Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This weed nonsense is absurd. It's easy to sit here and throw stones at someone who can't seem to get out of his own way, but it's exponentially more frustrating that the NFL is punishing him like this for some herb.

I know this has been said ad nauseam but...ya

This weed nonsense is absurd. It's easy to sit here and throw stones at someone who can't seem to get out of his own way, but it's exponentially more frustrating that the NFL is punishing him like this for some herb.

If you had millions on the line could you kick it?

I think it's absurd that my neighborhood homeowners does not allow our garbage cans to be visible from the road or we get fined. However until we get it changed I have to adhere to the statute in the bylaws.

I think it's absurd that my neighborhood homeowners does not allow our garbage cans to be visible from the road or we get fined. However until we get it changed I have to adhere to the statute in the bylaws.

You expose your garbage cans to your neighbors? Sicko!

Absurd? Dumbass Gordon by all accounts worked his butt off last year and supposedly stayed clean. Millions of dollars and his career on the line, he reapplies for reinstatement in February and tests positive for pot in March before any decision has been made. And you think this is about the weed? Absurd.

Absurd? Dumbass Gordon by all accounts worked his butt off last year and supposedly stayed clean. Millions of dollars and his career on the line, he reapplies for reinstatement in February and tests positive for pot in March before any decision has been made. And you think this is about the weed? Absurd.

It's absurd that the NFL is so against marijuana as pain relief. The league would much rather players either smoked the synthetic stuff (which can put you in hospital) or take prescription painkillers (which are infinitely more addictive than weed is).

I agree with the sentiments that Josh knows the rules and should abide by them. It just seems like the NFL has their priorities completely !@#$ed up.

Agreed--he's an idiot.

It's absurd that the NFL is so against marijuana as pain relief. The league would much rather players either smoked the synthetic stuff (which can put you in hospital) or take prescription painkillers (which are infinitely more addictive than weed is).

I agree with the sentiments that Josh knows the rules and should abide by them. It just seems like the NFL has their priorities completely !@#$ed up.

Agreed--it's not like these guys are drug trafficking; most of them are using it as pain relief.

I see no reason to treat it differently than alcohol.

Rex "ll take m

Shady McBucks can weasel his way out of a suspension for far worse.

This should be fun: what's the "far worse" that Shady did?

Whatever anyone's thoughts on it, it's illegal in this country except for 2 states. Josh Gordon can quit football and move to one of those states and nobody will ever bother him again. His decision. Ricky Williams chose to move to India and smoke weed every day vs playing so they are free to do what they want. But don't blame it on the NFL

The system is what it is. It's terrible that people find crutches of any form. Me, personally, I have smoked enough weed in my lifetime to put Snoop Dog is a coma. I don't do it anymore, but I am against it by no means. One thing I do know is if my career was on the line, and millions of dollars at stake, I would stay as far away from it or anyone who had it by a country mile. All this "keepin it real with your people" bs and hanging out with the people you did before will ruin you. Josh obviously is not mature enough to get this yet. Also, when you stop doing what everyone else is doing they act like you no longer exist anyway. You have to separate yourself most times to get to where you want to be in life.

The NFL isn't punishing him at all. They told him and all players the conditions of employment. He thumbed his nose at them. They gave him other chances and he said screw you, I'll do as I please.

The NFL did nothing to this dumb bastard but give him tons of money for playing a kids game.

Whatever anyone's thoughts on it, it's illegal in this country except for 2 states. Josh Gordon can quit football and move to one of those states and nobody will ever bother him again. His decision. Ricky Williams chose to move to India and smoke weed every day vs playing so they are free to do what they want. But don't blame it on the NFL

The difference between a Josh Gordon and your average NFL player is the reason they're using it. Josh seems to have an addictive personality and there's been more than a few worried about his drinking as much as his weed use. Josh clearly has a problem.

The wider point is that the NFL has a weird priority on what drugs are prohibited. The amount of drugs taken for pain relief by your average NFL player would probably shock most people. The sole reason they don't have strict testing unless you're already in the program is because half of the league would fail those tests.

In terms of societal use, I think it's crazy that weed isn't legal but alcohol is. I don't use the stuff myself but I know people who have/still do. I grew up with an alcoholic father. I know which one is more dangerous. I think it's time that the law moved with the times and the NFL could be a leader in pushing the benefits over prescription drugs. Why they choose not to is beyond me.

The system is what it is. It's terrible that people find crutches of any form. Me, personally, I have smoked enough weed in my lifetime to put Snoop Dog is a coma. I don't do it anymore, but I am against it by no means. One thing I do know is if my career was on the line, and millions of dollars at stake, I would stay as far away from it or anyone who had it by a country mile. All this "keepin it real with your people" bs and hanging out with the people you did before will ruin you. Josh obviously is not mature enough to get this yet. Also, when you stop doing what everyone else is doing they act like you no longer exist anyway. You have to separate yourself most times to get to where you want to be in life.

I agree. A lot of these guys use football as a means of escaping a pretty crappy childhood. The NFL gives them an opportunity that most other careers they're destined for just simply can't.. The vast majority of them seem to be able to keep their old life apart from their new life. Hearing Tyrann Mathieu talking about New Orleans in the past few days is a stark reminder that kids need something to strive for but the path to it isn't easy.

A lot of these guys have lived through things that I can't imagine growing up as a middle class kid in a leafy suburb. I find it difficult to judge them without having walked in their shoes.

Edited by Blokestradamus