Who would surprise you as the Bills 1st round pick?

There are 3 that either get brief mentions or skipped that I believe are possible:

Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson

Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State

Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

mine too. And hell no to Lynch

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keanu Neal is another. Every Bills draft(besides Maybin and Whitner), you can make an educated guess as to the couple players the Bills would select in the first. Never have I been more uncertain what they do. I can see us drafting QB, WR, G, OT, NT, S, DT, Edge, OLB, LB, and perhaps CB in the first. And Whaley is a wheeler dealer. A trade down would not surprise me. Can we get to draft day already?

A Quarterback in the 2nd round maybe?

If one falls that could happen. I'd be tickled with another Darby-like signing. Excellent player at a premium position who happened to fall in our laps. A quality QB would fit that profile.

Mackenzie Alexander is probably the most likely 'shock' pick. Rex loves DB's and Clemson so a Clemson DB might just make him happy.

Another guy that no Bills fans talk about is Kansas State OL Cody Whitehair. The world and his wife projects him inside but maybe the Bills like him as a RT?

I would be surprised at any QB, WR or G in rd 1. Rest is fair game. Would be slightly surprised at a CB unless someone like Hargreaves fell. But I think if that happened, they could be ripe to trade the pick instead due to the high positional value of a CB combined with level of need of other teams at that position. Same with QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If the Bills trade up for Myles Jack

I think there is no way this will happen.

Whaley is still dealing with the freak out of only trading a few spots up to get Sammy.

I cant imagine how much it would cost him to trade up to a spot where Jack will be available

CBF

Ezekiel Elliott, with McCoy turning 28 and having some injury issues last year and Karlos Williams having shoulder, knee and concussion issues last year himself, I would be surprised if Zeke was there and surprised if they took him, yet not shocked.

nah, smokescreen IMO. They want someone to trade up for him, IMO. They did the same thing with Bryce Petty last year, trying to seem all interested in him. Jmo of course. Then again I'm not a fan of any of these QBs really in the 1st round.

Plus you give Rex a few hours with a guy that might be the jets qb (or anotherAFC rival)

Plus you give Rex a few hours with a guy that might be the jets qb (or anotherAFC rival)

My thoughts as well. BB is famous for bringing in QBs he has no intention of drafting in order to pick their brains.

Hackenburg wouldn't shock me but it would sadden me. That would be a homer pick by Terry and I want to believe Whaley gets to do his job without interference.

Ezekiel Elliot would shock me as RB is one of the positions we have depth in. That said I don't think he will be there.

Shocking pick to me would be any QB. With the needs on D and OL (I can't believe I am about to say this about the Bills) a qb would be a luxury pick. I don't see much difference between Lynch and the others projected to go much later.

To truly be a shocking pick it would be determined by who is still on the board @ #19. Just like when we took Whitner instead of Ngata. A situation like that. I think an OT in the 1st would be surprising with the needs this team has on defense, but Whaley has already said that BPA trumps team need so we will see.

Ezekiel Elliott, with McCoy turning 28 and having some injury issues last year and Karlos Williams having shoulder, knee and concussion issues last year himself, I would be surprised if Zeke was there and surprised if they took him, yet not shocked.

I could never be surprised by the Bills drafting a RB or DB in the first round.