Bills fire DL coach Karl Dunbar

CNY315

Pepper is the freaking man....

But I don't see how he comes back. IF he does maybe it's for huge $$ (relative to the position) but I doubt it at this point in the offseason.

You do NOT want to explain to Pepper why you're out there dogging it. The dude is intense and players respect him because of who he is.

he is under contract with another team. The Bills can't pursue him at all.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You call the D-line last year successful?

Look, I'm not going to absolve Rex and the scheme of all blame, but seriously, Mario calling it in and Kyle being out did not help.

2014 was successful. 2015 had successful moments when Rex allowed the DLine to play. He has pledged to eliminate this for 2016.

Rex can assemble the staff any way he wants. That's his prerogative as a HC. When the season is over he can't claim that he failed because his coaches and players didn't buy into his philosophy.

When you hire Rex you also get the vaudeville act. No more excuses.

I'm confused by some of the bashing of Rex of the firing when we don't know what it is for. The timing certainly isn't ideal, but as far as replacing him I would think people who think he's loyal to a fault would be encouraged by this move as Dunbar is one of his "cronies"...

Isn't he the guy who was seen telling Rex to challenge a couple of calls that were clearly not going to be changed? Curious to see if he lands another job in the NFL. That'll say a lot as to his coaching reputation.

6 pages for the firing of a coach who has never been mentioned here before!

Not really.

There was a definitely talk about him a year ago when Pepper was twisting in the wind, and then again in August when Dareus hinted that he and Dunbar didn't see eye to eye.

Isn't he the guy who was seen telling Rex to challenge a couple of calls that were clearly not going to be changed? Curious to see if he lands another job in the NFL. That'll say a lot as to his coaching reputation.

No, that was Chaplin Trapp

Not really.

There was a definitely talk about him a year ago when Pepper was twisting in the wind, and then again in August when Dareus hinted that he and Dunbar didn't see eye to eye.

No, that was Chaplin Trapp

i don't remember the Dareus-Dunbar stuff but that has been brought up a few times on Twitter. Maybe Whaley or Pegula suggested the change and Rex resisted for awhile and finally gave in... Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't remember the Dareus-Dunbar stuff but that has been brought up a few times on Twitter. Maybe Whaley or Pegula suggested the change and Rex resisted for awhile and finally gave in...

Then it's a problem between you and the topic starter

:bag:

I suspect that Weeks will be the new DL coach

Have you read collision low crossers? There's no way Weeks will be in charge of anything except holding Rex's headset and opening beers for the rest of the coaching staff during meetings. And if he is named the coach... just another horrible personnel decision by Rex.

Not for nothing, but Dunbar was the only coach on Rex's staff that Jets fans were sad to see go. So I'd wager this is in line with the rest of the shrewd moves this off-season.

Fret not folks, we still kept Dangerous Danny Crossman and the team chaplain/replay challenge extraordinaire!

Then it's a problem between you and the topic starter

:bag:

lol! That was a long time ago. I really didn't remember that! Good find. Off to read my posted article again...

Ok then...

Not that it has always been smooth as he transitions to a new scheme and another new coaching staff. Although Dareus calls playing for Ryan a dream come true, he admitted he is struggling a bit with how he is being guided by new defensive line coach Karl Dunbar.

Its just kind of a clash between the way I play and the way he coaches, Dareus said. And Im just trying to incorporate what he wants into what I do to kind of just make it work so I can do what I know he wants and make it work for me as well. Were just trying to fit the puzzle pieces right now.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/01/bills-dareus-on-verge-of-big-payday/ Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm confused by some of the bashing of Rex of the firing when we don't know what it is for. The timing certainly isn't ideal, but as far as replacing him I would think people who think he's loyal to a fault would be encouraged by this move as Dunbar is one of his "cronies"...

If he was a crony, he was a good crony and Rex is an idiot for firing him. If he wasn't a crony, then Rex is the ultimate player in nepotism, and does it to the detriment of the team.

They make it up as they go along. It happens with agendas. :bag: