Common denominator on first 3 picks

The other common denominator is that they all have red flags and are boom or bust types. Not one of them is a sure thing, but each one can be a star if everything goes right and they stay healthy.

EVERY draft choice in the league is boom or bust to some degree. Many 1st round picks don't fully pan out and about 50% of 2nd round picks never become starters.

The other common denominator is that they all have red flags and are boom or bust types. Not one of them is a sure thing, but each one can be a star if everything goes right and they stay healthy.

no middle ground. Solid starter maybe? When people use cliches it usually doesn't fit.

there were a lot of small school kids drafted highly. bradberry, for example, was drafted too high. and ILB blake whatshisname from stanford. its hard to believe that mid rounders, where depth players need to be found, are used on small school boom or bust projects so often.

boom or bust is 6th and 7th, at least in my books.

there were a lot of small school kids drafted highly. bradberry, for example, was drafted too high. and ILB blake whatshisname from stanford. its hard to believe that mid rounders, where depth players need to be found, are used on small school boom or bust projects so often.

boom or bust is 6th and 7th, at least in my books.

Not much of a bust, though, if you only spend a 6th or 7th pick on him.

My rose colored glasses don't allow me to see what you are seeing.

How about a common denominator for ALL OF WHALEY'S draft picks this year??

I wonder what would happen if a white GM drafted all white players.

I may have to drive over and slap you silly.

Anyone who responds to this person's post is a gugny.

My rose colored glasses don't allow me to see what you are seeing.

I may have to drive over and slap you silly.

Anyone who responds to this person's post is a gugny.

Not trying to start trouble, but I think it's a valid question.

And exactly who is a sure thing in the NFL draft. Guys picked number one bust out all the time. No guarantees with any of these guys. Go back and look at drafts from five, six, seven, eight years ago. Many first rounders don't ever make it.

Good thing you decided to stop sniffing glue this week.

Another common denominator is that PFF gives all three picks "A" grades.

I've haven't found anybody who gave the Bills a negative grade. I don't even think Kiper could give us less than a B this year and he always hates our drafts.

He'd get fired for drafting crappy players. I would bet the over whelming majority of players drafted are black.

He'd get fired for drafting crappy players. I would bet the over whelming majority of players drafted are black.

I bet no other team came in at 100%.

7/10 players in the NFL are black. I don't find it that hard to believe that a team would draft all black players. I really don't feel like doing the research though. The simple truth is that your statement is either trolling or racist. Why would you care what color the players are? Unless you're racist.

Edit - Oh because Doug Whaley is black. That's super racist. A black man can't be in power without being reverse racist. Right?

BTW, I'm white. I just happen to be a rational human being.

Edited by Thisistheyear

And exactly who is a sure thing in the NFL draft. Guys picked number one bust out all the time. No guarantees with any of these guys. Go back and look at drafts from five, six, seven, eight years ago. Many first rounders don't ever make it.

Good thing you decided to stop sniffing glue this week.

I've haven't found anybody who gave the Bills a negative grade. I don't even think Kiper could give us less than a B this year and he always hates our drafts.

You are a gugny

You are a gugny

I guess I don't understand your point. I know your not a Trumpette and that sounds like something he'd say.

You are a gugny

7/10 players in the NFL are black. I don't find it that hard to believe that a team would draft all black players. I really don't feel like doing the research though. The simple truth is that your statement is either trolling or racist. Why would you care what color the players are? Unless you're racist.

You are a gugny

You're ridiculous.

70% of the players in the league are black. That means on a random basis, there is an 8% chance that one team would draft 7 black players in a row. That means that on average, 8% of the teams (i.e., about 2-3 in any given year) would draft all black players. The idea that that is the same as drafting all white players is silly. With 30% of the league white, drafting seven in a row would happen .02% of the time or about once every 5,000 drafts, i.e., once every 156 years (assuming that there are 32 drafts per year). So yeah, if a team drafted all white players, people would take a closer look, as well they should.

You're ridiculous.

70% of the players in the league are black. That means on a random basis, there is an 8% chance that one team would draft 7 black players in a row. That means that on average, 8% of the teams (i.e., about 2-3 in any given year) would draft all black players. The idea that that is the same as drafting all white players is silly. With 30% of the league white, drafting seven in a row would happen .02% of the time or about once every 5,000 drafts, i.e., once every 156 years (assuming that there are 32 drafts per year). So yeah, if a team drafted all white players, people would take a closer look, as well they should.

You are a gugny

Not much of a bust, though, if you only spend a 6th or 7th pick on him.

yes, 100%

i should have phrased it differently. the bust is mitigated if you fail.

in my mind round 1 has starter potential day 1 - no ifs ands or buts (but i also believe sitting them a year makes sense, too).

round 2 or 3 has the immediate depth players.

4 is the tweener range - you get someone who is depth but also fills needs in special teams and schemes

5-6 is the risk players. the undersized nose tackle. the unpolished wr. the heavy running back. the small school qb.

round 7 is the potential player. the one you can't afford to risk to find in udfa. your high character, high risk, developmental player or your highly questionable character, fully skilled and remarkable lit up a bong as he walked on stage guy.

Edited by Boyst62

We didn't need a punter, kicker or a long snapper....so I can see how this happened.

I like how you think outside the box though.

Reports have us signing a LS as an undrafted FA

Would not have noticed the all black list, but it came up here. Hopefully, this means that Whaley picks the best football players, and isn't trying to be politically correct (via a split ticket) I, for one, do not read racist intent on Whaley's part. However, I do see the validity of the comment on the current state of our society, in that, for sure, a white GM picking all white draftee's would be lambasted by the politically correct crowd, and that Whaley will not be lambasted..perhaps because of some statistical argument I just read on this board.

Edited by bigK14094

Anybody remember Shaq in the championship

The guy was beat to crap....suffering from an injury (not his shoulder)

He was still out there giving it his all

The kid has heart

Couple sacks on a bad knee, IIRC. He was clearly not 100% recovered from the MCL sprain. I remember him lining up offsides a couple time as well.

GO BILLS!!!

You're ridiculous.

I was waiting for someone to do the math. I didn't read it, beyond knowing someone did the math. I'm not checking the work. Pick the best players, Doug.

Is the plural Gugnii?