Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

Because NFL players caved went for the money - which was their most important over-riding objective during negotiations. They always go for the money cave. I think that this one will get changed with the next CBA, but NFL players will remain the weakest union/association in pro sports.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might, but it's going to cost them something. No way Rog gives that away for anything less than and arm, a leg, the first born son, and jus primae noctis

I hate when you make me look this stuff up. Until I look it up, then i get a good chuckle !!

:lol: For a city of wanna-be tough guys, the Boston sports population has to have the thinnest skin in America. It's hilarious.

It is psychology 101. They know they cheated and they need to deflect.

It's not so much the Boston sports population but the Boston population in general. They have no sense of fun at all. They are always wanting to live up to something they will never be....and I'm not even sure what that is, but they all feel that they have fallen short and they lash out in denial. Some think it is jealousy of NY City. I'm not so sure. It's something though. They're weird, mean and not fun.

It's not so much the Boston sports population but the Boston population in general. They have no sense of fun at all. They are always wanting to live up to something they will never be....and I'm not even sure what that is, but they all feel that they have fallen short and they lash out in denial. Some think it is jealousy of NY City. I'm not so sure. It's something though. They're weird, mean and not fun.

Hmm glad to see that Rex isn't the only thing in your life you run wild with. Now your generalizing about an entire city, who by the way isn't 100% mouth breathing pats fan like your imagination would like to believe. This post is a nice cherry to add to the endless pile of "wrecks sucks". Get a clue.

Having lived in Boston for a number of years, there's something to this. It's the Junior Varsity version of NYC and everyone living there knows it and loathes it. That said, it's a fun town with the majority of folks being quite fun and friendly. And the overwhelming majority of Boston residents born before Tom Brady's ascent were in fact Giants fans -- fueling the NYC love/hate relationship and making the P*triot bandwagon jumping all the more hilarious over the past decade.

Having lived in Boston for a number of years, there's something to this. It's the Junior Varsity version of NYC and everyone living there knows it and loathes it. That said, it's a fun town with the majority of folks being quite fun and friendly. And the overwhelming majority of Boston residents born before Tom Brady's ascent were in fact Giants fans -- fueling the NYC love/hate relationship and making the P*triot bandwagon jumping all the more hilarious over the past decade.

Some of this is accurate but your missing a few important things. First and most importantly before Kraft bought the team, drafted Bledsoe, changed the Uni's the Patriots were always blacked out. This is how my circle of friends became Bills fans- they were on every week and they were fun to watch obviously. I agree Giants and Eagles were the next two most televised teams. The bottom line Steve Grogan and Tony Eason created misfits like myself!! Plenty of us stayed true to their teams because that's who we actually grew up watching. So anyone in my age bracket that claims to be a lifelong Pats fan gets laughed at. Some of the older folks get a pass because they may or may not have been fans before the Pats bottomed out and fell victims of the blackout rule. Everyone forgets Kraft lobbied to move the team to leverage for the stadium etc etc. Bledsoe and Ben Coates ruined everything for Bills fans in Boston..Tom Brady only fueled the hate.

The Junior Varsity thing is kinda silly, and the NYC-Boston thing was baseball, we hated them-they hated us. Then we won a few WS and now Fenway is full of yuppies drinking the most expensive beer in sports and sitting on their hands. Either way you can generalize any city I won't bore you guys, but there is plenty of good natured well mannered people down here. I have been to Buffalo and I can assure you they aren't all table breaking, flame inducing WWE wanna be's. Right? Right.

Hell yeah they're trolling the Pats*, and I'm 100% behind 'em on it.

It's been great to watch the reaction evolve.

We're innocent

>You can't prove anything

>>It didn't make a difference

>>>You hate us cause you ain't us

>>>>Stop making fun of us

Just wonderful.

Some of this is accurate but your missing a few important things. First and most importantly before Kraft bought the team, drafted Bledsoe, changed the Uni's the Patriots were always blacked out. This is how my circle of friends became Bills fans- they were on every week and they were fun to watch obviously. I agree Giants and Eagles were the next two most televised teams. The bottom line Steve Grogan and Tony Eason created misfits like myself!! Plenty of us stayed true to their teams because that's who we actually grew up watching. So anyone in my age bracket that claims to be a lifelong Pats fan gets laughed at. Some of the older folks get a pass because they may or may not have been fans before the Pats bottomed out and fell victims of the blackout rule. Everyone forgets Kraft lobbied to move the team to leverage for the stadium etc etc. Bledsoe and Ben Coates ruined everything for Bills fans in Boston..Tom Brady only fueled the hate.

The Bills sucked and were blacked out for pretty much my entire childhood in the 70s - but they were always my favorite (and only) team. This is the difference between Bills fans and Patriot fans

The Bills sucked and were blacked out for pretty much my entire childhood in the 70s - but they were always my favorite (and only) team. This is the difference between Bills fans and Patriot fans

I'm sure plenty of older Patriots fans could claim the same thing regarding remaining a fan through the blackouts. It's the younger generation that bothers me. They had no way to watch the games and suddenly once Kraft gets Bledsoe and they start winning a few games everyone loves the Pats and has always loved the pats. Blah blah. Hopefully once Brady retires they fall off into the abyss.

I'm sure plenty of older Patriots fans could claim the same thing regarding remaining a fan through the blackouts. It's the younger generation that bothers me. They had no way to watch the games and suddenly once Kraft gets Bledsoe and they start winning a few games everyone loves the Pats and has always loved the pats. Blah blah. Hopefully once Brady retires they fall off into the abyss.

itll be interesting if the pats do really fall off. who was the last team that was really excellent for 25 years, and had a fan base have to deal with a strong turn around? maybe the 49ers for awhile there?

the "didnt care until they were good" fans that you describe are pats fans that have kids looking at college

You legit have pats fans that will be in their 30s and have never dealt with a bad team - just like we have them that have never really had a good product to cheer for. the flipside, i can only hope our bandwagon gets huge and we have a new owner, and TT could be the real deal and we can follow him up with another like the pats did since the early 90s. its fun having a bandwagon.

Edited by NoSaint

The pats won 21 games over Bledsoe's first 3 seasons. The sellout streak began right after Kraft bought the team, years before this current streak they have been on.

The pats won 21 games over Bledsoe's first 3 seasons. The sellout streak began right after Kraft bought the team, years before this current streak they have been on.

No one in the greater Boston area cared a lick about the Pats before the first super bowl run. I was there, I watched their first super bowl win from the Cask N Flagon. There were more people cheering the Rams on than the P*ts.

I'll never question Boston's loyalty to the Sox, Celts, or Bruins -- but when it comes to football they're the biggest fair weather sports fans in the country.