No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

I think this is an ideal situation. We have an unproven QB coming off a surprisingly good season. We have the convenient excuse of cap issues. We get to let him play another year on a favorable deal, one that he signed months ago, and see what we have. The risk is that he might have a great season and then might become spiteful and then might choose to play with another team?

That doesn't sound like much of a risk compared to being shackled to another guy who isn't the answer for 5 more seasons.

and this.

seems simple enough to me. but thats just me. simple

The agent should be pissed at himself for negotiating such a bad contract for his client.

The agent certainly is showing remorse, in hindsight and in very poor form btw

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is an ideal situation. We have an unproven QB coming off a surprisingly good season. We have the convenient excuse of cap issues. We get to let him play another year on a favorable deal, one that he signed months ago, and see what we have. The risk is that he might have a great season and then might become spiteful and then might choose to play with another team?

That doesn't sound like much of a risk compared to being shackled to another guy who isn't the answer for 5 more seasons.

this is kind of the exact situation that a lot of teams love. cheap qb playing well? lets complain that we arent paying him enough!

The agent certainly is showing remorse, in hindsight and in very poor form btw

I can understand him looking at BO's idiotic deal and wanting TT to get his share. But the "31 other teams" comment was a dick move.

But no matter. TT will play this year under his current contract and if he deserves it, a contract extension will be offered. If they don't take it, he'll be franchise and possibly traded.

This sort of reminds me of pro wrestling. The agent is basically the heal trying to get the fans all worked up. The fans are actually falling for it!! Instead of saying "the people of _______ city are ugly and poor" and everyone in the crowd booing, he is saying "if ______ team doesn't appreciate ______ QB 31 other teams will!!" Then we boo. Everyone needs to RELAX. He is just trying to negotiate the best deal for his client. This isn't even a small issue. It is nothing.

(Skip to 1:15) Edited by Kirby Jackson

@jchenelly

Unfortunately, Tyrod Taylor's agent, Adisa Bakari, is notorious for causing rifts between his clients & their NFL teams. #BillsMafia #Bills

Not much criticism of Adisa Bakari in the media because he's a quote machine & leaks info, but he's a problem. #BillsMafia #Bills

Edited by YoloinOhio

@jchenelly

Unfortunately, Tyrod Taylor's agent, Adisa Bakari, is notorious for causing rifts between his clients & their NFL teams. #BillsMafia #Bills

Not much criticism of Adisa Bakari in the media because he's a quote machine & leaks info, but he's a problem. #BillsMafia #Bills

Interesting. The agent doesn't seem team-friendly. I recall Tyrod had issues with his agent after the draft.

What would be tough after this season is if Tyrod doesn't play like a hero or a heel, but has an inconsistent season. Then what? I'm sure his agent will still want a mega deal and someone will give him one so it will be tough on the Bills to make a call.

forget character - if he comes in out of sync or not looking ideal it will cost him money. i would be VERY surprised if he sits out anything for that reason. That he seems like a good guy with priorities in order, it helps add to that but his self interest right now is to be the best he can be in 2016. byrd plays hard ball and he can point to 4 years of play, tyrod cant.

byrd? wat u talkin bout willis? I think its in the teams best interest to make him show n prove. which I think he will. Go Tyrod. Go Bills! 2016 wild card birth! im drinkin the kooliad early no matter how much I dislike the Ryan hire.

A holdout doesn't really do anything for him.

The Bills don't really have the cap room to fit a reasonable extension cap hit under this year's cap, so the only reason to hold out would be to try force a trade to a team willing to pay him an Osweiler-like deal.

Even then, there's no guarantee that he'd get the deal he wants, and his new team would just as easily be able to tag him as Buffalo is next year.

Ill bet anyone on here he wont hold out or pout. hes got too much character for that, he knows he has to bring it this year if he wants the big pay day.

What would be tough after this season is if Tyrod doesn't play like a hero or a heel, but has an inconsistent season. Then what? I'm sure his agent will still want a mega deal and someone will give him one so it will be tough on the Bills to make a call.

If he has a so-so season, you let him go in FA, hope someone gives him a big deal, and the Bills get a 3rd round comp pick in 2018.

@jchenelly

Adisa Bakari's biggest clients: Antoine Bethea, Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte. Each had contract feuds led to each changing teams. #Bills

I kind of disagree with Chenelly here on MJD and Forte. Seems like both changed teams at the end of their careers as older RBs and Forte wasn't even offered a contract by the Bears before he left. He did sign an extension at one time. I know he started not showing up for team events last year when things got icy, but not sure if that was him or the agent. Either way it's not the same as a QB contract in his "prime."

Edited by YoloinOhio

This sort of reminds me of pro wrestling. The agent is basically the heal trying to get the fans all worked up. The fans are actually falling for it!! Instead of saying "the people of _______ city are ugly and poor" and everyone in the crowd booing, he is saying "if ______ team doesn't appreciate ______ QB 31 other teams will!!" Then we boo. Everyone needs to RELAX. He is just trying to negotiate the best deal for his client. This isn't even a small issue. It is nothing.

(Skip to 1:15)

Nothing like a good WWF wrestling clip from the 80's. This is a no brainer. I know people have talked about this to death. Simply the Bills have little risk, and TT if he can perform has a really nice payday in one year.

Everyone wins. Rush a deal and he moves to mediocrity, and we are stuck for a large deal and screw us in the cap for years. I would never do a deal early with him. If he kills it, he'll get his $17-18 mil a year with a nice guarantee.

The Bills need to seriously look at QBs to draft in early rounds; Manuel is obviously trade bait and they need someone who can learn fast in case TT''s demands via agent are unreasonable. Just because 1 team was willing to give a 4 year, $72 Million dollar does not mean that other teams will spend this much especially since for TT I think so many more pieces are necessary.

absolutely, like the first or second round.

i know we have many other needs...

but if TT gets injured.... and that likelihood is high, the season is OVER !!

that can't be said about any other player or position.

The Bills need to seriously look at QBs to draft in early rounds; Manuel is obviously trade bait and they need someone who can learn fast in case TT''s demands via agent are unreasonable. Just because 1 team was willing to give a 4 year, $72 Million dollar does not mean that other teams will spend this much especially since for TT I think so many more pieces are necessary.

You would get nothing for him in a trade

@jchenelly

Interesting coming from Chenelly. Has anyone figured out his exact relationship with the Pegulas/Bills?

To the contrary. If Matt Cassel can fetch a 5th round pick, then Manuel has trade value.

If Cassel can fetch a 5th, then Manuel is at least worth 4 boxes of popcorn and a goalpost pad.