Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

NFLPA leaders depended too much on getting in court what they could not get on bargaining floor.

If I was a NFL player who was not making multi-millions per year and was not getting in trouble I'd be looking for other like players and try to split from union offer to renegotiate contract with more emphasis on issues even if it meant I'd be spending more time with team in study sessions, training, etc. In time the undesirables would be cut off from their support and those making multi-millions per year and not constantly being suspended, etc would realize they were paying for association with trouble makers.

The NFLPA (Demaurice Smith) went into the CBA thinking he could just negotiate on money and get everything else by going to court. The players got reamed, but they elected him again afterwards so they got what they deserved.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFLPA (Demaurice Smith) went into the CBA thinking he could just negotiate on money and get everything else by going to court. The players got reamed, but they elected him again afterwards so they got what they deserved.

If I were a betting guy, I'd say 99% of players will take the money. Careers are short, and the dollars are big - for a while. It's an even shorter window for bone heads. They will vote for top dollar, then try to litigate anything else they might wring out of the big money pool. The CBA is like player contracts....get as many guaranteed dollars as possible. The rest is gravy.

How?

First, a request for rehearing (which must be filed if at all within 14 days) operates as an automatic stay of the suspension. It means that Brady, if a petition for rehearing is filed, would have his suspension held in abeyance until, at the earliest, the Second Circuit decides not to conduct a rehearing and, at the latest, until the rehearing is resolved with another ruling against Brady and the NFLPA.

If the petition for rehearing is granted, a source with knowledge of the Second Circuit procedures tells PFT that it’s quite possible (if not likely) that Brady will be able to play the entire 2016 season, regardless of the outcome.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/brady-nflpa-should-definitely-pursue-a-rehearing-before-the-full-second-circuit/

Am I the only one that feels a little nervous about this?

Wouldn't this be the perfect motivation? Plus, he's 38 years old. So now, he gets an extra rest from game conditions.

If they can go 3-1 or even 2-2 over this period, they get a rested, probably maniacally-obsessed-with-winning Brady back for game 5 on. I would expect Bellicheck to use this to motivate his team also.

:lol:

Now this is a typical response from a victim of Buffalo Sports Abuse Syndrome. Only a Bills fan could suggest that our biggest rival losing their best player for four games is something that makes him "nervous."

Brilliant.

First, a request for rehearing (which must be filed if at all within 14 days) operates as an automatic stay of the suspension. It means that Brady, if a petition for rehearing is filed, would have his suspension held in abeyance until, at the earliest, the Second Circuit decides not to conduct a rehearing and, at the latest, until the rehearing is resolved with another ruling against Brady and the NFLPA.

If the petition for rehearing is granted, a source with knowledge of the Second Circuit procedures tells PFT that it’s quite possible (if not likely) that Brady will be able to play the entire 2016 season, regardless of the outcome.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/brady-nflpa-should-definitely-pursue-a-rehearing-before-the-full-second-circuit/

A lot of assumptions/speculations on Florios part there. Brady may get a stay if he requests a rehearing but a couple lawyers have weighed in and said his chances of getting a rehearing are very very slim. And they certainly don't think that SCOTUS is going to hear this case.

Judge Berman should have done that...........But, he was too busy partying with Kraft!

That's the best part about this. I keep seeing in Pats* fan forums about crooked judges, but they don't want to talk about Berman hanging out at la casa Kraft two days before the initial ruling.

A lot of assumptions/speculations on Florios part there. Brady may get a stay if he requests a rehearing but a couple lawyers have weighed in and said his chances of getting a rehearing are very very slim. And they certainly don't think that SCOTUS is going to hear this case.

Par for the course for Florio. He looks for any pro-Pats* point in anything related to Deflategate, which is kind of odd since he was fairly evenhanded and rational on it until mid-May, when a switch seemed to be flipped and he went all-in on the Cheats*. It's almost like someone "talked to him" around that time....

Par for the course for Florio. He looks for any pro-Pats* point in anything related to Deflategate, which is kind of odd since he was fairly evenhanded and rational on it until mid-May, when a switch seemed to be flipped and he went all-in on the Cheats*. It's almost like someone "talked to him" around that time....

I noticed that too, it was really odd. He seemed to be supporting the commissioner and his position within the CBA and then did a complete 180.

Now this is a typical response from a victim of Buffalo Sports Abuse Syndrome. Only a Bills fan could suggest that our biggest rival losing their best player for four games is something that makes him "nervous."

Brilliant.

You're right! But then again as some other people on the board have mentioned, Brady could still find a way to delay his suspension again. I looks like he could still appeal the ruling one more time.

Maybe we all should learn some voodoo curses? Lol

i'm not saying he will win.

i'm saying he will keep delaying.

Can't believe she is still around. She solved all those mysteries as a kid then went underground. I guess being a lawyer fits.

They guy left out how Goodell feels betrayed after burning all of those tapes the first time these jokers got caught cheating.

I know they'll cheat again and probably already have....I wonder if they will get caught.

Now that right there is an excellent read. But I wonder what city Dan Shaughnessy will be moving to soon... real soon... for ah, "personal health" reasons. :ph34r:

If the petition for rehearing is granted, a source with knowledge of the Second Circuit procedures tells PFT that its quite possible (if not likely) that Brady will be able to play the entire 2016 season, regardless of the outcome.

@wallachlegal

CA2 en banc stats (2000-2010): 8 cases out of a total of 27,856 completed appeals were reheard en banc (less than 3/100 of 1% of the cases)

I don't know why it would take them so long to decide not to rehear it

Brilliant.

The Bills went 0-2 against the Brady-less pats in 2008.

@wallachlegal

CA2 en banc stats (2000-2010): 8 cases out of a total of 27,856 completed appeals were reheard en banc (less than 3/100 of 1% of the cases)

I don't know why it would take them so long to decide not to rehear it

It wouldn't but Florio is on one, especially with tweets like this;

‏@ProFootballTalk

NFL can crow all it wants about Brady, but there was luck of the draw involved. Three judges from 22-judge panel. Narrow 2-1 win for league.