Manning retired... Indy statue in future

BuffaloBill

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peyton retire on a wave of good fortune?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shell of former self, HGH/PED accusations dogging him....seems obvious. Just has to wait for the post Super Bowl wave of season ticket sales to die down before announcing.

Fortunately for him the other QB played even worse.

Newton gave up toward the end, but his team let him down up until then. He actually played well, all things considered, until he quit. He deserves to be dogged for quitting, but his team let him down too.

Yea he will. I actually think it was the classy thing to do last night not to announce it straight away and hog the limelight. If Peyton stand on the podium and says "that was the last ride" it risked overshadowing one of the great Superbowl defensive displays.

But he is done and he has been terrible for a year and a half. His team got him this ring but I don't begrudge him it because plenty of other years he played well enough and didnt get there.

Edited by GunnerBill

He'll retire, anyone could see in that game he was a shell of his former self. He hit a few key passes, any maybe Carolina's defense was playing quite well, but Peyton usually dictates the game to defenses. not the other way around.

sad to see him look so bad, those injuries really put the whammy on him.

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

His skills are clearly declining. His best years are behind him and only further decline awaits him.

He just won a SB.

I can't imagine a scenario where he doesn't retire. He'll go out just like his boss.

Edited by hondo in seattle