Manning retired... Indy statue in future

BuffaloBill

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peyton retire on a wave of good fortune?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah. That's the point.

It's a team game, unless Peyton Manning is involved. Then it's bad to win as a team.

Early in Brady's career the Patriots* were the ultimate team, winning with defense and lucky bounces.

It's funny to me, that's all.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Manning has that 2nd ring, now he wants to wash the taste of being a game manager type QB out of his mouth.

I doubt it works out well, sadly. But I'll certainly watch!

I think it will be LA. They reportedly have interest, they have a sick defense and some great offensive weapons, and Peyton could play Seattle twice to get some measure of revenge.

I think it'll be LA as well. From some of the comments from the Rams it seems they are taking a Broncos style approach to building a defense first team and now with Gurley they really just need a QB who can manage the game and get them in the right plays. Plus, "Peyton Manning" sells tickets and generates fan interest a lot better than "Case Keenum" in a brand new major market. With a 2nd team coming soon, the Rams really need to hit the ground running, whichever team is better is going to have a major advantage in winning fans in LA.

breaking news from leadership gathering at the Florida Forum on Wednesday night:

"Many of you have probably heard that I have a significant announcement to make, so I thought I'd go ahead and make it with all of you here tonight," Manning said. "Papa John's is offering 50 percent off tonight through Friday.

"I'm sure that was the response you were looking for."

http://abc7chicago.com/sports/peyton-manning-jokes-about-impending-decision-but-offers-no-insight/1228792/

It's sad to see players go beyond their years. The guy is filthy rich, will land any tv contract he wants, is a first round automatic HOF entrant and can go out absolutely on top so why risk any of this?

for another $20 mil

First it was:

Manning sucks because, sure he has all the STATS but what about RINGS? Rings are for winners, stats are for losers!

Then:

Well, the rings he "won" don't count because his STATS weren't good enough!

LOL

When does Big Ben give back his 1st Super Bowl ring due to insufficient stats? I want to watch the ceremony, if there is one.

Both the Rams and Texans have 45 and 42 mil in cap sapce who have a run game, and a good defense. The Texans have said through back channels they are not interested.

I've already said i thought he would retire, but by him not talking until now leads me to believe he is trying to see if one of these solid teams needing a QB want him. Why not from his perspective check it out first before you make the announcement? i don't know why not to leave on top as he's not going to have the same luck twice. It's like Johnny Unitas or Broadway Joe hanging on too long.

I never fault a guy for continuing to build his wealth so if he wants to do it, fine with me. i just wouldn't do it. Retire when you jsut won the SB. Just like Elway.

Report: Broncos 'move on' from Manning, offer Osweiler contract

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-broncos-move-on-from-manning-offer-osweiler-contract/ar-BBqiJvD?ocid=ansmsnsports11

Darren McKee of KKFN tells us sources say Broncos have already decided to move on from Manning, and won't even give him mandatory physical.

Edited by papazoid