Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put brady on the Commissioner’s exempt list until this is all sorted out (paid leave pending resolution of the player’s status under Personal Conduct Policy).

watch how fast it gets settled.

Players must consent to being placed on the list. And they still can get paid anyway.

So what was "sympathetic" about that Schefter tweet?

So now Goodell's suspension decisions are unimpeachable?

And there you go proving my point.

Goodell's decisions are not at issue here. It's his authority to issue them. Anyone arguing anything but Goodell's authority is obfuscating the facts this decision was based on. And it's obvious Media Team Brady answers to Krafty Bob's bat signal. Here comes the all-out media pity party for Brady, crying about everything but the facts.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So now Goodell's suspension decisions are unimpeachable?

Except for his asinine Ray Rice decisions (two weeks for hitting a woman, lifetime ban for being caught on video doing it)...yes, under the CBA, they are.

That's kind-of been the point all along. Goodell's a total ass. But the NFLPA gave him carte blanche to be a total ass. And it's entirely appropriate for the courts to tell them to go pound sand when they come crying "We were stupid and !@#$ed up! Please fix our mistake!"

That's the upside to this circus - a better, more responsible NFLPA, that isn't run by mouth-breathing pinheads.

Except for his asinine Ray Rice decisions (two weeks for hitting a woman, lifetime ban for being caught on video doing it)...yes, under the CBA, they are.

That's kind-of been the point all along. Goodell's a total ass. But the NFLPA gave him carte blanche to be a total ass. And it's entirely appropriate for the courts to tell them to go pound sand when they come crying "We were stupid and !@#$ed up! Please fix our mistake!"

That's the upside to this circus - a better, more responsible NFLPA, that isn't run by mouth-breathing pinheads.

Is it possible the NFLPA just looked at the numbers when they were bargaining? I honestly don't know.

The amount of players who get in trouble is really low in comparison to the amount of players in the NFL. Without looking I imagine on any given year it has to be lower than 5%. I don't know how much sense it would make to try to stand your ground on an issue that only effects 5% of your clients.

Of course they might not have looked at numbers at all.

Is it possible the NFLPA just looked at the numbers when they were bargaining? I honestly don't know.

The amount of players who get in trouble is really low in comparison to the amount of players in the NFL. Without looking I imagine on any given year it has to be lower than 5%. I don't know how much sense it would make to try to stand your ground on an issue that only effects 5% of your clients.

Makes sense that in negotiation they would have conceded the dubious role of defending trouble makers. They just didn't foresee a golden child being among the DUI/woman-beating/gun at a night club crowd.

Makes sense that in negotiation they would have conceded the dubious role of defending trouble makers. They just didn't foresee a golden child being among the DUI/woman-beating/gun at a night club crowd.

What doesn't make sense that in the most profitable league the players have the weakest representation. They get their asses handed to them every time they go to the table. The Average career span is shorter than the RWS- lol.

put brady on the Commissioner’s exempt list until this is all sorted out (paid leave pending resolution of the player’s status under Personal Conduct Policy).

watch how fast it gets settled.

good idea, is this possible?

What doesn't make sense that in the most profitable league the players have the weakest representation. They get their asses handed to them every time they go to the table. The Average career span is shorter than the RWS- lol.

the players aren't submitting to hgh testing yet, is that weak representation?

The point was that one poster was mocking another poster for being concerned about facing the Brady-less pats, as though it has never happened, or it happened and the Bills had great success.

Get over yourself. The poster I supposedly "mocked" certainly didn't take it poorly -- primarily because he, unlike you, knows I was simply laughing at how we've been so tortured as Bills fans over the years we'll take good news and turn it into something bad that could happen.

Your act has grown so old and tired. Isn't there somewhere else you can go to pick fights?

Get over yourself. The poster I supposedly "mocked" certainly didn't take it poorly -- primarily because he, unlike you, knows I was simply laughing at how we've been so tortured as Bills fans over the years we'll take good news and turn it into something bad that could happen.

Your act has grown so old and tired. Isn't there somewhere else you can go to pick fights?

++++++

good idea, is this possible?

the players aren't submitting to hgh testing yet, is that weak representation?

HGH testing is far from the crux of the problem with the NFLPA. The owners are all about making money we have seen that on every level, from exploiting players, fans, and manipulating stadium deals. Why are you so sure they want to get HGH out of the game? Their players are faster, stronger and recovering quicker than ever. It makes for a better product and fuels the ever rising popularity.

If you want me to believe they are trying to implement testing for the health and safety of players I'm far from sold.

HGH is just the Trojan Horse that the owners push out at the negotiating table. The billionaire boys club is playing chess and the NFLPA is playing checkers, the players deserve better IMO.

HGH testing is far from the crux of the problem with the NFLPA. The owners are all about making money we have seen that on every level, from exploiting players, fans, and manipulating stadium deals. Why are you so sure they want to get HGH out of the game? Their players are faster, stronger and recovering quicker than ever. It makes for a better product and fuels the ever rising popularity.

If you want me to believe they are trying to implement testing for the health and safety of players I'm far from sold.

HGH is just the Trojan Horse that the owners push out at the negotiating table. The billionaire boys club is playing chess and the NFLPA is playing checkers, the players deserve better IMO.

Of course they do. But they will never get better because the last thing the NFL wants is a competent player's union. They have worked for decades to make sure the NFLPA is the weakest in professional sports. A league that gets by without guaranteed contracts despite printing money hand over fist should tell you everything you need to know about the NFL's priorities. It ain't player safety. It's their pocketbooks.

It's why any time there's been a labor dispute I always find it surprising how many Bills fans go out of their way to side with the league over the players.

I'd wager they did. All the news about the last CBA negotiation was revenue sharing, and the NFLPA seems to have a rather bad case of SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome).

Particularly given that 1) discipline is usually a big part of CBAs and union efforts, and 2) it's pathetically simple to define: discipline is subject to a set of rules and regulations jointly defined by the league and NFLPA, Allow some flexibility and discrimination on the commissioner's behalf (but not infinite - "this violation has a maximum of x weeks suspension" sort of thing) , and establish an arbitration committee consisting of fifteen members - five NFLPA reps, five league reps, five independent parties, and for any arbitration, one is picked at random from each group. And arbitration is binding.

End of disciplinary section of CBA. Much better than "Goodell can do whatever the !@#$ he wants," and just as easy to negotiate.

I was simply pointing out that there was precedent for such worry/torture. In other words, it comes from somewhere. This really bothers you?

Picking fights--nah. Does swatter fight with the fly?

Exactly they got what they wanted - maximum possible % - and they need to deal with results.

Of course they do. But they will never get better because the last thing the NFL wants is a competent player's union. They have worked for decades to make sure the NFLPA is the weakest in professional sports. A league that gets by without guaranteed contracts despite printing money hand over fist should tell you everything you need to know about the NFL's priorities. It ain't player safety. It's their pocketbooks.

It's why any time there's been a labor dispute I always find it surprising how many Bills fans go out of their way to side with the league over the players.

Guaranteed contracts are stupid when players can just act like Mario did last year - not like scheme so not perform.

I am really surprised that how many Bills fans go out of their way to side with the players who not want to make effort.

They stand their ground all of the time protecting players who hurt other players.

I guess I don't agree with what you seem to be suggesting is the balance of supply and demand.

Of which is there a greater supply: men and women willing to play football for money? Or men and women with enough wealth to secure ownership of a team?

Exactly what leverage is it that the players have here?

Edited by The Big Cat

Those were decisions made by his bosses in the star chamber. When Jezibel, et al when wild over the 2 games, it became a meme and then things "looked bad" and the owners told Goodell to trudge on out there again and make the suspension infinity in order to calm the internet.

Remember, Harbaugh, Newsome and the shady owner of that team ALL were backing Rice AFTER they saw the first video of him dragging his unconscious fiancée out of the elevator. Even after he was indicted on aggravated assault they were backing him up.

Exactly they got what they wanted - maximum possible % - and they need to deal with results.

Guaranteed contracts are stupid when players can just act like Mario did last year - not like scheme so not perform.

I am really surprised that how many Bills fans go out of their way to side with the players who not want to make effort.

For me, it's the one unforgivable offense. For a myriad of reasons; some obvious, some not so much. Football, more than any other team sport, relies on each cog in the wheel to do its part. I can't imagine how some of his teammates must have felt watching game tape.

It's one thing to exercise self-preservation, quite another to do it at the expense of others.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't argue with most of what u said, by mentioning the hgh issue I was pointing out that the players fought hard against having that in the cba but at the same negotiation left all the power in the hands of the commissioner when it comes to discipline. If the players felt so strongly that their rights weren't being protected with the commissioner as judge and jury then that was the time to say something. The NFL could very well want hgh testing delayed for the reasons you state, wouldn't be the first professional league to turn a blind eye to performance enhancing drugs. As far as the players protection, if they did something that deserves a fine or suspension then they should pay or sit depending on the leagues ruling. These cases have no place in court, it's a game at the end of the day.

Connecting the lack of "guaranteed contracts" to player safety is an interesting contortion.

Is there another pro league (in this country) where the owners are NOT interested in their pocketbooks? Do you think the NBA, MLB owners wouldn't each sever a testicle to be able to get rid of fully guaranteed contracts? Would NFL football be better if teams were stuck paying every stupid contract they signed for its full value and term? Tell us why that would be better.