2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst

Is it too early for a 2017 mock draft? Of course. But this list is more of a watch list and early introduction to 32 prospects who have already attracted NFL attention, including a number of running backs and pass rushers.

@si_nfl

2017 NFL Mock Draft: @ChrisBurke_SI introduces you to next year’s top prospects http://on.si.com/1rOixSA

Ched3f2VEAAwzlH.jpg

@walterfootball

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills are picking 16 that means they didn't make the playoffs and it also means Taylor failed miserably. So I'll go ahead and say if that actually happens they will have a need at QB. If Chad Kelly is there they will take him in a New York Minute.

If the Bills are picking 16 that means they didn't make the playoffs and it also means Taylor failed miserably. So I'll go ahead and say if that actually happens they will have a need at QB. If Chad Kelly is there they will take him in a New York Minute.

agreed. in fact I think we will do whatever it takes to get him regardless of where we finish, given that he repeats last years solid performance with out Treadwell

This is stupid. Does anyone have last April's mock draft for 2016? How close was that prediction?

I bet 75% of these 1st rounders picked for 2106... weren't even on the mock draft after the draft last spring.

Let alone team needs.... Who thought Mario would be gone? Or that Tyrod would be the starter going into this year?

Then there is the whole injury thing and Juniors coming out..... Hell, I can believe I just wasted my time typing this. :bag::bag: :bag:

Edited by Iraq Vet

This is stupid. Does anyone have last April's mock draft for 2016? How close was that prediction?

I bet 75% of these 1st rounders picked for 2106... weren't even on the mock draft after the draft last spring.

Let alone team needs.... Who thought Mario would be gone? Or that Tyrod would be the starter going into this year?

Then there is the whole injury thing and Juniors coming out..... Hell, I can believe I just wasted my time typing this. :bag::bag: :bag:

it would be really tough to mock up a 2106 draft class. Just saying

agreed. in fact I think we will do whatever it takes to get him regardless of where we finish, given that he repeats last years solid performance with out Treadwell

unless Taylor lights it up if imagine we would. Except I think next years time he'll be rated to go higher than the mid teens. He'll be a top 5-10 pick

He has Mitch Leidner going 25th. :lol:

If you're not familiar with Minnesota, he's kinda terrible.

:rolleyes:

Yes, everyone knows these mocks aren't going to be accurate. It's just for random content and fun. Please get over yourselves.

They help to identify some of the better prospects and who might be some of the players to watch in the next CFB season. No one expects any accuracy at this stage. But some will bellyache nonetheless. Let them.

@sn_nfl

Ready to predict the 2017 draft already? Be ready to be wrong http://dlvr.it/LDvX6r

ChtvZb4UoAETiek.jpg
Is it really too early for all the too-early 2017 NFL mock drafts?

Not really, believe it or not. But it’s a great time to remember how much can happen in one year in college football, in the life and career of a young player, and examine the belief that things don’t change nearly as much as they really do.

Kareem Hunt could honestly be outside the top 10 backs taken next year. That's crazy depth.

Potential to be one of the deepest RB classes in history. Who said the run game was dead?

Gee, that is a very impressive group of RB's.

I noticed how many were Juniors, so the question is, how many of them will declare.

Is Nick Chubb going to be the same after that horrifying injury last year?

@si_nfl

2017 NFL Mock Draft: @ChrisBurke_SI introduces you to next year’s top prospects http://on.si.com/1rOixSA

Ched3f2VEAAwzlH.jpg

@walterfootball

They expect us to be worse if we are at 13 and if we draft a RB besides Christian McCaffrey, who could be the next Marshall Faulk, Whaley deserves to be fired.

If Kelly improves he will be in the first round regardless of checkered past, but I'm leery of spread QBs including Watson.

Not familiar with Kaaya but being in a pro offense he's worth checking out along with other pro style teams like Michigan, Michigan St., Stanford and the rest.

It's just a mock for entertainment only, relax man

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: 2017 mock drafts (seriously) have the #Bills leaning toward offense: https://t.co/ZrAOJqmiM1

only makes sense after this draft

Gee, that is a very impressive group of RB's.

I noticed how many were Juniors, so the question is, how many of them will declare.

Is Nick Chubb going to be the same after that horrifying injury last year?

probably a lot considering their careers are generally shorter and don't want to waste it in college.

those scouting reports don't give me a lot of confidence in next yrs QB Class.

I watched Watson play 6 or 7 times last year and the guy is impressive. He reminds me of a smaller version of Cam. Not quite as tall and about 40lbs lighter right now, but the same talent level like Cam in college. The guy can run AND throw the football. Kaaya? Ehhhhhhh, idk. The guy hasn't really done anything to be in the discussion if you ask me, but what do I know. Kelly I don't trust because of his immaturity issues, but we'll see how he does this year. Another guy I think people may be sleeping on is Baker Mayfield. He had a couple of tough games last year, but if he shows improvement this season coming off of a solid year last then he could be in the 1st Round equation. After that I think you have a bunch of developmental guys.

Chris Shanafelt's top 2017-eligible small school prospects - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fcor3F9ITQgdur0hn8j28rFSxbeUqHflrEYt3MDFo7s/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Names that jump off the page - Cooper Kupp (EWU WR) and Connor Harris (Lindenwood LB). Harris has racked up 336 tackles in his past 2 seasons (22 games).

Harris has also played a bit of RB, returned a few punts (at 243 pounds) and been the backup punter.

Edited by Blokestradamus

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.