Are we actually considering Harvin????

According to WGR Sal Carpaccio the Bills are considering resigning Percy Harvin in an effort to support Sammy.

WHAT? Harvin has disappointed every team he has ever played on. I am not knowledgeable enough to determine why Seattle cut his a?? in mid season, or why he failed to complete his Jets Season 2 years ago, or why the best special teams player in the NFC was sent packing but my guess would be more mental illness than physical. He has a history of failing teammates and teams at the most sensitive of times. That may be uncontrollable by PH, but when he is on your team it is always the shoe you are waiting to drop.

IMHO his history speaks loudly and we should not be considering keeping this problem. We are not in the business of healing lost souls. If he had injured his leg and was not capable of making cuts to the left we would not be having this conversation.

What say you?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer your questions, he wasn't cut by Seattle. He was traded, because he was causing problems by complaining that he wasn't used effectively enough as a WR early in the 2014 season and allegedly punched Golden Tate in the face during Super Bowl week. He didn't finish the season with the Jets because he got hurt. He got traded by the Vikes because they got a great offer from Seattle and he was unreliable and a literal headache with migraines, etc.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I can't believe that the possibility of re-signing Harvin is on the Bills' radar. Signing him last year was stupid, but re-signing him would be unforgivable. I know some people will throw around stipulations like "incentive based", "cheap" and "at the right price" - and a case can be made for that kind of deal, but no way do I want him on the team. He has done nothing but make teams regret having him on their roster. Mario has gotten a lot of grief for "quitting" on the team for dogging it on the field. How can anyone upset about that want to put the guy who quit and went home back on the team?

I can't believe that the possibility of re-signing Harvin is on the Bills' radar. Signing him last year was stupid, but re-signing him would be unforgivable. I know some people will throw around stipulations like "incentive based", "cheap" and "at the right price" - and a case can be made for that kind of deal, but no way do I want him on the team. He has done nothing but make teams regret having him on their roster. Mario has gotten a lot of grief for "quitting" on the team for dogging it on the field. How can anyone upset about that want to put the guy who quit and went home back on the team?

This is the Bills FO. What else could be expected?

This is the Bills FO. What else could be expected?

This is rather sad, but true.

He played in only 5 games last year before his injury and 13 games the year before that with the same injury. An ongoing thing that hasn't fully healed? One game the year before that and 9 games the year before that.

So, out of the last 64 games he has played in only 28 games.

I'd pass.

Harvin is a great player with serious health issues. Write a contract that is appropriate for a guy with his history of missing games and get the dude in camp.

Stop saying its a waste of money when you don't know what the money is. He's a perfect incentive based contract guy. He freaks out cb's with that burst, they play wayyyy back on percy and he can stop on a dime for that 6 yard 1st down catch too.

Harvin is a great player with serious health issues. Write a contract that is appropriate for a guy with his history of missing games and get the dude in camp.

Stop saying its a waste of money when you don't know what the money is. He's a perfect incentive based contract guy. He freaks out cb's with that burst, they play wayyyy back on percy and he can stop on a dime for that 6 yard 1st down catch too.

that's a good assessment IMO. We don't know if they will sign him and for what. He's certainly worth a small deal, and the structure theoretically could be like what Miami gave Jordan Cameron last year who also had health issues. I believe he was paid per game played. If he was hurt and didn't play in a game he wasn't paid. It's hard to get an agent to agree to that but it all depends on what other teams are or aren't offering. In Jordan Cameron's case there appeared to be little interest in him around the league due to his injury history so he accepted the contract with Miami. That could happen here too.

As long as we put controls in place so we have no risk, nothing more than the minimum and no guarantees, bringing him into camp is not a big deal. We lose next to nothing, and if he performs, great.

Anything more is a mistake. Too bad such a talented person has been so riddled with injuries.