Deflategate '16

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifetime ban.

(fingers crossed)

Please make it so. Dear God end our torture.

Karma has to exist right?

On a side note what's up with a story I heard that the pats* are skirting the salary cap and paying Brady more than his contract but funneling the money into a sham business or something. Nothing would surprise me from those scumbag crooks.

Please make it so. Dear God end our torture.

Karma has to exist right?

On a side note what's up with a story I heard that the pats* are skirting the salary cap and paying Brady more than his contract but funneling the money into a sham business or something. Nothing would surprise me from those scumbag crooks.

Link? Or just rumor at this point? I don't doubt you, I would just like ammo to throw at the chowderheads.

Link? Or just rumor at this point? I don't doubt you, I would just like ammo to throw at the chowderheads.

im assuming its the story that was something along the lines of the team paying bradys personal trainer/giving him a room at the stadium?

That federal judges aren't permitted to reverse labor arbitration decisions outside clear and direct evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the arbitration itself.

Huh? Criminal wrongdoing in an arbitration?

Anyway, the NFL will argue that Goodell righteously enforced article 46 of the CBA as the NFLPA agreed to.

The NFLPA will argue that Goodell's decision was against precedent for ball tampering and also the "did not warn Brady he could be suspended for deflating balls" was a point (among several) that de-legitimizes the suspension.

That federal judges aren't permitted to reverse labor arbitration decisions outside clear and direct evidence of criminal wrongdoing in the arbitration itself.

This time I can call you an idiot. Criminal wrongdoing?

The standard could include that but certainly is not that limited. While you are correct that court action in arbitration awards is rare it does happen for reasons beyond what you articulate. Courts can and have intervened where the arbitrator is shown not to be a neutral third party, They also step in if the arbitrator fails to decide on the issue presented (or in the even more unlikely scenario that the arbitrator's decision covers far more than the issue in front of her/him). There is also some latitude, though not absolute, that the courts will intervene if the decision is outside of the law, criminal or otherwise.

But Mr. WEO :wub: Brady and all the Pats*. Shouldn't the judge be allowed to take that into account?

The NFL is looking really pathetic at this point. You tried, you failed miserably, just stop it.

I think it's about more than trying to get Brady suspended.

Berman pretty much said "Hey, you know that binding arbitration you negotiated for? And the ability to act as a disciplinarian? You don't have that, thanks 'k bye."

As it stands, it seriously limits the league's power, and is going to be the rallying cry for every player who ever gets suspended. So of course they are going to try.