2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts here that I've seen expressed by some here on TSW:

@RQUINN619

S/WR huge needs for #Bills but possibility Reuben Foster could be best fit&BPA if ZBrown leaves. Depth in draft at S/WR, WLB crucial

Mmhhhmmm. Still my #1. 🙏🏻

I understand the need for more defensive players on the team.

Yet I really believe that we should try to address the defense more so in free agency if that's possible.

I think we should go offense in the draft. I think we should take a serious look at OT with our first pick. Jordan Mills is a liability.

I know using a top pick on a RT may not be seen as shrewd, but we need help there.

Also, I know I am in the minority in this, but we should also go for a Tight End in the 2nd round. The Tight End class this year has great talent, and we can use a 2nd TE in our offensive attack. I like Charles Clay, and I think Nick O'Leary has good potential, but he's not quite there yet. Frankly, I'm not interested in converting Logan Thomas from QB to TE. Let's draft a REAL TE, someone who is already established at that position. Jake Butt, Even Engram, or Jeremy Sprinkle would be great additions. I know Butt's injury may drop his draft rating, but he's a natural and I think he would be an instant impact.

we can sign free agents to fill the D, why can't we sign a free agent RT? The only thing (that I can envision) that I don't want to see happen is take an OL at 10. Trade down and draft one, in fine with that. Fillling a need and accumulating picks. But if we stay at 10, I'll be furious is we don't take BPA. I don't see any OL in this draft being that Edited by NewEra

It sounds like people are drooling over Lamp at the moment. If he has a big week he's possible imo.

Yeah sounds like it. I haven't scouted him so I have no opinion at the moment. I just love foster, Adams, hooker, m Williams and c Davis. Not to mention Zach Cunningham.

Thank !@#$ that's over. 3 hours I'm never getting back :D

Just about to say the same. That was one terrible ball game. The lowest quality East-West Shrine game of recent years.

From the East there were only two players who stood out to me at all:

DeAngelo Brown the nose tackle from Louisville got some pretty good push all day inside and Nate Hariston the corner from Temple plays with a lot of hustle on every play, uses his body well and can play press coverage - he is right on that 7th rounder / UDFA boundary by most projections and did his case to be drafted late no harm.

From the West:

Mayock and Jerimiah were raving about Fabian Moreau the corner out of UCLA. I actually made a note of him from the USC game at the end of the season where I thought he was outstanding, and whilst he looks like someone who might be a bit of a leader on defense and certainly didn't play poorly today I didn't think he jumped off the page either. They were talking about 2nd round grades on him but that's a little too rich for me. I liked Paul Magloire the linebacker out of Arizona. He flew around the football made some plays and plays with decent speed. At the moment though he would be purely a weak side outside linebacker in a 3-4 I think. He might need to bulk up to get drafted otherwise he is a UDFA who at best gets stashed on a practice squad. The one who might be most interesting from a Bills perspective is Michael Roberts a big 6'4 tight end out of Toledo. I'd not seen him before, but he had a couple of nice catches, moves well and cuts nicely for a big man. Good receiver and whilst he would need work as a blocker he is less of a project in that area than a lot of the guys that have come out in recent years. The Bills have a need at tight end but probably won't be addressing it until late. No idea where Roberts is projected to go but he might be an interesting 4th or 5th round pick.

And that folks..... is your lot. It was slim pickings.

by Rob Rang The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

Expect at least five underclassmen quarterbacks to be selected before a senior in the 2017 draft.

by Rob Rang The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

The 103 early entrants into the draft marks the second-highest total ever.

Cooper Kupp fans, unite!

Now I have your attention, what if I said that I thought Kupp could just be a plus athlete version of Jarvis Landry? I know, good luck selling that one to the fanbase and RIP my Twitter mentions.

I like Kupp but we have a rule in the U.S. that you are violating. You can't compare a white WR to a black WR or a black QB to a white QB. It's kind of an unwritten rule but you have to compare Kupp to Wes Welker and just say that he reminds you of him. :) Edited by Kirby Jackson

I was watching Marlin Humphrey (CB/S - Bama) this morning and was wondering about the boards thoughts on him?

High IQ zone defender with some good man skills, but his "eyes on" read, react and diagnosis skills are among the best in the class IMO along with D. King. His ability to read multiple routes and the QB at the same time is rare (USC tape), I think he'd be a great fit in McDermotts D with his field vision, ability and physicality in run support. I think 10 is too high, but he's a great trade down target. I do think he's a potential safety conversion guy down the road, but has the skills to play corner now and for the foreseeable future. I see Quentin Jammer with better cover skills.

Thoughts?

I like Kupp but we have a rule in the U.S. that you are violating. You can't compare a white WR to a black WR or a black QB to a white QB. It's kind of an unwritten rule but you have to compare Kupp to Wes Welker and just say that he reminds you of him. :)

How about this one? NE cutting Danny Amendola saves $6.5m on the 2017 cap. How about Kupp as his replacement? Better? :D

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.