What about Kyle at DE

Webster Guy

With all this talk about bringing in a true Nose Tackle zero technique guy, I wonder what our line would look like if we slid Kyle out to Mario's old spot.

The nose takes the A and B gap on Hughes side, Dareus plays his 1 tech right where he loves to be, and he and Kyle share that B gap depending on what is called by the Ryans.

Kyle is singled on a RT as much as you want him to be, assuming your nose tackle is adequate and Dareus is handling that left inside turf (A and or B gaps)

Before you laugh, forget the old saying that DE's need to be tall and have long arms. Dumerville isn't even 6 feet tall and he dominates OT's all day out there.

Kyle has speed, strength, experience, chases down plays, hand control, never gets pancaked or steamrolled.

If we could get a healthy productive season from Jarius Wynn and Kyle as LDE's, maybe we could focus on drafting the best player available at LB/safety/WR and not burn a pick on DE this year.

Edited by Webster Guy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this talk about bringing in a true Nose Tackle zero technique guy, I wonder what our line would look like if we slid Kyle out to Mario's old spot.

The nose takes the A and B gap on Hughes side, Dareus plays his 3 tech right where he loves to be, and he and Kyle share that B gap depending on what is called by the Ryans.

Kyle is singled on a RT as much as you want him to be, assuming your nose tackle is adequate and Dareus is handling that left inside turf (A and or B gaps)

Before you laugh, forget the old saying that DE's need to be tall and have long arms. Dumerville isn't even 6 feet tall and he dominates OT's all day out there.

Kyle has speed, strength, experience, chases down plays, hand control, never gets pancaked or steamrolled.

If we could get a healthy productive season from Jarius Wynn and Kyle as LDE's, maybe we could focus on drafting the best player available at LB/safety/WR and not burn a pick on DE this year.

Dont you think that Dumerviille has a different body type?

The lack of long reach IS an issue

The nose takes the A and B gap on Hughes side, Dareus plays his 1 tech right where he loves to be, and he and Kyle share that B gap depending on what is called by the Ryans.

Dareus loves 3, I'm not sure you can fit a big body at 1 with a NT at 0. Kyle could play end in hughes' side but the more I think about this alignment the outside run would kill it.... Of course I seem to remember spiller torching wrecks for some huge games so.... Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I think most everyone has covered the answer, so I'll just point out that even Dumervil has 32-inch arms...longer than Kyle

This article is getting old now, but it's still very informative and accurate. Probably one of the best football articles I've come across in my time on the internet.

It illustrates how Kyle Williams can play basically any DL position in any Defense. Also proven by his consistent performance in the 8 or so different schemes he's played in since he's been here.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

This article is getting old now, but it's still very informative and accurate. Probably one of the best football articles I've come across in my time on the internet.

It illustrates how Kyle Williams can play basically any DL position in any Defense. Also proven by his consistent performance in the 8 or so different schemes he's played in since he's been here.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/1/11/1927873/examining-multiple-defensive-fronts-featuring-kyle-williams

Well, not exactly. It illustrates how Kyle would line up in any front, while also pointing out the limitations he'd have at certain positions (i.e. any spot in a 2-gapping system, which is what Rex likes to run at least half the time).

He is way too short to play DE. He is quick from the DT spot when it comes to the short distance to get to the qb but it is unlikely that he has the speed to do so from the DE position.

I could be wrong and might even hope to be, but I doubt if Kyle makes the Bills roster this year.