Manning retired... Indy statue in future

BuffaloBill

144 members have voted

1. 1. Will Peyton retire on a wave of good fortune?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will, but the chance to run "his offense" with the LA Rams and throw it 40 times a game, just to show he still can and to pad his stats, probably calls to some small part of him, especially if he starts feeling healthy.

He has a ring with 2 different teams, is 3-1 vs Brady in the AFC Title game, hold pretty much every single season and career passing record there is, so if he did come back it would just be icing on the cake.

I doubt he will. But I think the competitor in him wants to show he can still sling it, even if maybe he can't. Being part of the NFL's return to LA and also playing in the NFC vs Seattle twice might also appeal to him.

One thing is for sure: he is not going to be playing for Denver no matter what happens.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Heard rumors not too long ago that him and Kubiak weren't getting along, then Archie says if Peyton plays again next year it won't be in Denver.

He says to Belichick, it might be his last rodeo, he says after the SB it's a good way to cap it off.

Hes 39 and kinda injury prone lately, his skills are deteriorating, he just won the SB, 5x MVP, 2 SB wins, all kinds of QB records, he's got a ton of $$$.

I don't think he's playing again. No need to, nothing more to accomplish.

Edited by old school

• 3 weeks later...

It seemed like he was almost embarrassed to win the super bowl - because he had so very little to do with the win. If he had 250 yds and 2 TD's he would have been celebrating like it was 1999 - but he just couldn't let loose and I think his play made him feel weird about doing that.

I can't see any scenario where he plays again. He finishes on top, his play has diminished, he is very successful in many business endeavors, and so on.

He won't coach though. Too many hours for not enough reward. How many superstar players who are HOF are head coaches in the NFL? So many of the role players move towards coaching and eventually work their way up to HC. Kubiak, Garrett, etc. come to mind.

Him working behind the scenes for part of an ownership group or working in the personnel capacity makes more sense like Elway. Elway though cut his teeth in the Arena Football League learning the business from the ground up.

Every Sunday analyst on every network (CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN, NFLN) is probably a little worried if he'll take their job.