The Bills should consider trading for QB Mike Glennon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think Cook goes in the first? I really think folks are starting to overvalue this QB draft class...well outside of the top 2 anyway.

I think it's unlikely that Cook gets past both Arizona at 29 and Denver at 31...too much moldable clay that matches up too well with team need and good situation with coaching and expectations.

Possible, but they'd have to use a #1 pick on Cook to get him and that would be a mistake IMO.

I agree he would be a mistake at #19 but if we can make a trade to get back into the first round I would take him. If we are going to take a QB in this draft this is the guy I want.

I am just not sure this is true. EJ has a better NFL completion %, they have the same ypa (6.5) and the same number of career interceptions. Where Glennon has an advantage is in TD passes but when you add EJ's yard and touchdowns running the ball they are almost exactly the same.

I have all but given up on EJ Manuel, so this is not the last vestiges of a deluded fanboy... I have just never got the fascination with Glennon. I don't think the people who have it have watched him play.

They are both what they are - just good enough to hang around the league as backups somewhere.

EJ and Buffalo are a terrible match at present. That dude just looks broken and I don't see any positive if he takes another snap in a Bills uniform. When he gets on the field for Buffalo does anyone have any hope anymore? I sure don't. I sigh and cringe. Any relatively equivalent player without that baggage is an upgrade in my opinion. It's more that than anything else. Also I'd expect that Glennon would also sign beyond 2016 as part of a trade. EJ is gone at the end of 2016 if not before.

Why should we trade for Mike Glennon though? He's due over $1.8M this year and next year he's and UFA. EJ and Tyrod are also going to be FA next year as well so it would put us in a situation where we would have to resign at least 2 QB's in the same off-season. IMO getting a QB is not a #1 priority. I would rather we focus on another WR, LB's and another DL. I think it would be in Buffalo's best interest to draft a QB that way we have him for at least 4-5yrs under an inexpensive rookie contract.

EJ and Buffalo are a terrible match at present. That dude just looks broken and I don't see any positive if he takes another snap in a Bills uniform. When he gets on the field for Buffalo does anyone have any hope anymore? I sure don't. I sigh and cringe. Any relatively equivalent player without that baggage is an upgrade in my opinion. It's more that than anything else. Also I'd expect that Glennon would also sign beyond 2016 as part of a trade. EJ is gone at the end of 2016 if not before.

I really wish Buffalo could release EJ too he's terrible but the Bills would take a $2.8M cap hit for releasing him. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him for this year. Which is really really unfortunate.

I'm not an EH apologist, but he only played in 2 games last year. After the disastrous start against Jacksonville, he actually had the team in position to win that game. I think he is serviceable as a backup and probably better than most alternatives out there including Glennon. Giving up a draft pick is ridiculous in my mind. See what we get this year in Tyrod and the draft and go from there. You all are really not thinking about the back-up QB alternatives for the Bills if EJ were to go.

I am not an EJ fan. I don't think he will ever be a top notch NFL starter. But at this point I would only drop him as a backup QB for one of two reasons, an improvement in cap space, or to replace him with someone who has the potential to be a better starter in the NFL, than Tyrod. I am not sure bringing on Glennon and cutting EJ does that.. A drafted QB might.

The other primary role for a backup QB is giving the team a chance to win some games if the starter is hurt. I don't think the Bills are good enough to win many games with a backup QB. And EJ, Glennon, a guy off the street or a rookie probably all give the Bills approximately the same chance to win, so I am not too concerned about the slight deviations in talent among the group.

I am just not sure this is true. EJ has a better NFL completion %, they have the same ypa (6.5) and the same number of career interceptions. Where Glennon has an advantage is in TD passes but when you add EJ's yard and touchdowns running the ball they are almost exactly the same.

I have all but given up on EJ Manuel, so this is not the last vestiges of a deluded fanboy... I have just never got the fascination with Glennon. I don't think the people who have it have watched him play.

They are both what they are - just good enough to hang around the league as backups somewhere.

I think glennon shredded us like 3 years ago. People don't forget!

Insider knowledge or a guess?

Two rookie QBs that would make up 25% of the 2016 draft class? Can't see it with so many other needs.

just the usual guess

i say that because i think most needs other than qb can be effectively filled in free agency. just arent many good options in free agency at QB

Fair enough. I don't think the baggage makes that much difference personally. I thought EJ had a shot (not a great one but a shot) when we drafted him. I don't think either EJ or Glennon has a shot now.

Is there any other draft class in memory that by year 3 had zero starting QBs from it?

Wasnt there a thread about this exact same topic last offseason?

CBF

It's Deja vu all over again.

We should trade EJ to London. In my mind he's frozen in time there....and it's a nightmare. I just can't shake that....