RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

That's true. If you line up Jones, Manuel and Taylor I'd be hard pressed to tell one from the other.

If you line up the ones they draft on the other hand.

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago

Good point by Whaley on Cardale Jones: "He doesn't have any muscle memory already ingrained in him that's bad. So we have a piece of clay."

What???

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the backup plan to Tyrod Taylor is Cardale Jones.

LMAO.

Your position is clear. If you have anything to add to the conversation please feel free. If you're going to continue to LYAO and offer nothing of substance I recommend you don't.

Bills take a flyer on the most physically gifted qb in the draft who won and played exceptionally well on the biggest stage that college football has to offer with THE LAST PICK IN THE 4TH ROUND!!! and you got the same people bi+chin' that are always bi+chin'

Too Funny! :lol:

Keep it up Whaley!! You da man!

Meaning that you don't have to "love" this pick because it makes sense on paper, if you think Cardale has terrible habits and sucks. There's a large degree of subjectivity, up to and including random gut feelings.

I love the pick for some of the reasons you stated and more. But I don't think everyone should.

It sounds like it is, seeing as this is the first pick that poster said he hated...

No time for your windmills. Either talk about the topic being discussed, or don't.

Bills take a flyer on the most physically gifted qb in the draft who won and played exceptionally well on the biggest stage that college football has to offer with THE LAST PICK IN THE 4TH ROUND!!! and you got the same people bi+chin' that are always bi+chin'

Too Funny! :lol:

Keep it up Whaley!! You da man!

Welcome to the board. And you better get used to the moaning....

I don't love this pick because any QB taken in the later rounds is typically a wasted pick.

And yet... we had to pick a QB at some point. Both our QBs are nearing the end of their contracts and TT is not a proven franchise guy.

Jones is raw but has shown flashes of brilliance. Let's say Roman and Lee mold him into a quality backup. Is he still a waste of a 4th round pick? How much is a good backup QB worth?

I don't love this pick because any QB taken in the later rounds is typically a wasted pick.

And yet... we had to pick a QB at some point. Both our QBs are nearing the end of their contracts and TT is not a proven franchise guy.

Jones is raw but has shown flashes of brilliance. Let's say Roman and Lee mold him into a quality backup. Is he still a waste of a 4th round pick? How much is a good backup QB worth?

It's barely a 4th round pick. It was essentially a 5th.

Hate this pick

Hating this draft more and more

Last two picks offer little to no help this year.

Ragland better start and play well or Whaley is gone

too funny. I believe you were the one who surmised the Bills might trade up into the the 3rd to take FSU K Aguayo :doh: ....... :doh:

Wasted pick. A guy who only started a handful of games in college. At this point why even bother taking a QB. Had to be a better use for a 4th round pick.

I don't even know how you coped when we had Jauron and selected Aaron Maybin for our 1st round pick. It's amazing you're still alive.

What I am suggesting is that he will do so poorly that they won't mind exposing him.

Have you ever seen him play? I have seen every snap in his career and am great with the pick.

If you point to the struggles last year it was a direct result of Noah Brown's injury. He was the guy that was filling the Devin Smith role. Cardale is has huge upside!! You try to hit home runs on day 3 (ask Seattle and New England).

I don't follow college football but your post just made me feel a whole lot better about this pick

I have to admit, this made me el-oh-el way more than it probably should have!

Cardale Jones led the Buckeyes to the National Championship two seasons ago as a third stringer. He played very well on a phenomenal team against Oregon. Last season, he struggled. He was inconsistent. He never started a full season so we can assume that he has a lot of learning to do. The Bills may have rushed Manuel. Bring Jones along slowly.

This ^^^^^^^^^. I'm not enamored with the pick, but I don't loathe it either. The bed's already been made, so the Bills might as well take some time and let the guy develop and learn while in the pipeline.

Way too much sniping from both sides of the aisle in this thread. I'm cleaning this thread up so quite a few posts are already gone. I will not look the other way on any garbage following this post.

UH-OH!! Dad's pissed. Hide the belt!!!!

I'm not arguing that it should be universally loved, but it fills a need with a player with a very high ceiling for essentially a 5th round pick. Not sure what other QB would be a bette fit from those left on the board.

Agreed!

They can't save any money on EJ by cutting him.

They can, however, save a roster spot.....

As a calculating risk taker, I like this play. Might hit....not much ventured in terms of draft choice......

Edited by bigK14094