2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually SF likes Fournette:

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 5m5 minutes ago

If your looking for who SF really wants, look no further than a certain Big RB from Bayou country

Welp. I believe it. Seems like a waste of a pick although they probably feel they're getting AP in his prime and they can build around a strong rushing attack.

Well my offer of a 5th for Hyde stands.

I would LOVE that. He is such an underrated back.

Welp. I believe it. Seems like a waste of a pick although they probably feel they're getting AP in his prime and they can build around a strong rushing attack.

I would LOVE that. He is such an underrated back.

Gives them a way to grow a QB as well...

Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 15s15 seconds ago

Jax is looking to take a QB at 4, don't know what high one

My guess is Watson if this is true. They took the project QB in Bortles and it didn't work. They aren't going to do that again with Trubisky.

I'm not sure I am buying this one though. They know Cleveland wants to get ahead of the Jets and most believe that the Titans are that spot. The Jags (imo) are trying to entice the Browns to call them (or ahead of them so that someone like Thomas slides).

I'll stick with my wild card prediction of Howard.

I'd think the 49ers hold onto Hyde and pairing him with Fournette gives them a souped up version of what Shanahan had in Atlanta with Freeman & Coleman.

he is a FA next year so they may want to get something for him. New coaching staffs tend to value picks and cap space over players from previous regimes. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'd think the 49ers hold onto Hyde and pairing him with Fournette gives them a souped up version of what Shanahan had in Atlanta with Freeman & Coleman.

I don't know. You aren't taking an RB at 2 to be a part of a rotation. This holds especially true when their strengths are similar. Hyde is also going into the last year of his deal. I can see them trying to add Pumphrey or someone later as a scat back. Hyde won't have a place there IMO.

I don't think that's true. I am pissed Whaley mis-managed the MG situation but I'd certainly forgive him if he landed Hyde for a 5th.

It was sarcasm (sort of). It would be a great move and makes some sense for both sides. The Bills like Hyde.

I don't think that's true. I am pissed Whaley mis-managed the MG situation but I'd certainly forgive him if he landed Hyde for a 5th.

I don't know that it was mismanaged though. For a different perspective than yours:

Whaley brought in a street free agent, got some production, then turned it into a 5th round pick. So Whaley got basically a free 5th for signing Gilly off the trash heap.

80% of the people will hate it because Whaley did it.

At least lol. I would love that though and I think it would be a huge coup.

They paid Mike Gillislee more than Adrian Peterson.

I thought that was crazy too. Peterson seems like the type of player they love to bring in and see what's left in the tank. But because they passed on Peterson and if we got Hyde for that same 5th, the naysayers will say they outsmarted everyone.

They paid Mike Gillislee more than Adrian Peterson.

Gillislee fits their offense better than Peterson. Gillislee can be used on swing passes and down the field while Peterson has never been much of a receiver. And I say this without the intention of mocking him but I'm not sure that Peterson is smart enough to grasp their multi-phased offense while Gillislee has demonstrated more versatility as a player. I'm not saying he is better than Peterson but I am saying he is better suited for New England.

Gillislee fits their offense better than Peterson. Gillislee can be used on swing passes and down the field while Peterson has never been much of a receiver. And I say this without the intention of mocking him but I'm not sure that Peterson is smart enough to grasp their multi-phased offense while Gillislee has demonstrated more versatility as a player. I'm not saying he is better than Peterson but I am saying he is better suited for New England.

They have White and Dion Lewis to do those things (and both do them better than MG). He was brought in to be "the runner." They messed this one up and are taking some heat on Twitter for it. Again, they won the Super Bowl but in no world is this a good decision. They gave more money AND a 5th round pick up for Mike Gillislee to be a primary ball carrier instead of AP. That cannot be justified.

They have White and Dion Lewis to do those things (and both do them better than MG). He was brought in to be "the runner." They messed this one up and are taking some heat on Twitter for it. Again, they won the Super Bowl but in no world is this a good decision. They gave more money AND a 5th round pick up for Mike Gillislee to be a primary ball carrier instead of AP. That cannot be justified.

Dion Lewis probably doesn't make that roster - and he intrigues me...

This is my final Big Board for the top 51 players in the 2017 draft according to me, including my grades.

P51

2017 Draft

Big Board 3.2

TOP 5 (Grade any draft – Immediate elite level starter – all-pro rookie caliber)(99-95)

1 – Myles Garrett (43RDE – Texas A & M)(MedRF – Ankle)

2 – Jamal Adams (SS/FS – LSU)

3 – Malik Hooker (FS – OSU)(MedRF – Labrum/hip & Hernia – Med Clearance)

4 – Solomon Thomas (43LDE/43DT-Sub – Stanford)

5 – Leonard Fournette (RB – LSU)(MedRF - Ankle)

6 – Marshon Lattimore (I-M/Z CB – OSU)(MedRF – Hamstrings – Med Clearance)

7 – Reuben Foster (34/43 ILB/43W OLB/ILB – Alabama)(Med/RFs – RotCuff & Concussion – Med Clearance – Drug?)

TOP 10 (Grade any draft – Immediate impact starter – long term all pro ability)(90-94)

8 – Jonathan Allen (43DT/34DE – Alabama)(MedRF – Shoulder Arthritis/Med Clearance)

9 – Corey Davis (WR – W. Michigan)(MedRF – Ankle & Shoulder)

10 – O.J. Howard (TE – Alabama)

11 – Budda Baker (FS/CB/Sub – Washington)

12 – Forrest Lamp (G/T – W. Kentucky)

TOP 20 (Grade any draft – Immediate starter – all pro/pro bowl potential)(85-89)

13 – Hasson Reddick (43/34 WOLB/DPR – Temple)

14 – Christian McCaffrey (RB/WR/Ret – Stanford)

15 – Derek Barnett (43DE/34OLB – Tennessee)

16 – John Ross (WR – Washington)(MedRF – Knee2ACL – Med Clearance)

17 – Mike Williams (WR – Clemson)(MedRF – Neck – Med Clearance)

18 – T.J. Watt (34OLB/43W OLB – Wisconsin)

19 – Dalvin Cook (RB – FSU)(RF – Off Field, MedRF – Shoulder)

20 – Gareon Conley (PM/OM/Z CB – O.S.U.)

21 – Marlon Humphrey (Z/PM CB/S – Alabama)

22 – Ryan Ramczyk (LT – Wisconsin)(MedRF – Labrum/Hip – Med Clearance)

23 – David Njoku (RTE – The “U”)

1st Round (80-84)

24 – Takkarist McKinley (34OLB/43DE/DPR – UCLA)(MedRF – Shoulder – Med Clearance)

25 – Jarrod Davis (43/34 ILB – Florida)

26 – Charles Harris (43RRDE/34OLB/DPR)

27 – Garett Bolles (LT – Utah)(RF – Age/History)

28 – Charles Harris (43RRDE/34OLB/DPR)

29 – Evan Engram (RTE – Ole Miss)

30 – Chris Goodwin (WR – Penn. St.)

2nd Round (70-79)

31 – Cam Robinson (RT/G/LT – Alabama)(RF – Off Field)

32 – Tre’Davious White (PM/OM/Ret CB – L.S.U.)

33 – Tyus Bowser (34OLB/43W OLB/43DE/DPR – Houston)

34 – Mitch Trubisky (QB – U.N.C.)

35 – Marcus Williams (FS – Utah)

36 – Zay Jones (WR – E. Carolina)

37 – Quincy Wilson (Z/PM CB/S – Florida)

38 – Patrick Mahomes (QB – Texas Tech)

39 – Deshaun Watson (QB – Clemson)

40 – Curtis Samuel (WR/RB/Gadget – O.S.U.)

41 – Obi Melifonwu (S – U. Conn.)

42 – Adam Shaheen (TE – Ashland)

43 – Zach Cunningham (43W OLB/34W ILB – Vanderbilt)

44 – Chidobe Awuzie (OM/Z CB/Sub – Colorado)

45 – Cordrea Tankersley (PM/OM CB – Clemson)

46 – Adoree’ Jackson (Z/OM CB/Ret – USC)

47 – Josh Jones (SS/FS – N.C. St.)

48 – Rasul Douglas (Z/PM CB – W.V.U.)

49 – Jabrill Peppers (SS/RB/Ret – Michigan)(RF – Drug?)

50 – Dion Dawkins (G – Temple)

51 – Malik McDowell (43DT/DE/34 5DE – Michigan St.)(RF – Heart4FB?)

I don't think that BB is concerned with what the Twitter crowd is thinking. The thing about BB and the Pats is that they are constantly changing their approach. As someone else mentioned Lewis might be odd man out with the team still capable of adding a more muscular inside runner. The way New England manages its backs and distributes the workload they don't need a workhorse type back.

I'm not suggesting your view is not valid because it certainly is. But with BB and the Pats they very often think outside of the box and without question what they do works.

When you observe the Pats it's obvious that they are much more conceptual than Buffalo is when building a roster. So far this offseason it seems that they are adding more offensive weapons with the addition of Cook, Gillislee and the TE, Allen.

Edited by JohnC

I don't think that BB is concerned with what the Twitter crowd is thinking. The thing about BB and the Pats is that they are constantly changing their approach. As someone else mentioned Lewis might be odd man out with the team still capable of adding a more muscular inside runner. The way New England manages its backs and distributes the workload they don't need a workhorse type back.

I'm not suggesting your view is not valid because it certainly is. But with BB and the Pats they very often think outside of the box and without question what they do works.

When you observe the Pats it's obvious that they are much more conceptual than Buffalo is when building a roster. So far this offseason it seems that they are adding more offensive weapons with the addition of Cook, Gillislee and the TE, Allen.

I was referring to analysts not just Twitter trolls. This is the frustrating thing about the Patriots. This is the wrong decision and it really can't be argued otherwise. If the Buffalo Bills gave up a 5th round pick AND $4M to Mike GIllislee instead of $3.5M to Adrian Peterson they would be CRUCIFIED (as would 31 NFL teams). Now we are saying that they think outside the box?!? They made a poor personnel decision and it should be judged as such. Each decision is judged on its own merit. They made some great moves along the way and should be applauded for them. This is Scott Chandler all over however. He was going to be a Pro Bowl TE because he put on the magical Patriots uniform? No, he was a bad football player before he went there and a bad football player when he got there. Gillislee is a nice player. In no world though is he worth more than Peterson (let alone a world where they have to use a draft pick too). They aren't outsmarting people here. They made a mistake. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I was referring to analysts not just Twitter trolls. This is the frustrating thing about the Patriots. This is the wrong decision and it really can't be argued otherwise. If the Buffalo Bills gave up a 5th round pick AND $4M to Mike GIllislee instead of $3.5M to Adrian Peterson they would be CRUCIFIED (as would 31 NFL teams). Now we are saying that they think outside the box?!? They made a poor personnel decision and it should be judged as such. Each decision is judged on its own merit. They made some great moves along the way and should be applauded for them. This is Scott Chandler all over however. He was going to be a Pro Bowl TE because he put on the magical Patriots uniform? No, he was a bad football player before he went there and a bad football player when he got there. Gillislee is a nice player. In no world though is he worth more than Peterson (let a lone a world where they have to use a draft pick too). They aren't outsmarting people here. They made a mistake.

this is the same team that traded a 5th rd pick in a loaded draft for one season of Kiki Mingo, now with the Colts. They make poor decisions. This is another. They don't value their draft assets, which is contrary to what every other team thinks is the correct approach. Yes, they continue to win. Eventually it will catch up to them if and when Brady declines or retires.

I was referring to analysts not just Twitter trolls. This is the frustrating thing about the Patriots. This is the wrong decision and it really can't be argued otherwise. If the Buffalo Bills gave up a 5th round pick AND $4M to Mike GIllislee instead of $3.5M to Adrian Peterson they would be CRUCIFIED (as would 31 NFL teams). Now we are saying that they think outside the box?!? They made a poor personnel decision and it should be judged as such. Each decision is judged on its own merit. They made some great moves along the way and should be applauded for them. This is Scott Chandler all over however. He was going to be a Pro Bowl TE because he put on the magical Patriots uniform? No, he was a bad football player before he went there and a bad football player when he got there. Gillislee is a nice player. In no world though is he worth more than Peterson (let a lone a world where they have to use a draft pick too). They aren't outsmarting people here. They made a mistake.

Then I am in the minority but when I see MG run, he reminds me of Fred Jackson - no joke. His balance and vision are very familiar to me. And considering that Shady is probably in the final year of his tenure here, and the cap number for MG in 2018 is cheap under the deal NE signed him to, it seemed to me to be a no-brainer to match that deal. And I don't even have to factor in the fact that Whaley will squander that 5th on a backup safety who will be off the roster in a year.

Then I am in the minority but when I see MG run, he reminds me of Fred Jackson - no joke. His balance and vision are very familiar to me. And considering that Shady is probably in the final year of his tenure here, and the cap number for MG in 2018 is cheap under the deal NE signed him to, it seemed to me to be a no-brainer to match that deal. And I don't even have to factor in the fact that Whaley will squander that 5th on a backup safety who will be off the roster in a year.

To be clear I don't disagree that we should have matched. I am saying that the Patriots could have just added Adrian Peterson to fill the Blount role (no pun intended but worked perfectly), paid him less money and kept the 5th rounder. I think Gillislee is a good player but he isn't Peterson.

There is no organization that is going to have every transaction work out well. However, you are concluding that the Gillis deal is not going to work out before it has gone into effect. As far as what the Twitter analysts are saying it is irrelevant to what the Patriots are thinking on this particular signing. They ignore the noise and make their own judgments.

The Chandler deal was a marginal deal for the Pats. It was a no impact deal. They certainly didn't acquire him for an exorbitant price. It was a bargain basement deal with little consequence. Your point that there was an expectation for him to play at a pro bowl level is outlandish. Who was making that type of ridiculous claim? No one I know who was sober.

You are right that each football player decision should be judged on its own merit. That's true. But in the real world of the NFL what is even more meaningful is not the individual transaction but the overall body of work. The bottom line is the resulting record. You may have already come to a judgment on this acquisition but I'm going to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt based on their history.

The Mike Gillislee deal is a win for the Patriots. He is more valuable than a 5th round pick to a Superbowl contender.

Bills are nowhere close so I'm fine not paying and getting the pick as a rebuild move.

Question is are Bills rebuilding or do they think they are a playoff team?

This is my final Big Board for the top 51 players in the 2017 draft according to me, including my grades.

P51

2017 Draft

Big Board 3.2

TOP 5 (Grade any draft – Immediate elite level starter – all-pro rookie caliber)(99-95)

1 – Myles Garrett (43RDE – Texas A & M)(MedRF – Ankle)

2 – Jamal Adams (SS/FS – LSU)

3 – Malik Hooker (FS – OSU)(MedRF – Labrum/hip & Hernia – Med Clearance)

4 – Solomon Thomas (43LDE/43DT-Sub – Stanford)

5 – Leonard Fournette (RB – LSU)(MedRF - Ankle)

6 – Marshon Lattimore (I-M/Z CB – OSU)(MedRF – Hamstrings – Med Clearance)

7 – Reuben Foster (34/43 ILB/43W OLB/ILB – Alabama)(Med/RFs – RotCuff & Concussion – Med Clearance – Drug?)

TOP 10 (Grade any draft – Immediate impact starter – long term all pro ability)(90-94)

8 – Jonathan Allen (43DT/34DE – Alabama)(MedRF – Shoulder Arthritis/Med Clearance)

9 – Corey Davis (WR – W. Michigan)(MedRF – Ankle & Shoulder)

10 – O.J. Howard (TE – Alabama)

11 – Budda Baker (FS/CB/Sub – Washington)

12 – Forrest Lamp (G/T – W. Kentucky)

TOP 20 (Grade any draft – Immediate starter – all pro/pro bowl potential)(85-89)

13 – Hasson Reddick (43/34 WOLB/DPR – Temple)

14 – Christian McCaffrey (RB/WR/Ret – Stanford)

15 – Derek Barnett (43DE/34OLB – Tennessee)

16 – John Ross (WR – Washington)(MedRF – Knee2ACL – Med Clearance)

17 – Mike Williams (WR – Clemson)(MedRF – Neck – Med Clearance)

18 – T.J. Watt (34OLB/43W OLB – Wisconsin)

19 – Dalvin Cook (RB – FSU)(RF – Off Field, MedRF – Shoulder)

20 – Gareon Conley (PM/OM/Z CB – O.S.U.)

21 – Marlon Humphrey (Z/PM CB/S – Alabama)

22 – Ryan Ramczyk (LT – Wisconsin)(MedRF – Labrum/Hip – Med Clearance)

23 – David Njoku (RTE – The “U”)

1st Round (80-84)

24 – Takkarist McKinley (34OLB/43DE/DPR – UCLA)(MedRF – Shoulder – Med Clearance)

25 – Jarrod Davis (43/34 ILB – Florida)

26 – Charles Harris (43RRDE/34OLB/DPR)

27 – Garett Bolles (LT – Utah)(RF – Age/History)

28 – Charles Harris (43RRDE/34OLB/DPR)

29 – Evan Engram (RTE – Ole Miss)

30 – Chris Goodwin (WR – Penn. St.)

2nd Round (70-79)

31 – Cam Robinson (RT/G/LT – Alabama)(RF – Off Field)

32 – Tre’Davious White (PM/OM/Ret CB – L.S.U.)

33 – Tyus Bowser (34OLB/43W OLB/43DE/DPR – Houston)

34 – Mitch Trubisky (QB – U.N.C.)

35 – Marcus Williams (FS – Utah)

36 – Zay Jones (WR – E. Carolina)

37 – Quincy Wilson (Z/PM CB/S – Florida)

38 – Patrick Mahomes (QB – Texas Tech)

39 – Deshaun Watson (QB – Clemson)

40 – Curtis Samuel (WR/RB/Gadget – O.S.U.)

41 – Obi Melifonwu (S – U. Conn.)

42 – Adam Shaheen (TE – Ashland)

43 – Zach Cunningham (43W OLB/34W ILB – Vanderbilt)

44 – Chidobe Awuzie (OM/Z CB/Sub – Colorado)

45 – Cordrea Tankersley (PM/OM CB – Clemson)

46 – Adoree’ Jackson (Z/OM CB/Ret – USC)

47 – Josh Jones (SS/FS – N.C. St.)

48 – Rasul Douglas (Z/PM CB – W.V.U.)

49 – Jabrill Peppers (SS/RB/Ret – Michigan)(RF – Drug?)

50 – Dion Dawkins (G – Temple)

51 – Malik McDowell (43DT/DE/34 5DE – Michigan St.)(RF – Heart4FB?)

Good stuff man!

To be clear I don't disagree that we should have matched. I am saying that the Patriots could have just added Adrian Peterson to fill the Blount role (no pun intended but worked perfectly), paid him less money and kept the 5th rounder. I think Gillislee is a good player but he isn't Peterson.

I think the intention was for the Bills to match. I don't think the Pats* thought that Buffalo would let him go. I think they kind of got caught holding the bag here.

There is no organization that is going to have every transaction work out well. However, you are concluding that the Gillis deal is not going to work out before it has gone into effect. As far as what the Twitter analysts are saying it is irrelevant to what the Patriots are thinking on this particular signing. They ignore the noise and make their own judgments.

The Chandler deal was a marginal deal for the Pats. It was a no impact deal. They certainly didn't acquire him for an exorbitant price. It was a bargain basement deal with little consequence. Your point that there was an expectation for him to play at a pro bowl level is outlandish. Who was making that type of ridiculous claim? No one I know who was sober.

You are right that each football player decision should be judged on its own merit. That's true. But in the real world of the NFL what is even more meaningful is not the individual transaction but the overall body of work. The bottom line is the resulting record. You may have already come to a judgment on this acquisition but I'm going to give the Patriots the benefit of the doubt based on their history.

As to the bolded you are doing the same. You think it was a great deal because the Pats did it.

It MIGHT work out for them but in no world is TD Mike worth as much as Peterson let alone the draft compensation. If the Bills signed another teams backup rb for 4 million this place would melt down. If they did that and had to give up a 5th this place would melt down. If they did all that and AP signed for less money the next day I would be here with popcorn.

I know it's off topic a little bit (I'm done talking about Gillislee) but Fanspeak OTC must be sick today...either that or Jeffismagic has hacked into the site.

YOUR TEAM
BUFFALO BILLS
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P10
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD
2: R2P12
QB PATRICK MAHOMES II
TEXAS TECH
3: R3P11
CB TEEZ TABOR
FLORIDA
4: R5P12
WR MACK HOLLINS
NORTH CAROLINA
5: R5P19
S RAYSHAWN JENKINS
MIAMI (FLA.)
6: R5P27
TE JEREMY SPRINKLE
ARKANSAS
7: R6P11
OT DAN SKIPPER
ARKANSAS

I never once said that the deal wouldn't work out for the Patriots. In fact, I think he will do well there. My point is, that they had a better, less expensive option.

If you are asking about the Chandler deal feel free to go through this board at that time. There were LOTS of people that expected that. He caught a TD in his first game too. You'd have thought that Gronk was cloned.

The last part is kind of my point. They make tons of terrible decisions (Yolo just mentioned another). They are masked by the machine that they have created and Brady. Bad decisions don't damage them in ways that they do other teams but that doesn't make them good decisions. At some point (post Brady) those decisions will catch up.

The Mike Gillislee deal is a win for the Patriots. He is more valuable than a 5th round pick to a Superbowl contender.

Bills are nowhere close so I'm fine not paying and getting the pick as a rebuild move.

Question is are Bills rebuilding or do they think they are a playoff team?

You keep asking this question so I will give you an answer.

Does it have to be a rebuild where everything is completely torn down? Maybe the Bills think they can be competitive and hope to have some bounces go their way while they continue to build a team where they compete consistently. Could it be that they are building? From 7-9 and 17-15 over the 2 previous years maybe they want to build on that instead of completely tearing it down. I know you think they are way away from being a playoff team, but in a league where Miami made the playoffs last year and were swept by the Bills the previous year, they might not be...

An inside source has provided me a leak of Magic Jeff's draft board. Here it is in its entirety-

1. Mahomes

That would still be a better draft than what we will likely get from the Bills.

Last year 3 picks on a 2 down inside linebacker and an injured DE, injured WR, a backup college QB, and a DT with maturity issues.

I think the intention was for the Bills to match. I don't think the Pats* thought that Buffalo would let him go. I think they kind of got caught holding the bag here.

As to the bolded you are doing the same. You think it was a great deal because the Pats did it.

It MIGHT work out for them but in no world is TD Mike worth as much as Peterson let alone the draft compensation. If the Bills signed another teams backup rb for 4 million this place would melt down. If they did that and had to give up a 5th this place would melt down. If they did all that and AP signed for less money the next day I would be here with popcorn.

You are missing the point. What's right for the Pats isn't necessarily right for the Bills. The Pats are willing to spend more money than other teams for this player because they are a good cap position to do so. A team that is a SB contending team without a doubt has a different calculation when analyzing a possible deal.

You are making the assumption that Peterson was a better fit than Gillis was for the Pats. I say this with no intention of belittling your judgment but I would take BB's judgment over yours.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.