Are we actually considering Harvin????

OMG! Why do teams keep falling for this guy? He has little man syndrome and can't stay healthy. He potential might have quit on us last year. Since the best season of his career in 2011, he has averaged like 300 yards a season.

I love Whaley but I seriously would question his judgment if we give his guy money.

and they seemed to have the most chemistry right out of the gate.

fact. Favorite target easily

If he is healthy and I mean 100% I want him in Buffalo.

what happens when the 4th game he is injured for the season and we have to call up a PS guy ?

to me, that is the risk. not the money so much

I would be heavily in favor of signing Mohamed Sanu in FA...if he'll come for $3M/year or less. He's got size, speed, and versatility. He can play in the slot, on the boundary, and in unique sub-packages (i.e. he can take QB snaps in the wildcat).

Perfect fit in a Roman offense.

i would prefer this. Good choice !!

Edited by 3rdand12

I would be heavily in favor of signing Mohamed Sanu in FA...if he'll come for $3M/year or less. He's got size, speed, and versatility. He can play in the slot, on the boundary, and in unique sub-packages (i.e. he can take QB snaps in the wildcat).

Perfect fit in a Roman offense.

I would totally take Sanu. Unfortunately, it seems like he is a fit for Cleveland unless we want to overpay.

The Harvin love blows my mind.

It just feels like we don't have the money to get an impact player at this position. I would be in favor of Harvin if he's cheap. What's the worst? We're back with Robert Woods as a #2? I think we'll draft someone early too. When he did play, it was hugely helpful for Sammy and the others- think first Miami game.

Oh and the fact that he punched Golden Tate in the face makes me like him even more. If only he could get to Trump and Kanye now.....

He did that for Russell because Russell is a pacifist and Tate was screwing his then wife.

The problem is, even if he starts the season healthy he's going to get tackled. In flag football, he's probably a HOF player.

They need a real #2 WR.

yep. We need a #2. But Harvin as a #4? #5? Flat out keep him on the bench until we need the 4th guy. Put him out there for maybe 6-8 snaps a game. Very limited. 2-3 targets a game. As a #4 as a twins outside wr. Wow. I want that

I would totally take Sanu. Unfortunately, it seems like he is a fit for Cleveland unless we want to overpay.

The Harvin love blows my mind.

well, not sure its all that 97.

the guy can ball when on the field is all

Harvin is a great player with serious health issues. Write a contract that is appropriate for a guy with his history of missing games and get the dude in camp.

Stop saying its a waste of money when you don't know what the money is. He's a perfect incentive based contract guy. He freaks out cb's with that burst, they play wayyyy back on percy and he can stop on a dime for that 6 yard 1st down catch too.

When you don't have unlimited roster space and will probably keep only 5 or 6 WRs, it's hard to substantiate having an unreliable player like Harvin, especially when you also have another WR like Goodwin who also struggles to stay healthy.

I'm still on board with him coming back if we can get him for super cheap. We just need to be smart with how we use him. Play him in games where we need the extra weapon, let him rest in other games where we have mismatches elsewhere. Be smart with him, and I think he can be plenty successful here.

When you don't have unlimited roster space and will probably keep only 5 or 6 WRs, it's hard to substantiate having an unreliable player like Harvin, especially when you also have another WR like Goodwin who also struggles to stay healthy.

i would prefer Harvin then. and i really like Goodwin but i think that ship has sailed with his Olympic commitment.

I hate to dedicate a roster spot to a health risk too.

That is why i said he better be 100% cleared by the doctors before even thinking about a minimal contract

I'm still on board with him coming back if we can get him for super cheap. We just need to be smart with how we use him. Play him in games where we need the extra weapon, let him rest in other games where we have mismatches elsewhere. Be smart with him, and I think he can be plenty successful here.

Can teams really afford to do that though?

I mean what does Sammy think about that? Or Robert who has to grind with blocking most of the game and takes a beating.

i would prefer Harvin then. and i really like Goodwin but i think that ship has sailed with his Olympic commitment.

I hate to dedicate a roster spot to a health risk too.

That is why i said he better be 100% cleared by the doctors before even thinking about a minimal contract

Can teams really afford to do that though?

I mean what does Sammy think about that? Or Robert who has to grind with blocking most of the game and takes a beating.

Loads of teams have risky players that they manage. Hell, we've been doing that with Goodwin since he came into the league... though most of the time they miss the game due to being on the injury report, or something, not just 'we're resting him', since I'm not sure how that works with the NFL's rules.

Loads of teams have risky players that they manage. Hell, we've been doing that with Goodwin since he came into the league... though most of the time they miss the game due to being on the injury report, or something, not just 'we're resting him', since I'm not sure how that works with the NFL's rules.

I think that is something the Bills need to manage better honestly. you cannot have both Goodwin and Harvin on the team because of the propensity for injury and lost time.

According to WGR Sal Carpaccio the Bills are considering resigning Percy Harvin in an effort to support Sammy.

WHAT? Harvin has disappointed every team he has ever played on. I am not knowledgeable enough to determine why Seattle cut his a?? in mid season, or why he failed to complete his Jets Season 2 years ago, or why the best special teams player in the NFC was sent packing but my guess would be more mental illness than physical. He has a history of failing teammates and teams at the most sensitive of times. That may be uncontrollable by PH, but when he is on your team it is always the shoe you are waiting to drop.

IMHO his history speaks loudly and we should not be considering keeping this problem. We are not in the business of healing lost souls. If he had injured his leg and was not capable of making cuts to the left we would not be having this conversation.

What say you?

IMO we are considering resigning him like we considered restructuring Mario.

If I am wrong and we sign him I hate the signing!

As long as it's for the Vet minimum and they draft another guy to go along with the rest I would be alright with that.

He should not be signed unless he is signed after week 1 so the team has option of cutting him whenever healthy and not paying for full season.

If he wants to come to Bills training camp fine, I could see him doing that since he and WR coach seem to work well together, but GM tells him ahead of time you will be cut and resigned week 2 if you are doing well in camp.

The problem is not only the money, it's also a roster spot. If he signs and stays healthy through pre-season he is on the opening day roster. But once he gets hurt he will have wasted a spot that could go to a young prospect or a contributing player.

Percy was terrific in the first month of the season. The Fish could absolutely not cover him on 3rd down in that early season game. But, he's just too unreliable to waste a roster spot, even at a reduced contract.

I am tired of watching meaningless December games with 15 guys that weren't on the opening day roster. Why sign up for a guy that you can almost guarantee will not finish the season.

He should not be signed unless he is signed after week 1 so the team has option of cutting him whenever healthy and not paying for full season.

If he wants to come to Bills training camp fine, I could see him doing that since he and WR coach seem to work well together, but GM tells him ahead of time you will be cut and resigned week 2 if you are doing well in camp.

I'm sure he wont be that desperate for work.

I swear I'm taking crazy pills! People still believe in Harvin?!?! What is going on. Dude has been stealing money since 2011. So overrated.

I'm with ya, have zero interest in him and he was a good player for one season with farve in Minnesota a long time ago.

I'm with taking a stab at Sanu as well as drafting one of the top 5 wideouts in this draft.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Don't care either way. He's great when healthy. Just don't give him a big contract and have a backup plan. Easy enough, right?

sounds like a great plan. If we can get him on a decent contract, and draft another WR, I think we are okay. Imagine if Harvin is healthy, Watkins healthy, and we get a decent 4th round WR.

What did he ever contribute last year?

He was awfully good the first few weeks of the season.

But he really needs to retire. Does anyone think he has been focused and working hard on coming back better than ever this off season while considering retirement? And then there are his injury concerns. In the NFL you've got to be 100% or you're better off not showing up.