Who would surprise you as the Bills 1st round pick?

Sorry, I couldn't think of a better way to title this. I don't mean some guy projected to go in the 7th or undrafted. I am talking about a guy like Darby last year. Not many people were talking about him but it made sense. Obviously Rankins, Nkemdiche, Spence, Butler, Ragland, and Lee are names that we see a lot of. Who is a guy that they either take at 19 (or up or back) that would really surprise you?

For me I am thinking William Jackson III. I have yet to see his name linked to the Bills but if they don't think that they will get Gilmore extended it makes sense. You can either trade Gilmore or use his cap space elsewhere next year. I don't see it as likely but the point of the thread is an unlikely 1st rounder.

Jackson would not surprise me.........apparently quite a few of us think he's the best corner and the boundary CB's are the most important players in RR defense.

Gilmore is a very good player but giving him close to $15M per year would be a tough decision given his injury history and lack of awareness at times.

IMO it is imperative that they have the franchise tag free to use on Tyrod next offseason and I'm starting to doubt that they can get Glenn AND Gilmore locked up before then.

Glenn could fail but I think he's a safer bet to play close to his contract value for the length of a new contract.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already stated numerous times: Josh Doctson

I would be very surprised if they picked a WR, but Doctson makes so much sense.

Perhaps a tad early for Doctson, but it'd be a quality pick for a big need. I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Bills wouldn't have taken such a risk on a player like Harvin if they weren't aware of the need.

Jaylen Smith

Agreed. Top talent who's likely going to be redshirted his first season. I just don't see the Bills taking a guy who can't contribute right away with 19. Smith could really tumble.

Any QB or WR would surprise me the most...

WR wouldn't except that this isn't a great draft for them and BPA is likely to be at another position. If the right QB is there it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Ezekiel Elliot

Yeah. I don't expect him to make it to 19 and even if he did I don't see the Bills making another huge investment in a RB. Edited by BarleyNY

Any offensive player will surprise me, knowing Ryan's obsession with defense.

well, he is a DC....wouldn't that follow......be funny if he was obsessed with offense........and Whaley makes the picks, not Ryan..