Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absurd that the NFL is so against marijuana as pain relief. The league would much rather players either smoked the synthetic stuff (which can put you in hospital) or take prescription painkillers (which are infinitely more addictive than weed is).

I agree with the sentiments that Josh knows the rules and should abide by them. It just seems like the NFL has their priorities completely !@#$ed up.

I don't know the NFL's priorities and so I can't say how strict their enforcement is with marijuana. I know someone who worked for the team and Josh Gordon did not start smoking it for pain relief. He freely used it well before he was drafted, so much so it affected his career and the NFL's image. Much like Manziel, he was unreliable day-to-day during the season.

And given that medical marijuana is legal in two states involving multiple franchises, I would think the NFL would tread lightly on a first time occurrence for positive marijuana test.

Legalize it ASAP. So dumb, let the adults make their own decisions

NFL really cares about him huh ?

I get this point of view.

But there's another. Intoxicated (alcohol, drugs) drivers are probably to blame for the majority of fatal driving accidents. And health care costs get driven up by people who knowingly do unhealthy things because inevitably some of them don't have insurance and we end up paying when they eventually suffer the consequences.

But do I think Gordon should be banned from football for a series of alcohol and marijuana violations? No. There's got to be some common sense applied.

Legalize it ASAP. So dumb, let the adults make their own decisions

NFL really cares about him huh ?

The NFL cares about the NFL. They don't want to be called before Congress, or have anti-trust laws enforced against them, so they enforce federal standards in regards to banned substances.

Why is that so hard to understand?

If you had millions on the line could you kick it?

It's not something I have to kick. In the hypothetical where I was a frequent user, yes I would pause my use if it endangered my employment. That being said, I still think the fact that it does endanger employment in the NFL is crock. This isn't a defense of Gordon.

Someone came on the herd a few months ago and said he thinks that half of the players in the NFL smoke cannabis. It's really a shame they hand out pain pills to the players like candy but won't let them smoke a plant to help with the constant pain. If the NBA can take it off of the tests for players why can't the NFL? It's only a matter of time until it is legalized and regulated like alcohol.

Edited by FLBillsFan87

The NFL cares about the NFL. They don't want to be called before Congress, or have anti-trust laws enforced against them, so they enforce federal standards in regards to banned substances.

Why is that so hard to understand?

the nba doesn't test for it in the off season and it seems they barely test as it is. the last guy to get suspended was larry sanders 2 years ago for 10 games and before that was a few years...just briefly looking it's like 4 guys in the last decade to get suspended for drugs.

It seems like the uptight people that are so concerned condemning what you enjoy are the ones who should be smoking it. As Bill Hicks said- "not only should weed be legal, it should be mandatory. Hey you honking your horn, try this. You are taking life too seriously". Goodall needs to take the stick out of his ass, and light a fattie

the nba doesn't test for it in the off season and it seems they barely test as it is. the last guy to get suspended was larry sanders 2 years ago for 10 games and before that was a few years...just briefly looking it's like 4 guys in the last decade to get suspended for drugs.

The NBA doesn't have nearly the same sort of PED issues that the NFL has which require those levels of off-season testing.

The NBA doesn't have nearly the same sort of PED issues that the NFL has which require those levels of off-season testing.

well they could stop testing in the off season for weed. it seems the nba guys have learned to stop smoking between oct 1 and june 1 or whatever dates they may be. the nfl has an even shorter season so most player could smoke between jan or feb 1 and aug 1. weed is becoming legal but the nfl seems to want to live in the old days with it and it's just hurting them getting star players on the field. i mean gordon has been arrested one time for dui and is out of the league cause of weed. yet terrell suggs poured bleach on his child and wife and he's a star player and hasn't missed games.

well they could stop testing in the off season for weed. it seems the nba guys have learned to stop smoking between oct 1 and june 1 or whatever dates they may be.

The NBA doesn't just not test for it during the off season, veterans (with 2 years experience I think?) aren't ever tested for it -- in season or off season.

The NBA doesn't just not test for it during the off season, veterans (with 2 years experience I think?) aren't ever tested for it -- in season or off season.

wow, that's new to me. used to be just the off season. the nfl is also getting bad press with players failing drug tests. sometimes you just want to bang your head against the wall with their thinking

wow, that's new to me. used to be just the off season. the nfl is also getting bad press with players failing drug tests. sometimes you just want to bang your head against the wall with their thinking

The NFL has created a year round news cycle, that is no small feat. I'm not sure how much it's rules and regulations dictate that but they sure seem to go hand and hand.