Brady suspension reinstated!

FireChan

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in the greater Boston area cared a lick about the Pats before the first super bowl run. I was there, I watched their first super bowl win from the Cask N Flagon. There were more people cheering the Rams on than the P*ts.

I'll never question Boston's loyalty to the Sox, Celts, or Bruins -- but when it comes to football they're the biggest fair weather sports fans in the country.

I was there in the mid 80's when they made their "first SB run". It was a big deal. If you are saying that 35-40 years ago it wasn't a big NFL town. Yeah, I guess so. But the Sox, Celts, Bruins had been around forever, so why is that really a point to make? NYC has always been a Yankees/Dodgers town first and foremost. The Giants were never like that back then.

Hanging out at a tourist bar full of out of town college kids for one game isn't much to draw a conclusion on.

Point was that they were selling out the stadium when Kraft arrived and they weren't that good.

I was there in the mid 80's when they made their "first SB run". It was a big deal. If you are saying that 35-40 years ago it wasn't a big NFL town. Yeah, I guess so. But the Sox, Celts, Bruins had been around forever, so why is that really a point to make? NYC has always been a Yankees/Dodgers town first and foremost. The Giants were never like that back then.

Hanging out at a tourist bar full of out of town college kids for one game isn't much to draw a conclusion on.

Point was that they were selling out the stadium when Kraft arrived and they weren't that good.

Please just stop. You can blather on and on about your favorite team and how wonderful all the decisions they make are, and how they would never ever dream of cheating but saying they have a fan base with strong roots is an absolute joke.

Rare is the fan that knows the name Mosie Tatupu or Russ Francis when compared with how many Bills fans remember Butch Byrd and Jerry Butler. Look around at a game and see how many "Francis" jerseys you see when compared to Ferguson or Sestak or Cribbs. LOL

There is no question Boston is an amazing Red Sox town and were through it with that team thick and thin. Not so long ago the Celtics and Bruins had their empty stadium moments. When the Pats start losing again they will still have a crowd....provided they don't have three 5-11 type season in a row. If they do...it will be funny.

I'm not saying there aren't individuals that are devoted Pats fans. There are. I'm sure you take pride in your fandom which is fine. Just don't pretend that it is a part of the Boston culture because it's not.

Edited by 4merper4mer

I lived there from '88-91. Around that time the Pats* had 19k season ticket holders, in a city 5x the size of Buffalo....,

:lol::lol:

I lived there from '88-91. Around that time the Pats* had 19k season ticket holders, in a city 5x the size of Buffalo....,

Thank you. :beer:

It is psychology 101. They know they cheated and they need to deflect.

It's not so much the Boston sports population but the Boston population in general. They have no sense of fun at all. They are always wanting to live up to something they will never be....and I'm not even sure what that is, but they all feel that they have fallen short and they lash out in denial. Some think it is jealousy of NY City. I'm not so sure. It's something though. They're weird, mean and not fun.

Having lived in Boston for a number of years, there's something to this. It's the Junior Varsity version of NYC and everyone living there knows it and loathes it. That said, it's a fun town with the majority of folks being quite fun and friendly. And the overwhelming majority of Boston residents born before Tom Brady's ascent were in fact Giants fans -- fueling the NYC love/hate relationship and making the P*triot bandwagon jumping all the more hilarious over the past decade.

It goes way back. Back-back-back-back-back in time to the Revolution.

They started it and couldn't finish it. That had to be done by the other colonies.

They've been guilt-ridden ever since.

Please just stop. You can blather on and on about your favorite team and how wonderful all the decisions they make are, and how they would never ever dream of cheating but saying they have a fan base with strong roots is an absolute joke.

Rare is the fan that knows the name Mosie Tatupu or Russ Francis when compared with how many Bills fans remember Butch Byrd and Jerry Butler. Look around at a game and see how many "Francis" jerseys you see when compared to Ferguson or Sestak or Cribbs. LOL

There is no question Boston is an amazing Red Sox town and were through it with that team thick and thin. Not so long ago the Celtics and Bruins had their empty stadium moments. When the Pats start losing again they will still have a crowd....provided they don't have three 5-11 type season in a row. If they do...it will be funny.

I'm not saying there aren't individuals that are devoted Pats fans. There are. I'm sure you take pride in your fandom which is fine. Just don't pretend that it is a part of the Boston culture because it's not.

Russ Francis was one handsome man...

Amazing what happens when a team gets a new owner, isn't it?

Anyway, what chronically losing team back in the day was selling out the season tickets? How many bad teams today are selling out--is it the norm?

Anyway, what chronically losing team back in the day was selling out the season tickets? How many bad teams today are selling out--is it the norm?

Your Pats are only in business because Ralph helped them stay there. The payback was fat boozy Kraft lobbying for Bon Jersey to move the team to Toronto. Nice sense of history douchebag.

We both also know that even if the Bills were to go 0-16 back to back years, we'd still sell 30k season tickets, all in a city with about 20% of Boston's population. Personally, I predict we'll find out how fair weather Boston fans are once again as soon as Brady retires.....

Interesting that they believe the Pats are a tough team to beat "with an average QB".

Most of the league, I believe, sees the Pats as "the Brady bunch" ie Brady, and who else?

We both also know that even if the Bills were to go 0-16 back to back years, we'd still sell 30k season tickets, all in a city with about 20% of Boston's population. Personally, I predict we'll find out how fair weather Boston fans are once again as soon as Brady retires.....

Not positive of that since Bills went down to 37,555 season tickets in 2011 and never bottomed out at 0-16.

Your Pats are only in business because Ralph helped them stay there. The payback was fat boozy Kraft lobbying for Bon Jersey to move the team to Toronto. Nice sense of history douchebag.

You're challenging my sense of history?? Look, If Ralph had never loaned Kraft all that money, Victor Kiam would still own the pats and there would be no Brady/BB/sellout streak. So...you know, go yell at Mr. Wilson's statue.

Did tiny GB have trouble selling tickets for the 20 years they sucked from '70-90? They were in the middle of a 300+ sellout streak.