1P10

WR COREY DAVIS

WESTERN MICHIGAN

44: R2P12

LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM

VANDERBILT

75: R3P11

CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY

CLEMSON

156: R5P12

S TEDRIC THOMPSON

COLORADO

163: R5P19

OT CONOR MCDERMOTT

UCLA

171: R5P27

RB ELIJAH MCGUIRE

UL LAFAYETTE

195: R6P11

QB C.J. BEATHARD

IOWA

That would be a GREAT draft IMO. I don't love McGuire but think the rest of the draft is solid.

The Pats have Tom Brady and an offensive line that can pass block without having to ask one of their tight ends to help the right tackle. The Bills do not have either of those luxuries.

I am sorry but the Pats line was worse than ours in 2016. To try and claim the line was the problem is total ignorance. We can all stick our fingers in our ears.

That would be a GREAT draft IMO. I don't love McGuire but think the rest of the draft is solid.

RB slot had McGuire, Joe Williams, and Matt Dayes available. I opted for the lower miles.

QB slot my choice was Jerod Evans, CJ Beathard, or Chad Kelly.

Feel free to adjust those to meet your fantasy :lol:

RB slot had McGuire, Joe Williams, and Matt Dayes available. I opted for the lower miles.

QB slot my choice was Jerod Evans, CJ Beathard, or Chad Kelly.

Feel free to adjust those to meet your fantasy :lol:

Change the QB to someone like Michael Roberts, the Toledo TE. Pointless drafting garbage for the sake of it :)

I am sorry but the Pats line was worse than ours in 2016. To try and claim the line was the problem is total ignorance. We can all stick our fingers in our ears.

According to PFF, they were 10th and Buffalo 11th. Close in any event, and the Bills were upper half.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/

D&C's Maiorana: Here's what Buffalo Bills should do in first three rounds

Sal Maiorana , @salmaiorana Published 2:29 p.m. ET April 26, 2017 | Updated 2 hours ago
Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

D&C's Maiorana: Here's what Buffalo Bills should do in first three rounds

Sal Maiorana , @salmaiorana Published 2:29 p.m. ET April 26, 2017 | Updated 2 hours ago

The thing I love about Sal is that he's so positive about all of our moves and developments with the team.

@salsports

Bills targeting 2-3 players but know none may be there when they select, so have had solid "just in case" talks with teams below 10.......

..those deals would also be contingent on those other teams' target being there, of course. But wheels are in motion if that's the case..2/

...If 1 of those Bills targets gets past 5-6, they are willing to move up a few spots, but only if cost is right. 3/...

I don't know the 2-3 players but educated guess based on discussions I've had leads me to Adams/Hooker being 2 of them.. 4/4

Get Whaley out of there, trade up !? no thanks, can get good players latter

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.