No progress toward TT extension per Carucci; agent unhappy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@billsupdates

Why #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor would be wise to hold out for new contract http://ow.ly/ZQNDv

Again, it would be an all-time dumb move.

They can't give him the real big-money deal that he wants, so all holding out does is keep him away from his teammates and decrease his chances of repeating (forget improving) upon last year's relative success...that hurts his long-term prospects of getting the mega-deal.

The only reason to hold out would be to try to force a trade to a team that wants to pay him a huge deal now. If that team does exist, and they're willing to deal picks/players of value for him, then he and his agent need to make clear right now their intentions to hold out, because you are very unlikely to see that type of deal happen after the draft when teams have their plans in place.

Tbh I think he would be laughed at if he held out. If Russell Wilson had done it I would understand. In this case... It makes no sense. Earn a new contract.

And I didn't read the Fairburn article that I saw RTd by a few people, maybe he has his reasons, I'm not a Fairburn fan and assume it's just out there for clicks.

If Whaley hadn't botched salary cap management, it would be an obvious decision to work out some sort of extension this season.

OK

What player/players did the bills miss out on that has resulted in this bochery of cap mis managment.

Be specific

Or stop paroting this crap

Tbh I think he would be laughed at if he held out. If Russell Wilson had done it I would understand. In this case... It makes no sense. Earn a new contract.

And I didn't read the Fairburn article that I saw RTd by a few people, maybe he has his reasons, I'm not a Fairburn fan and assume it's just out there for clicks.

To me the thing that causes problem here is that COMPLETELY unearned contract to Osweiler

I think that is going to blow up in that teams face......

They need to just hold a back room deal where they shake hands on a new contract......as soon as next years cap money comes available.

They can't give him the real big-money deal that he wants, so all holding out does is keep him away from his teammates and decrease his chances of repeating (forget improving) upon last year's relative success...that hurts his long-term prospects of getting the mega-deal.

The only reason to hold out would be to try to force a trade to a team that wants to pay him a huge deal now. If that team does exist, and they're willing to deal picks/players of value for him, then he and his agent need to make clear right now their intentions to hold out, because you are very unlikely to see that type of deal happen after the draft when teams have their plans in place.

nailed it, again.

I think the Bills would want compensation for what he thinks he's worth, as well. So if he thinks he's a 18m a year QB, that's a high 1st round draft pick and then some. Is there a team willing to give that up and pay TT? I don't think there is a team out there willing to commit that to TT based on 1 season.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

OK

What player/players did the bills miss out on that has resulted in this bochery of cap mis managment.

Be specific

Or stop paroting this crap

To me the thing that causes problem here is that COMPLETELY unearned contract to Osweiler

They need to just hold a back room deal where they shake hands on a new contract......as soon as next years cap money comes available.

that is fine but I still think he would be laughed at. He had a nice first season. I would like him to be our starter. He hasn't earned a new contract yet. He didn't make the playoffs. He didn't have huge numbers. He's a pretty good nfl QB right now who has earned the starting job and will be paid like one if he plays like one consistently. No would laugh if he got paid after this season or even mid season but if he held out after what he's done/hasn't done I think he becomes a joke. Jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

Why would he be laughed at? The Bills don't have anything close to another credible option at QB, and if the Bills do poorly this year the GM and coach will both be fired. There is certainly an arguable case for holding out. Taylor holds some good cards.

Edited by dave mcbride

Why would he be laughed at? The Bills don't have anything close to another credible option at QB, and if the Bills do poorly this year the GM and coach will both be fired. There is certainly an arguable case for holding out. Taylor holds some good cards.

Because we can't extend him. He'd be hurting himself without a chance of it "working." He may have some good cards, but we're already all in. We can't go in more.

Edited by FireChan

Because we can't extend him. He'd be hurting himself without a chance of it "working." He may have some good cards, but we're already all in. We can't go in more.

The Bills certainly can extend him--there's always a way. He'd be more hurt by having a weak performance this season or by getting seriously injured (an all-too-real possibility in the NFL, particularly for players like him). Hence the desire to get the money now. Who can blame him for that?

It's worth reiterating that the Bills are a 5-11 team without him this coming season. There are no other options at QB, and they have no credible backup.

Edited by dave mcbride

The Bills certainly can extend him--there's always a way. He'd be more hurt by having a weak performance this season or by getting seriously injured (an all-too-real possibility in the NFL, particularly for players like him). Hence the desire to get the money now. Who can blame him for that?

It's worth reiterating that the Bills are a 5-11 team without him this coming season. There are no other options at QB, and they have no credible backup.

No, there's not. Show me how we can give him the money he wants in '16. Cut Gilmore, Kyle, Hughes and trade Sammy?

It's ridiculous. He can't be paid. He signed up for this. He will deal with it or demand a trade.

No, there's not. Show me how we can give him the money he wants in '16. Cut Gilmore, Kyle, Hughes and trade Sammy?

It's ridiculous. He can't be paid. He signed up for this. He will deal with it or demand a trade.

You're not being creative. Bear in mind that a functional QB is worth 2 or 3 Stephon Gilmores and perhaps 3 or 4 McCoys, as talented as those players may be. Without a QB, a team can't win consistently 98 percent of the time.

The whole "he signed up for this" is true, but that's not how the world works (and certainly, teams don't honor contracts). Basically, he's seriously underpaid and has some leverage.

I don't know if he'll hold out. In fact, I doubt that he will. But he has a real case and he holds good cards.

The difference is Osweiler was a free agent. You can't compare the situations. I mean you can, if you want, but Osweiler as a free agent can drive up his price by getting teams to bid against each other. Happens every year, a player gets overpaid for.

You're not being creative. Bear in mind that a functional QB is worth 2 or 3 Stephon Gilmores and perhaps 3 or 4 McCoys, as talented as those players may be. Without a QB, a team can't win consistently 98 percent of the time.

The whole "he signed up for this" is true, but that's not how the world works (and certainly, teams don't honor contracts). Basically, he's seriously underpaid and has some leverage.

I don't know if he'll hold out. In fact, I doubt that he will. But he has a real case and he holds good cards.

You still haven't shown me how it's possible.

Stop conflating. None of the rest matters. His "point," is irrelevant. His "case," is irrelevant. His "leverage," is nowhere where you think it is. He has no cards. If he holds out, he risks sucking next year. Good luck with that TT.

Because as good as I think TT played at QB last year.....he needs to keep biulding on that. You dont do that by not being out their leading your team, continuing to biuld that chemistry.

A hold out could HURT his progression.....and if that happens why in the world would we want to give him 18 plus million dollars

I am banking on the fact that Tyrod Taylor is not going to do any of this....he knows he is in a position where this could be HIS team for years to come....he has a phenominal talent in Sammy Watkins......almost everything in place to be the face of the franchise.

@billsupdates

Why #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor would be wise to hold out for new contract http://ow.ly/ZQNDv

He may not ever have the leverage he does right now again.

- probowl appearance

-solid yr 1 stats

- won more than lost

- bills literally have NOTHING else

- played almost the whole year and they lost at least one winnable game while he was out through catestrophicly bad QB play

- RG3 tops the list of available QB talent

- there will never be less of a playbook against him or film of him than there was last season

Face it in the NFL it's far more Likely he has a worse season than a better one this year. Plus if he lights it up, they can always go back again and ask for even more... I can see Tyrods camp having every reason to lock in guaranteed money now.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

So what you are saying is that we should hurt the team overall in other areas to be "creative" in extending him

That is going to go over real well in the locker room.....where this is supposed to be Tyrod's greatest attibutes. He has the respect of his team....christ even McCoy calls TT the "Prince of Buffalo"

He may not ever have the leverage he does right now again.

- probowl appearance

-solid yr 1 stats

- won more than lost

- bills literally have NOTHING else

- played almost the whole year and they lost at least one winnable game while he was out through catestrophicly bad QB play

- RG3 tops the list of available QB talent

- there will never be less of a playbook against him or film of him than there was last season

Face it in the NFL it's far more Likely he has a worse season than a better one this year. Plus if he lights it up, they can always go back again and ask for even more... I can see Tyrods camp having every reason to lock in guaranteed money now.

The Bills can't pay him given their cap situation.

The only reason to hold out would be to force a trade.

The Bills are unlikely to trade him, and other teams are unlikely to pony up the pick(s)/player(s) it would take to get him.

He can be tagged next offseason.

Holding out makes no sense.