Embassy Suites vs Courtyard Marriott

john_bult

Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Hotel

• Embassy Suites
    • Courtyard Marriott Downtown

I know it is very early before tickets are released, but I would like to have an idea on where to stay. I have narrowed it down to Courtyard Marriott Downtown Buffalo or Embassy Suites. I didn't like the Adams Mark last year, and some people said the Hyatt wasn't as nice as others, and the Hilton Garden looks eh. So between the Courtyard Marriott or the Embassy Suites since they both cost the same, where would you rather stay?

No contest: embassy by a mile. Only place I stay now. Huge rooms at decent price. Free breakfast, which is beyond clutch before a day of tailgating at the Ralph.

Set back from chip just enough where it's walkable, but you don't get the noise all night if you turn in before 2 am.

Better location overall. Walkable to Allen Town too. The courtyard is closer to First Niagara, but less going on down there outside of a Sabres game.

Hit me up for the opener and I'll buy you a drink!

Always ESuites... Especially for out of town Bills games! Included breakfast and happy hour... Been using them for many years... Gr8 with the family, because there is always a hide-a-bed... Basically only place we stay when there is one... Last one we stayed @ was the SanFran Airport on our way our up to Squaw Valley in December. Used it as a base camp for three days prior to the week up @ Squaw Creek and the three days after and before the flight out. Only bad thing, I think parking isn't free @ many ESuites... But I usually package the cost in. I think the SanFran trip I snuck the Jeep Grand Cherokee into the parking lot without paying... LMAO, I drove over a downed barrier... Hey their loss... :pirate::pirate:

And yes... I always tip the omelet man in the morning! :lol: But parking... Hmmmm... :bag:

I think we stayed @ Courtyard last year in Wausau, Wisconsin on the way to the Apostle Islands... I don't think breakfast is free and no free happy hour. That is always a deal breaker! But Courtyard seems nice and trendy... Least you don't have to deal with the brutal free breakfast scene you get @ the ES from time to time!

There is an Embassy Suites in lots of towns littering my phone contacts... From Deerfield Beach FLA to S.Frisco. Now games in BFLo? I just stay @ my parents house (home I grew up in)... :D

Just my 2 cents... :bag:

No contest: embassy by a mile. Only place I stay now. Huge rooms at decent price. Free breakfast, which is beyond clutch before a day of tailgating at the Ralph.

Set back from chip just enough where it's walkable, but you don't get the noise all night if you turn in before 2 am.

Better location overall. Walkable to Allen Town too. The courtyard is closer to First Niagara, but less going on down there outside of a Sabres game.

Hit me up for the opener and I'll buy you a drink!

Stay at the ES and the drink is free during their complimentary nightly happy hour (Manager's Meet and Greet)! :nana:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If the room rates are equal, I'd choose Embassy Suites. I wouldn't pay too much more for their included breakfast... it is a hassle having to deal with the crowds and the food quality is rarely very good (although it's better than the Hampton breakfast).

If, say, the Courtyard was $10 less per night, I'd go that route. Otherwise, I'd choose the ES.

If the room rates are equal, I'd choose Embassy Suites. I wouldn't pay too much more for their included breakfast... it is a hassle having to deal with the crowds and the food quality is rarely very good (although it's better than the Hampton breakfast).

If, say, the Courtyard was $10 less per night, I'd go that route. Otherwise, I'd choose the ES.

Yeah... But breakfast for a family of four can get pricey... I have a 17 year old son that can chow down on a ton of food! Like he has a hollow leg or something! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I just unleash him onto the hoards @ the Embassy Suites in the morning! If I can get his lazy ass out of bed! :D

Always ESuites... Especially for out of town Bills games! Included breakfast and happy hour... Been using them for many years... Gr8 with the family, because there is always a hide-a-bed... Basically only place we stay when there is one... Last one we stayed @ was the SanFran Airport on our way our up to Squaw Valley in December. Used it as a base camp for three days prior to the week up @ Squaw Creek and the three days after and before the flight out. Only bad thing, I think parking isn't free @ many ESuites... But I usually package the cost in. I think the SanFran trip I snuck the Jeep Grand Cherokee into the parking lot without paying... LMAO, I drove over a downed barrier... Hey their loss... :pirate::pirate:

And yes... I always tip the omelet man in the morning! :lol: But parking... Hmmmm... :bag:

I think we stayed @ Courtyard last year in Wausau, Wisconsin on the way to the Apostle Islands... I don't think breakfast is free and no free happy hour. That is always a deal breaker! But Courtyard seems nice and trendy... Least you don't have to deal with the brutal free breakfast scene you get @ the ES from time to time!

There is an Embassy Suites in lots of towns littering my phone contacts... From Deerfield Beach FLA to S.Frisco. Now games in BFLo? I just stay @ my parents house (home I grew up in)... :D

Just my 2 cents... :bag:

Stay at the ES and the drink is free during their complimentary nightly happy hour (Manager's Meet and Greet)! :nana:

Ha. I know. Hence me "buying" the first round!

I've stayed at the Courtyard/Canalside previously and I'll be staying again during Easter. Great hotel, plus convenience factor to First Niagara is a plus. Large rooms, set up perfectly. Nicest Courtyard I've stayed in. I don't need the free breakfast\, I like to sample the local restaurants.

You better be quick making reservations at the Embassy as soon as the schedule is released because every game weekend sells out immediately. Oh and prices are at the top of the card because of demand too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The Courtyard in much more nicely appointed, but if having that little extra room is important Embassy is the choice.

Agree on the full service Marrioy, that place is awesome. Also where the Bills stay the night before games, so if you want autographs and pictures, that's the place. Actually had a nice , albeit brief ? conversation with Kim Pegula the night of the Dolphins game. Place is pricey however , and forget buying drinks there, NY prices in Buffalo.

We stay at Lofts on Pearl last year and those places were great to if you have a few people paying the freight. Full kitchens , full living rooms , only problems was nonTV in the bedrooms.

Good place if you doing a trip with a bunch of guys, two bedrooms plus sofa bed in living room, nicer than the Embassy for that kind of trip in my mind.

Also, there are other places to stay now as well. I believe a Westin in opening up on Chippewa and Delaware, a place is opening in the old Psych Center and some other place is , more of a luxury boutique is opening as well.

Embassy Suites. Join the Hilton Honors club. You almost always get double points and they don't expire.

Exactly Bill... I forgot to mention this. Funny debate about hotels, people are quite loyal on where they stay. :-)

Glad to see you posting!

You better be quick making reservations at the Embassy as soon as the schedule is released because every game weekend sells out immediately. Oh and prices are at the top of the card because of demand too.

Again... Loyal following... Been staying there for over three decades traveling to out of town Bills games... ESPECIALLY when you bunk w/a Brother who snores worse than the roar of The Falls @ full tourist flow!

Mix in the copious amounts of alcohol and one is glad to have the standard extra room... Just shut the door! LoL... My Bro probably said the same thing about me (@ one time)! Just depends who passed out first I guess!

ES: For all the cheapskates, boozing, over breakfast-eating snorers! Hilton has it nailed down... Thanks Conrad! ;-) ;-) LoL

Oh and give your breakfast cards to a homeless guy... LoL... They know id you are staying there and don't need the card... :-)

I'm thinking about trying the new Marriott harborcenter for the home opener this year.

Question: what's the best way to get to that stadium to tailgate? I was thinking about trying to find an option that didn't include driving a car to avoid making someone the DD. Any suggestions?

Yeah, a heavy cab fare. downtown is pretty far from Orchard Park. I travel almost every week for my work so I can't speak to these hotels as I grew up in Buffalo, but moved away as an adult. As far as most Embassy Suites, it depends how many people you have going as they are nice in having two rooms, and the breakfast and happy hour is nice.

For the football nuts, most Embassy Suites do not cover NFLN, whereas most Courtyards I stay at have it. Courtyards overall have been redone, and are typically very clean and new now.

I know you probably want the nightlife of downtown, but it will be a haul to get to tailgating. My family still lives in Orchard Park and Hamburg, so we only have an 8 minute drive on the backroads getting there when I bring my boys up for a game every September.

Thanks for the help. I wish the new Buffalo Westin would be open in September, but that is not opening until November 1st. What I like about the Embassy is the free breakfast. I will be staying at the hotel a few days so obviously the free breakfast will be nice. And many people say that Embassy has awesome breakfasts. But the Courtyard looks really nice though, and the other Bills message board is saying the Courtyard. The voting is 5 for the Courtyard and 2 for Embassy on the other board. One other poster recommended the Blue Dolphin Hotel, but obviously that was a joke after looking that up.

Wife and I are Marriott people. Most times stay at the Militaryroad one. When my son and his wife come up for a game he likes to stay on Delaware. Last year was the last time we will stay at the holiday inn. Embassy suites this year.

Yeah, a heavy cab fare. downtown is pretty far from Orchard Park. I travel almost every week for my work so I can't speak to these hotels as I grew up in Buffalo, but moved away as an adult. As far as most Embassy Suites, it depends how many people you have going as they are nice in having two rooms, and the breakfast and happy hour is nice.

For the football nuts, most Embassy Suites do not cover NFLN, whereas most Courtyards I stay at have it. Courtyards overall have been redone, and are typically very clean and new now.

I know you probably want the nightlife of downtown, but it will be a haul to get to tailgating. My family still lives in Orchard Park and Hamburg, so we only have an 8 minute drive on the backroads getting there when I bring my boys up for a game every September.

Dont know how you drive to the stadium, but downtown to the Ralph is about 12 minutes, even on game day. Too far if you are t drunk, but a 1-minute drive is too far if you are drunk.

Edited by plenzmd1

Based on pictures, I like the Courtyard Marriott from the outside. From the inside, the Courtyard definitely looks newer and a little nicer IMO. But the Embassy has a free and from what I heard, a better breakfast than the Courtyard. And the Embassy looks just as nice. I wish the new Buffalo Westin would be open in September, but it is nit opening until November I believe.

Based on pictures, I like the Courtyard Marriott from the outside. From the inside, the Courtyard definitely looks newer and a little nicer IMO. But the Embassy has a free and from what I heard, a better breakfast than the Courtyard. And the Embassy looks just as nice. I wish the new Buffalo Westin would be open in September, but it is nit opening until November I believe.

The afternoon open bar Manager's reception at Embassy is the clincher for me.

Personally, if they don't have a 30-year single malt to mix with my 7-Up and wash down the powdered scrambled eggs... Well sir, I march right up to the manager, let him know I'm classy as f*ck and won't be frequenting his establishment anymore.

Personally, if they don't have a 30-year single malt to mix with my 7-Up and wash down the powdered scrambled eggs... Well sir, I march right up to the manager, let him know I'm classy as f*ck and won't be frequenting his establishment anymore.

you are quite the B word are you not ?

I approve!

if I drank 7 up i would be righteously pissed too!

"Dammit Man do you KNOW who I am !

I want service here!"

One thing I do and several others have picked up on it, for the home opener, is book the first three weekends of the schedule, before it comes out. Once it's announced which weekend is the opener, cancel the two weekends you don't need. Get the room you want and the lower rate. Been doing this for several years now.

One thing I do and several others have picked up on it, for the home opener, is book the first three weekends of the schedule, before it comes out. Once it's announced which weekend is the opener, cancel the two weekends you don't need. Get the room you want and the lower rate. Been doing this for several years now.

Good thing you never had access to the CoKE or KFC recipe.

I know it is very early before tickets are released, but I would like to have an idea on where to stay. I have narrowed it down to Courtyard Marriott Downtown Buffalo or Embassy Suites. I didn't like the Adams Mark last year, and some people said the Hyatt wasn't as nice as others, and the Hilton Garden looks eh. So between the Courtyard Marriott or the Embassy Suites since they both cost the same, where would you rather stay?

Embassy Suites

Dont know how you drive to the stadium, but downtown to the Ralph is about 12 minutes, even on game day. Too far if you are t drunk, but a 1-minute drive is too far if you are drunk.

I'm not clear what you meant by this thread, but it is not 12 minutes from downtown to the Ralph. My family who drives never drinks so not sure on that comment. My point with original comment is simply my family don't care about nightlife in downtown. I come up for our family party, and the game. We live close so easy to get there at 8 am for the fun tailgating experience.

I'd love to hear how you go over the Skyway, through Lackawanna, and take the roads to get to Abbott Road, or Southwestern in 12 minutes. That is impossible, and that is with no traffic. It's fine if he wants the downtown experience, and enjoy the nightlife, but the cab ride if he doesn't have family to drive him will take time especially if he doesn't leave early for the stadium.

I'm not clear what you meant by this thread, but it is not 12 minutes from downtown to the Ralph. My family who drives never drinks so not sure on that comment. My point with original comment is simply my family don't care about nightlife in downtown. I come up for our family party, and the game. We live close so easy to get there at 8 am for the fun tailgating experience.

I'd love to hear how you go over the Skyway, through Lackawanna, and take the roads to get to Abbott Road, or Southwestern in 12 minutes. That is impossible, and that is with no traffic. It's fine if he wants the downtown experience, and enjoy the nightlife, but the cab ride if he doesn't have family to drive him will take time especially if he doesn't leave early for the stadium.

Lets say we get on the base of the Skyway at 8.30. I am in line for the ECC lot by 8.50 at the latest...and that only when the fireman are doing a boot drive. You are correct, maybe not 12, but no more then 20...guarantedd!

Neither. Last season, I stayed up near UB. Best place to stay, imo.

Bottom shelf (or lower) booze doesn't do much for some folks.

Agree on the booze, top shelf or no.

But bottom shelf beer.. doesn't offend me so much. I don't know why. If it were Genny Screamer's I'd still come come back for more.

I'm warped.