Jaylon Smith - What round is he worth the risk?

KDIGGZ

132 members have voted

1. 1. What round would you take Jaylon Smith?

• Round 1 - players come back from bad knee injuries all the time
    • Round 2 - maybe not worth a 1st but good value in Rd 2
    • Round 3 - steal in round 3 for best player in draft
    • Round 4 - you have 2 picks in the 4th so why not
    • Round 4 - compensatory pick
    • Round 5 - can't believe he's still on the board
    • Round 6 - too good to be true
    • Round 6 - compensatory pick
    • Waste of a pick - not worth the risk
    • UDFA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked that the Cowboys picked Smith with Jack still on the board! I figured someone would get Smith in the 2nd but I was thinking end of the 2nd. Hes not playing this year so do the Cowboys really have the luxury of redshirting him and waiting? They seem like a team that needs to win now. Romo is one big hit away from ending his career

• 1 month later...

@edwerderespn

I'm told #Cowboys No. 2 pick @thejaylonsmith has experienced no significant improvement in injured nerve so far. Playing 2016 seems unlikely

@joelcorry

If Jaylon Smith spends the season on the non-football injury list, he won't get a year of service for free agency. He'll be a RFA in 2020.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@edwerderespn

I'm told #Cowboys No. 2 pick @thejaylonsmith has experienced no significant improvement in injured nerve so far. Playing 2016 seems unlikely

@joelcorry

If Jaylon Smith spends the season on the non-football injury list, he won't get a year of service for free agency. He'll be a RFA in 2020.

I bet he would be playing this year if the Pats drafted him. Belichick is a genius.

@edwerderespn

@joelcorry

Jaylon playing in 2016 has never been remotely possible IMO. But if it's true the nerve regeneration is not progressing that is distressing news as far as his prospects for ever getting on the field.

Jaylon playing in 2016 has never been remotely possible IMO. But if it's true the nerve regeneration is not progressing that is distressing news as far as his prospects for ever getting on the field.

agreed. Seems the team surgeon expected something else.

@edwerderespn

@joelcorry

Lower body injuries i.e. BAD......upper body injuries not as big a deal

Correct. Brady would've healed that nerve by now.

Aided by a certain Canadian doctor and a little black magic, I assume. Even though he's a Cowboy, I have to support this guy.

it takes nerves forever to heal if it all. It might take a couple of yrs, hope he makes it

agreed. Seems the team surgeon expected something else.

1. I just had surgery on a sports injury and surgeons seem to oversell themselves a lot. They are the used car salesmen of the medical world as far as I'm concerned.

2. How is it fair that the Cowboys team doctor has this inside info and it's not a conflict of interest? Doesn't seem fair. Our team doctors suck. We send our guys to NYC for surgery so we will never have that sort of competitive advantage

1. I just had surgery on a sports injury and surgeons seem to oversell themselves a lot. They are the used car salesmen of the medical world as far as I'm concerned.

2. How is it fair that the Cowboys team doctor has this inside info and it's not a conflict of interest? Doesn't seem fair. Our team doctors suck. We send our guys to NYC for surgery so we will never have that sort of competitive advantage

he was the one that did the surgery. not sure how they chose him but Jaylon's brother was already on the Cowboys so that could be why. Still, seems like it was a disadvantage almost if he was overconfident. Could have had Myles Jack at that spot.

• 3 weeks later...