Josh Gordon Reinstated to the NFL; Must Serve 4 Game Ban

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect compliment to Manziel.

Don't get the relation....Gordon smoked pot, which is legal depending where you live...how did coke....not really the same...and I checked. They're not related

But they were both dumb enough to significantly harm their careers by their inability to stop doing drugs.

Someone will take a chance on him. But I am guessing the Browns are done.

No way. He's their best playmaker on offense. They'd get nothing in return right now anyway so they're going to have to ride it out with him.

Don't get the relation....Gordon smoked pot, which is legal depending where you live...how did coke....not really the same...and I checked. They're not related

Actually the most recent suspension was because drinking alcohol was a violation of the deal he made with the NFL. It was through the end of the season and after the Browns season concluded he took a trip with teammates to Vegas. Somebody took and posted a pic with him holding a drink on the airplane and he was tested as soon as he got off. His contention was that the season was over and he had fulfilled the agreement, but the deal actually ran through the end of the league year which was in March. Obviously it was his responsibility to know and follow the specifics of his agreement - and he previously tested positive for marijuana - but he's not been out of control or doing anything crazy. Stupid, yes. And that's a concern, but he doesn't have a substance abuse issue.

No way. He's their best playmaker on offense. They'd get nothing in return right now anyway so they're going to have to ride it out with him.

Actually the most recent suspension was because drinking alcohol was a violation of the deal he made with the NFL. It was through the end of the season and after the Browns season concluded he took a trip with teammates to Vegas. Somebody took and posted a pic with him holding a drink on the airplane and he was tested as soon as he got off. His contention was that the season was over and he had fulfilled the agreement, but the deal actually ran through the end of the league year which was in March. Obviously it was his responsibility to know and follow the specifics of his agreement - and he previously tested positive for marijuana - but he's not been out of control or doing anything crazy. Stupid, yes. And that's a concern, but he doesn't have a substance abuse issue.

Someone should ask though if it makes sense to hire Stupid for the job Stupid will have to do. I mean, even if the job is changing light bulbs in an office building, if Stupid does $4 million dollars in facility damages on his way to changing 6 bulbs, it might not have been a good hire.

Ok, I'll go ahead and say it -- I'd be willing to give him a look in Buffalo. Some guys do eventually grow up, and if he has, he has sick skills to match with Sammy (who might also be a great influence on him).

Ok, I'll go ahead and say it -- I'd be willing to give him a look in Buffalo. Some guys do eventually grow up, and if he has, he has sick skills to match with Sammy (who might also be a great influence on him).

I agree.

He's a low risk/high reward signing at this point, isn't he? Any team should try to reap those benefits, at least until it's time to give him a new contract.

Someone should ask though if it makes sense to hire Stupid for the job Stupid will have to do. I mean, even if the job is changing light bulbs in an office building, if Stupid does $4 million dollars in facility damages on his way to changing 6 bulbs, it might not have been a good hire.

Well, if only a few people in the world could do the job as well as Stupid, then I bet someone would take the chance on him. Josh Gordon led the league in receiving yards the last time he played almost a whole season. How many WRs can step on the field and be in that class today? Oh and he had crap at QB when he did it.

The Browns would be moronic to cut him. With a new regime in place and a offensively focused HC, Gordon has a great chance to step in and be their clear cut number one and a top three WR in the league. On a team that is relatively devoid of talent, that's a massive piece to walk away from.

The Browns would be moronic to cut him. With a new regime in place and a offensively focused HC, Gordon has a great chance to step in and be their clear cut number one and a top three WR in the league. On a team that is relatively devoid of talent, that's a massive piece to walk away from.

There's a personal aspect to this, too, obviously. This is usually the cause of "moronic" decisions.

And it's the Browns.

I wonder how Gordon fits in with their analytics...

the good thing is he has not tested pos for weed in about a year and a half and would be two years at the start of the year. I'm not sure if he still has the alcohol ban or not but i'd say he may have the weed problem kicked. It'd be stupid if the browns got rid of him cause it's almost a no lose situation...if he goes off like 2 years ago they have a huge year but if he does nothing or gets suspended they just release him and move on.

I don't see the Browns entertaining any trade offers for Gordon. He is a top talent and by all accounts has been well behaved and focused on his return to the NFL (MaryKayCabot has an article about him discussing his behavior).

The Browns are the Browns but they would outdue themselves if they moved Gordon before he restores his value. It's wishful thinking to be able to acquire him for a mid-round pick. More realistic options will be available via FA, look for Sanu or Jones to be visiting Buffalo.

Roman likes trick plays, my money is on Sanu.

I am amazed at this. If I were Hue, I would clean all the crap out of the team. The worst thing is for him to deal with off-field headaches, like Gordon and Manziel. Plus, you would think they want to change the culture.

Gordon is a top 5 wideout, Manziel is a top 5 jack ass.

Gordon and Shelton would be my new best friends if I was Hue. Both of them can be difference makers on their respective sides of the ball. Oh yeah and draft Goff.