Bills "frustrated" with Incognito contract demands*SIGNED*

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, I hope he stays. Personally, I think they will end up overpaying for Cordy and lose Incognito. I personally would try to lock Richie up for 3yrs 7-7.5m. And I would offer Glenn somewhere around $9. I don't think he's worth more than that.

That's way too much for Incognito and not enough for Glenn. Glenn is going to cost in the neighborhood of 12 million per year. Incognito is worth 5. He's probably asking for where you have him valued.

Imagine if both Incognito and Glenn sign elsewhere. The line would be like a doughnut hole; a center with nothing around it.

I don't thing that would happen but you would have to see who they replaced them with and at what cost

theoretical, they sign Boone and draft a left tackle in round one , with the money they save they sign Snacks and a solid edge defender , is the team better or worse ?

Imagine if both Incognito and Glenn sign elsewhere. The line would be like a doughnut hole; a center with nothing around it.

that is a possiblilty.....unlikely....but possible

neither are going to sign before F/A.....why should they.

the bills are going to tag Glenn( update PFT reporting tagged).....probably non exclusive.....if he does get a high offer sheet, bills may elect to not match and take the 2 first round picks.

Richie is going to wherever the highest GUARANTEED money is...... this is his last deal.....it may not be here.

Edited by papazoid

everyone must have known this would get spun.

Create conflict media,just awesome!

Who was the source. Lets guess?

and not unreasonable. He earned whatever he gets.

But i sure Bills and Richie find common ground here.

probably... he's not getting big multi year deal anywhere else, or maybe he will... well... personally , i would lock up the O Line and the D Backs. cut everyone else to get to the cap number... cut Mario, McFumble, Boobie, anything else not nailed down. keep the core, restructure Shady, do something

home town discounts are a joke, none of these guys live or will live anywhere near WNY

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

He'd be a fool not to go for the best deal he can get. He lost a year of wages due to the Martin and Miami drama that unfairly characterized him. It resulted in him being blackballed from the league. He signed a one year deal with the Bills that worked out well not only for him but also for the team. He not only played at an all-pro level he was also our best lineman.

RI is at the later stage of his career. This is his last big money contract. I'm sure he would like to return to the Bills if their offer was in the vicinity of what other teams are offering. But no one can begrudge him for looking out for his own interest.

they can if they work it right and he's asking for what he's really worth - but - he could be pricing himself too high for his actual value. Another team with cap to burn and the need to hit the minimum spending could put together a deal way bigger than the Bills could (or should). Still sucks either way.

yes, once I have a chance to change my profile pic. Really, he's always lurking...

You bet I am.

Good teams don't pay 33 year old free agents big money or give them long term deals- sorry. At this point he is worth barely over the league minimum, despite his awesome year last year.

very true. The Steelers never do this (give risky and older FA's long term money). It's worked well for them, and they've let some good players/fan fav's go. Pay him what you (the Bills) think he is worth (I'd say more than league min), or let him test FA. In the meantime, try to sign a replacement.

Hindsight is 20/20 but the guy was 32 last year and being black balled from the league...Whaley and Co. were confident enough in bringing him in...Why wouldn't they have had a team option or 2nd year in place on his deal?

Same concept as the Harvin deal just different $. Now you have your LT on the TAG and your aging left guard holding you by the balls and reaching in your wallet.

Edited by Commonsense