[Misleading Title]Emotions aside...

Would you keep Kyle on the roster for his cap hit vs. his dead money? If the team cuts him they trim 5 million off the cap. Does he fit? Do you trust his health? Would you force a restructure? If not would you release him?

5 million in savings ...that is tempting, you could bring in Harrison for similar money and he is a better fit.

Who are you finding for that $5M that'll be better than Kyle? I think he's gotta stay for at least this season. Signing Gilmore and Glenn to long term deals should free up about that much this season. That's where I'd be focused.

Since it's going to be in the 3-4 I would go with the cut party because you already have Dareus and if they get Nkemdiche their D-line will be back at the top in the league. lots of cap struggles gotta have some heart strings pulled

Edited by section122hero

I think you're underestimating the decline of our defense whenever he's out.

Agreed. Said this in another thread, but before he went out, opponents were held below 100 yards in four out of six games, and the highest total was 112. In the remaining 10 games, they held opponents under 100 yards once, and every game but two were higher than 112.

Agreed. Said this in another thread, but before he went out, opponents were held below 100 yards in four out of six games, and the highest total was 112. In the remaining 10 games, they held opponents under 100 yards once, and every game but two were higher than 112.

There's no question that he's one of the best defensive tackles in the league negatively effecting the opponents run game.

I think you're underestimating the decline of our defense whenever he's out.

Hmm could be. he's a great player.

I do think we could do okay replacing him with Bryant and get better at critical positions for our scheme, like linebacker, offensive line and cornerback.

I'd be focused on linebacker to make this defense better, those are the guys free to make plays and we're at a loss.

Edited by Aaron

I think every Bills fan appreciates how good Kyle Williams is and what he brings to the team every week he played, and while we aren't in the locker room, you could see his teammates respect for him on the sideline and when they spoke about him. With that said, however, I think his skill set is better suited on a team with a 4-3 base alignment and with the (perceived) depth at DT in this upcoming draft, his snaps could be replaced with a lower salary rookie. The 5 mil cap space could go towards locking up Gilmore/Glenn and eventually Tyrod. It makes sense financially and for the long term success of the team/young players, but it'd suck to see him leave and us make the playoffs.

Would you keep Kyle on the roster for his cap hit vs. his dead money? If the team cuts him they trim 5 million off the cap. Does he fit? Do you trust his health? Would you force a restructure? If not would you release him?

5 million in savings ...that is tempting, you could bring in Harrison for similar money and he is a better fit.

Kyle must stay till he retires

Sure, cut one of the few guys that bleed Bills colors.And is a very good player. let's revuild the whole D-line too.

it's hard to keep all the "elite" talent on the team. i keep reading the Bills have Producing a record that

gravitates from 7-9 to 9-7. it's always hard to keep these dominating teams together. Even if you're paying

various QB's since Fitz chump change. Cutting Kyle is full out insane. Whaley has to be smarter than that.

cannot wait for Pegula to wake up and the end of 16.

And finally get the broom out. Then Start another full blown rebuild.

Hmm could be. he's a great player.

I do think we could do okay replacing him with Bryant and get better at critical positions for our scheme, like linebacker, offensive line and cornerback.

I'd be focused on linebacker to make this defense better, those are the guys free to make plays and we're at a loss.

I could see you thinking Kyle may not be able to be what he once was - but Bryant is no replacement for him. Linebackers absolutely have to have excellent tackle play to do well.

If we could replace Williams for Harrison I'd do it in a New York minute as he's younger and of course a better scheme fit etc.

Edited by The Jokeman

So 2 years ago the only thing going for us was we had arguably the best D-Line in the league. 3 pro bowlers and that didn't even include our sack leader/best pass rusher! So what do we do? Let's blow it up and start from scratch!

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.<br /><br />The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.<br /><br />Thank you.

Who are you finding for that $5M that'll be better than Kyle? I think he's gotta stay for at least this season. Signing Gilmore and Glenn to long term deals should free up about that much this season. That's where I'd be focused.

This...

So 2 years ago the only thing going for us was we had arguably the best D-Line in the league. 3 pro bowlers and that didn't even include our sack leader/best pass rusher! So what do we do? Let's blow it up and start from scratch!

Thats what happens when you hire a coach who runs a two gap scheme when your forte is your DL who dominate in a one gap scheme. As much as I love Kyle and as dominant as he is crashing through a gap and disrupting the play, hes not a two gap player.

You think this is frusterating? Wait until we jettison all these guys, finally have the players to run this scheme but fire Rex and hire a guy who runs a 4-3 two gap scheme and have to do it all over again. This treadmill is what has kept us in playoff purgatory for 16 year.

Who's leading this team out of the tunnel on game days? Why do we think he can't play 2 gaps? The guys much stronger and quicker than people give him credit for.

We also don't have a replacement at nose tackle. In fact - we have to tender all of the depth linemen we have, so they are all a little bit more expensive than they were a year ago. And signing a free agent with that 5 mil will cost us down the line - since we'd have to front load the bonus money.

We rid ourselves of Mario because 12 mil in cap savings is what we needed to sign Glenn. That's not even mentioning that in 16 games he had very little production.

We already need new linebackers, and a pass rusher. Probably a safety. Some depth at corner. Have to pay our right corner and LT. Oh and our LG.

Why not add nose tackle to the growing list of replacements? We already have 13 million in dead money into this years cap, and only carried over 4.5... whats another 3?

If you think he can at all be a solid contributor for you this year - you keep him. 100%.