Manning retired... Indy statue in future

BuffaloBill

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peyton retire on a wave of good fortune?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty obvious but dude was obsessed with football so it has to be hard to say you're done. He was awful this year and probably didn't want to go out like that (even with the SB). He and Marino were the greatest regular season Qbs ever.

It also goes to show that despite how important Qbs are, football is still the ultimate team game. Manning was pretty bad in the 2 postseasons he won the SBs. He got carried by his defense both times.

Wonder if his wife will show up to the retirement press conference. Someone could ask why she was on HGH. That's pretty much what came out of the Peyton drug scandal - that the hgh was for his wife not Peyton - until the media conspired to muffle the whole thing.

Good article: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2016/0307/The-beautiful-mind-of-Peyton-Manning

He is the man around whom the NFL’s passing revolution pivoted. When Manning entered the league in 1998, football was still the recognizable descendant of “three yards and a cloud of dust.” Teams still won by running the football and stopping the run.

Following Manning’s lead, the NFL has now turned that mantra on its head. Manning put up “Star Wars” numbers, in the words of the Colts owner, and the NFL wanted in on the entertainment. It changed its rules, and the basic paradigm underlying the game changed.

Edited by boater

Hard to see Manning go. If it wasn't for the Manning Brothers I'm sure Pats Nation would be even more intolerable. I hope he nails the presser and avoids any embarrassing questions that the snakes will be waiting to fire at him.

That would be very uncouth to take this moment to undermine his farewell speech. would not surprise me, just totally uncool if some one did.

Is Sully going to be there?

That would be very uncouth to take this moment to undermine his farewell speech. would not surprise me, just totally uncool if some one did.

Is Sully going to be there?

he mentioned them. "I will even miss the fans at Foxboro. I'm sure they will miss me too, since they got a lot of wins against me"

cant wait to read the transcript and see the video later

Stupid work

CBF

i caught it on the radio in the car... And actually had tears in my eyes. Mostly when he was talking about the "little things" he will miss toward the end. So good.