Deflategate '16

4 games this season is better than 4 last season.

Brady turns 39 this summer.

The Bills stand to benefit more this season from a 4 game Brady absence than last, plus the fresh young faced Garappolo coming in and doing well will cause chaos there.

If he stinks and they start 0-4 that's even better!

Missing Brady for 4 games will seriously hurt their chances of being in the SB this year. Next year he will be 40.

Father Time has a big "1" in the loss column so far with Brady. Now that he's done with Manning's career I hear he has some free time.

Very funny. Time stands still for no man.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 games this season is better than 4 last season.

Brady turns 39 this summer.

The Bills stand to benefit more this season from a 4 game Brady absence than last, plus the fresh young faced Garappolo coming in and doing well will cause chaos there.

If he stinks and they start 0-4 that's even better!

Missing Brady for 4 games will seriously hurt their chances of being in the SB this year. Next year he will be 40.

Father Time has a big "1" in the loss column so far with Brady. Now that he's done with Manning's career I hear he has some free time.

Word.

It's always been so critical for them to get home field to play playoff games in the palace of cheating. 4 games without Brady hurts that

They aren't to consider this in their judgment. They cannot determine guilt or innocence. They are only to consider whether the previous judge was correct in reversing the suspension based on the CBA and previous NFL precedent for this type of offense.

I know, but I have no doubt that this is in the backs of their minds.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting and fairly-thorough article by Andrew Brandt of Peter King's MMQB on what to expect next in the deflategate litigation. He predicts a decision by the end of April based on the Second Circuit case load, and a ruling in favor of the NFL based on the Second Circuit argument. (But with the customary disclaimer that you can never tell how a panel will rule until the decision comes down). On the downside, he suggests the NFL might budge on the Brady punishment if it meant leaving in place a decision affirming its broad powers under the CBA. (The article was written shortly before Goodell's recent response to Kraft's request for reinstatement of the Patriots' draft picks). On the downside, he notes the whole thing could take another year or more if the losing side asks for rehearing in the Second Circuit and/or makes a petition for the Supreme Court to grant discretionary review. And, of course, Brady would certainly request a further suspension of his punishment if he appeals a loss in the Second Circuit.

I agree with most of Brandt's conclusions, but I tend to think the NFL would hold tight on the Brady punishment after all the hits it has taken over the destruction of evidence following its videogate decision.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/17/nfl-brady-deflategate-appeal-suspension-decision

• 2 weeks later...

"Intentional infliction of emotional distress?"

Seriously? Who's representing these dipshits? Saul Goodman?

Hilarious!!
Beside myself! Just a disappointing , slow head twisting side to side. But, a little smile for the Pats ** fans being even dumber than EVER before. Oddly, this sort of pleases me.

Like I said... just another step.

Say the NFL wins this round.

Then Brady appeals the appeal. Then he wins. Then the NFL appeals the appeal of the appeal.

This is not going to end anytime soon.

There won't be an appeal after this decision. The next level up is the US Supreme Court and they will never hear this case.

There won't be an appeal after this decision. The next level up is the US Supreme Court and they will never hear this case.

So win now. Please. I like the idea of Brady getting banged up for 4 more games, but I'd prefer he be punished by the league for what he's done.

Patriots fans and Florio still thinking the Pats*** organization got slapped because of deflated footballs, I see. Way to miss the point.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, the problem is that Good Ole Rog stated it that way--that it was clearly a scheme to deflate footballs; he made no mention of failure to cooperate, destroying evidence, and lying during questioning being part of the equation. Had he done so, it would've been a lot easier to get the punishment to stick through the appeal process.